Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

Serious MP scoring bug

I know a couple of people have noticed this but thought it was worth seeing how widespread this is.

Quite often you get awarded 2 (or more) kills instead of 1. Also, you will sometimes see 2 deaths rather than 1. I thought at first it was a problem with my script pack but have reproduced this with a stock mission.

The issue is reported here. If you can reproduce it (the mission is also there) and want it fixed, it would be helpful if you could vote for it.

I suspect this bothers PVP players rather than CO-OP people which may be why there hasn't been a huge fuss about it!

Yes I've noticed I often get 2 kills for 1 lately. I've heard others on the servers stating the same.

I wonder if this has something to do with the location where the enemy was shot, like head vs chest vs 2 or 3 in the foot. Either way it does sound like a bug unless there is something to explain it.

>I wonder if this has something to do with the location where the enemy was shot

Excellent suggestion - I think you may be right. Still testing here but it does look like a headshot counts as two kills.

*Edit* Issue at dev-heaven updated with video showing the problem. You an see it

after youtube has finished processing. Edited by sbsmac

It is a BIS bug. Benny (of Warfare BE fame) has been able to code it out.