Sign in to follow this  
Shape01

Briefing for Multiplayergames wont show.

My mulitplayermission is about done thanks to the help I got from this forum. However, after Ive exported my mission to "multiplayer" and started a new internet server, my briefing doesnt show up ingame for me or any other. What happened?

Otherwise, tell us what you have done, because 'it doesn't work' is awfully vague.

lol, precisely.

Shape01,

assuming your briefing is defined in "briefing.sqf", insert

execVM "briefing.sqf";
on top of your init.sqf (if you don't have one, create one). This way the briefing text is executed for each player at mission startup. generally spoken.

I am having a similar issue, however I can see it but others can't.

The briefing content (tasks, etc) needs to be broadcasted to all machines right at mission startup.

This can be done either within the init field (in the editor) of one unit or, usually, by use of the init.sqf.

Assuming a "briefing.sqf" in use, it is essential that the call of the "briefing.sqf" is executed prior to any delays like sleep so that the briefing shows up before the mission starts:

using

//<begin of the init.sqf here>
execVM "briefing.sqf";
sleep 1;

will show up the briefing text before the mission starts,

while using

//<begin of the init.sqf here>
sleep 1;
execVM "briefing.sqf";

the briefing content can only be seen after the mission has started.

Edited by Wiper

np,

one more thing I'm experiencing while I type:

Having the briefing call inside of a script that is executed from the init line of a playing unit (group leader on a game server) the briefing.sqf is not executed for the clients, while other stuff is.

If I move the call of the Briefing.sqf over to the init.sqf, the text kicks in for the client/s as well.

BTW, it seems Kupla has found a solid way to instance briefing and tasks here :-)

Ill try to be more specific,

I have made a briefing.sqf, briefing.html and init.sqf already and they are located in "arma2 other users..." library where my mission is saved. Init.sqf looks like yours. When I play myself in the editor everything is working fine. However when I export my mission theese files doesnt follow. Tried to copy them manually to the new location, but I still didnt manage to show them ingame. Are they files supposed to follow to the new directory?

Do you need more info?

Cellus: None of the links you provided actually fits my description, and yes, Ive already read them before posting ;-). I tried to add so my init.sqf looks like http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78855 (TurokGMTs post), but no difference.

Hope this will work out...

Files doesn't follow? Copy them manually? It should be a .pbo, so you can't see what files are there, really. And don't do it manually - more than likely give you errors. Didn't save it under a new name, did you? You'll have to copy all the scripts across to document folder, load it up, then export it to multi. New .pbo is is not in doco folder, but game folder.