Sign in to follow this  
furia

Cannot find my own created mission .pbo in Windows 7

This may sound absurd but for some reason all the MP missions I created cannot be found on the usual mp mission folders.

If I open my own server the mision is avalaible on the missions list and you can actually play it, but I want to send it to some friends and I find all my MP folders empty.

As curiositry if I save the mission sittuation the save file can be nicely located on its folder and the server can restart the mision.

I have read that Windows 7 may have have some "troubles" with .pbo files but I was not expecting this.

I made a full search on my hard drive with the mision name but I only got the un-pbo folder and other files related to this mission except the .pbo one.

I searched either on the MPMission folder located on the Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\MP Missions and of course I also searched on Documents\Arma2 Other Profiles\username\MPMission and so...

I am missing something???? :j:

In that folder I have the Edited mision version, that is the one I made in the editor with the misionsqm and the description.ext

I am looking for the pbo one that is produced once I say "export to multiplayer" :j:

This is exactly the problem and this is exactly where my pbo files are.

:yay:

Thanks a lot.

Seems this problem is also reproduced on Windows 7 and I am sure it will bring some headache to the people wondering where their mission are.

Thanks again

Could it be they're going to virtual store as in Vista ? See http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2726

:p LOL, thanks sbsmac...

I always wondered where my damn "ghost" missions were located in my Armed Assault installation. Searched the whole comp. for pbo files with no luck. In the MP lobby, my list was cluttered with all these missions with identical names, really frustrating, no way to remove them.

Now its solved, thanks to you. Too bad I have already switched to ArmAII, wish I had gotten this info a year ago.

NOTE: I think this issue occurs when you install ArmA/ArmAII where Vista or 7 wants you to do it (Program Files). Creating a new folder called "myBISgames", and installing it there solved it for me with ArmAII.

Cheers,

Laggy

I did even know one could produce a .pbo via the Editor. I've alwasy just taken the folder and used cpbo. I learned something new.