Sign in to follow this  
wiper

Language mod for 'locked' language versions

Hi All,

language mods for Arma2 versions with sticky language setting available here, all signed and with key file included.

( links refreshed as by 2010-11-20 )

version 1.05 :

Czech to English

German to English

German to French

Polish to English

Russian to English

previous language mod uploads

version 1.04 :

German to English

For questions regarding installation or other issues concerning this mod please check the first Arma2 language mods thread.

Have fun !

Edited by Wiper

Thanks mate. I didn't have any language errors even using 1.02 files, but it won't hurt using never files. :)

Pleasure. Seems they added some stuff, I guess mostly mission & highcommand fixes...

When i went to the campaign i still had the original ( in this case german ) mission names. Which file could be missing to convert it 100%?

When i went to the campaign i still had the original ( in this case german ) mission names. Which file could be missing to convert it 100%?

The campaign names are saved in savegames afaik, if you start a new mission from the campaign with this mod, it'll be english. (I have half of my campaign names in czech...)

Wiper: Thank you for updating! Your mod makes my life so much easier :)

Server key for the "German to English" version not in the download.

thanks ! link updated

Wiper: Thank you for updating! Your mod makes my life so much easier :)

lol Thanks for your kind words. Enjoy :)

Excuse me, but can I ask - for what reason you re-signed MY mod (Ru2En) with YOUR private key?..

Edited by =SilveR=

Excuse me, but can I ask - for what reason you re-signed MY mod (Ru2En) with YOUR private key?..

Hi Silver,

err, sorry I DID a russian version too (hence the key) because

1. I thought it makes things easier for people dropping in and searching for one, and
  2. I do not see the language mod as MINE or YOURS, but as a service for the community !
  3. The key is included because it is needed to document the originating of the pbo for connecting on some servers, and not to document ownership.

I dont see where a problem should arise as well, if servers have load up both of our keys.

However, If you prefer just tell - I do not have a problem removing the ru2en version link & upload.

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

replaced the link with your upload address, hope that is to your liking

SilveR anyone can sign pbos. It is about the server admin that chooses which key to use.

No issue at all with other people creating keys. The source addon should be properly

credited (if not done already).

It's OK, it's OK. For sure I mean no offence :) I've just like to know - what was the reason. Because some servers already use my key. I'm sorry if in anyway I harmed you :239:

Edited by =SilveR=

It's OK, it's OK. For sure I mean no offence :) I've just like to know - what was the reason. Because some servers already use my key. I'm sorry if in anyway I harmed you :239:

lol np !

so here's the problem i have. i added the patch and everything translates however when i go to a server it says session lost. i then put back the original pbo lang files and it will connect so why can't i connect with the modified english files? i have 2 games 1 in german and 1 in dutch. this really blows you'd think they were smart enough to add a damn language option inside the game or some shit so we dont have to do this crap. been on it all day with no luck. please help me, thanks, monkee

I have the same problem as Raf. Some servers won't allow this mod... Sometimes it says just "session lost" and other times it tells me that the server isn't signed. I guess that means that the server admin isn't allowing any mods to be run on the server. Ugh, dumb! This never happened before the patch. Can anyone please help?

Every server or just some of them ?

Server need to have the required server key loaded to except for particular mods.

Did you try to ask the server admin or anyone who probably knows on that server ?

pretty much every server. 1 server though, i had them accept your mod key yesterday however it still isn't working. and do you have a dutch to english by any chance?

pretty much every server. 1 server though, i had them accept your mod key yesterday however it still isn't working. and do you have a dutch to english by any chance?

Cant do, unfortunately. The language files I have dont support dutch ! (a german dl version and a 505 DVD)

One thing I noted reading your previous post:

Did you actually change the original language files in the Arma2\Dta and Arma2\AddOns folder ??

If so that could easily be the reason for your connecting troubles, I guess.

Try to never touch original data, let allone for future patches, they wont work with non original files.

Always create a mod folder and put the content in.

If unsure how its done, check the BIKI

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

or refer to the previous thread for the language mod

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75201

However, maybe I misinterpreted your lines and you already did all that.

In that case I'm a bit lost as I dont have an idea what went wrong.

To my knowledge most servers have the required server key installed and if installed properly your connection should be accepted.

no i used the lang files on my german version as a mod but i found out whats going on. need to have each server individually accept the cd key. that really sucks. arma 2 has alot of fixing to do or else it's going to lose alot of players cause of all this.

Just use the original 505 language .pbos. PM me for 1.02 version language (works fine in 1.03, just a few new texts missing that were added by the 1.03 patch).

All servers allow them by default.

I'm still getting problems. I install the mod as usual with the @geen folder in the main ArmA 2 folder, and I add the shortcut...it still won't load the language patch. I had this problem in 1.02 and I'm not sure if there was a solution. I'm still having the problem. :|

I'm still getting problems. I install the mod as usual with the @geen folder in the main ArmA 2 folder, and I add the shortcut...it still won't load the language patch. I had this problem in 1.02 and I'm not sure if there was a solution. I'm still having the problem. :|

what language version of the game do you use ? german ?

Can someone upload the Russian to English file to diffrent place. Savefile.com is not working for me.

Edit: Nevermind got it elsewhere.

Edited by Marek.M

have added a Russion to English version to the links as 'SaveFile' still seems down.