Sign in to follow this  
Swedda

woot need a pbo

so sorry if im a retard, but wtf! trying to save my mission to a pbo to send it to server, if i export to mpmission it becomes an armaII save file, if i choose send by email i get mapi error mail not sent....

am i missing all my braincells or wjhats the deal ??

ty very much.

hmmm problem nr2 now is the server saying data file to short. expected blablabla got blablabla. dooh

Edited by Swedda

i'd suspect mission.sqm of having a missing section perhaps? Or you have a zero-length script.

What exactly did you pack into your PBO?

if i export to mpmission it becomes an armaII save file

Strange, it should have made a PBO file. Are you absolutely sure about that?

What exactly did you pack into your PBO?

Strange, it should have made a PBO file. Are you absolutely sure about that?

no i was looking in the wrong place, my bad. however it just wont work. i packed :

briefing.sqf

descrition.ext

init.sqf

mission.sqm

Did you create a pbo of just those files? Or a folder called Whatever.utes or Whatever.chernarus with those files in it?

Did you create a pbo of just those files? Or a folder called Whatever.utes or Whatever.chernarus with those files in it?

just from thoose files.

Try it with the folder, create a folder called "mymap.utes" or "mymap.chernarus" depending on which island it's set on. Put the files in that folder, then create the PBO of that folder.

cpbo.exe only works on folders, so not sure why whatever tool you're using is letting you just take files and PBO them. :)

Or just move those files to:

My Docs\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Your profile\missions\mymap.islandnamehere then open it in the editor and Save to Singleplayer missions, or MP whichever.

i used cpbo, then i guess i had to make it from a folder. installing an dedicated server myself now so i can try myself without having to mail them to a friend each time.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

hmm its working fine and dandy on my dedicated server but not on my friends....

super thx for the help all.

Edited by Swedda