Sign in to follow this  
wiper

Language mod for 'locked' language versions

Hi,

Wiper, I've modified your addon to use with Polish ARMA 2, version 1.04. It was made for my personal use, but I think that some Polish players would be happy to use it too. Hope that you don't mind :D

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZX9CWZ4T

Salah ad Din;1479164']So' date=' how do we use these addons on servers that don't allow addons?[/quote']

You can't. That's the point of not allowing addons. If the server admin decides he doesn't want to allow any mods at all, you just can't connect with a mod to that server.

I don't really like this system myself, but it's just how it works.

1.05 versions available, check first page.

merry xmas :)

You can't. That's the point of not allowing addons. If the server admin decides he doesn't want to allow any mods at all, you just can't connect with a mod to that server.

I don't really like this system myself, but it's just how it works.

Every time i use these mods i get kicked of the server :( but i found other way to change language and play in internet.

All you need to do is to find ArmA 2 1.00 ENG Language files(Ask your friend to reinstall the game :D) from addons and dta folder and put them into yours. I don't know why, but 1.00 versions files does not require a key :) Ofcoure now we have 1.05 patch which implemented changes like server control button which didn't exist in 1.00 so whener i click him i see buttons with no text in :) but that's not a big problem.

P.S If you need those language files just send me a pm with your email :)

Thank you, massive kudos!

Edit, thanks anyway, but they still don't work unless server allows unrecognised files, which doesn't happen :(

Edited by Guest

1.05 Polish possible, too? (PL2EN)

would be nice :)

Edited by Shaddan

1.05 Polish possible, too? (PL2EN)

would be nice :)

Yes!!! +1 for that... :pray::pet5:

I also wish for Polish to English version :)

here you go ;)

http://www.filefront.com/15215729/Arma2_v1.05_po2en.7z

first page updated.

Thank you, massive kudos!

Edit, thanks anyway, but they still don't work unless server allows unrecognised files, which doesn't happen :(

Admin issue.

Unless they copy the enclosed server key file in the "keys" folder on the server there's nothing we can do about :(

There is a little problem with ACE2.

Some of the commands and text will be still written in Polish since I suppose ACE2 reads from the original languages .pbo. Even when @poen is before @ACE in the target line. Any ideas how to change that?

I have the exact same problem as Kroky. Anyone found a solution yet?

I think I've found a little problem Wiper. I'm not sure if it's only on my dedicated server, but the bisign files were not accepted until I renamed them (for example):

to: language.pbo.wiper.bisign

I'm using the Hungarian mod, but I've noticed that the German has the same bisign filenames.

Can you confirm this problem?

Edited by MX Maximus

man, this is a life saver - had to reinstall my arma2 after that beta uninstaller removed actual arma2 content. this mod helped me understand what;'s being said by dialogues.

but could you perhaps do one for ACE2 as for some reason ace2 gives me words in german (i bought the game digitally from german petergames in my haste to get it. )

Edited by twisted

That's what I wanted to ask right now too. :D :D

And one more question: Can I choose with this mod in the options, which language you want to activate (like e.g. in the european version: English, France or ...(?)?

Can someone upload 'polish to english' (@poen) translation that is compatible with ACE2 mod?

Any way of reversing English to German?

I would like to change my German Metaboli Arma 2 version to English. Is it possible just by re-installing and changing CD-key to English version? I can send my original German key if someone send me original Arma 2 English CD-key.

Bohemia Interactive should release the language patch as they talked a year ago.

Yes, I am still very angry about this. The customer should be able to play the game in the preferred language. I personally absolutely dont like the polish localization on my copy. I would like to play it in english...without the need of a mod. :(

Kroky --> how did you manage to play in full english using ACE2 mod? I still see some polish names here and there, especially in the gear menu...

Do you have a special @poen version that is working with ACE2?