Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

The longest word in recorded human history is...

Methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucylphenylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysy

lglutamylarginyllysyglutamylgycylalanylphenylalanylvalylprolylphenylalanylvalylthreonylleu

cylglycylaspartylprolylglycyllisoleucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucyllysylisoleucylaspartyl

threonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspartylalanylleucylglutamylleucylglycyli

soleucylprolylphenylalanylserylaspartylprolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolylthreonylisole

ucylglutaminylasparaginylalanylthreonylleucylarginylalanylphenylalanylalanylalanylglycylva

lylthreonylprolylalanylglutaminylcysteinylphenylalanylglutamylmethionylleucylalanylleucyli

soleucylarginylglutaminyllysylhistidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolylisoleucylglycylleucylle

ucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylphenylalanylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleucy

laspartylglutamylphenylalanyltyrosylalanylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalylglycylvalyl

aspartylsrylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvalylprolylvalylglutaminylglutamylserylalanylpro

lylphenylalanylarginylglutaminylalanylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginylvalylalanylpro

lylisoleucylphenylalanylisoleucylcysteinylprolylprolylaspartylalanylaspartylaspartylaspart

ylleucylleucylarginylglutaminylisoleucylalanylseryltyrosylglycylarginylglycyltyrosylthreon

yltyrosylleucylleucylserylarginylalanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparaginyla

rginylalanylalanylleucylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasparaginylalanylalanylprolylprolylleucy

lglutaminylglycylphenylalanylglysylisoleucylserylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysyla

lanylalanylisoleucylaspartylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycylalanylisoleucylserylglycylseryla

lanylisoleucylvalyllysylisoleucylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhistidylasparaginylisoleucylgl

utamylprolylglutamyllysylmethionylleucylalanylalanylleucyllysylvalylphenylalanylvalylgluta

minylprolylmethionyllysylalanylalanylthreonylarginylserine

smile.gif

Chemistry sux

I prefer Biology I only suck a lil bit at that.

Acetylcholinesterase baby!!

If my knowledge of chemistry serves me right, the meaning of this is that Ex-Ronin has taken one too many hits of LSD biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 20 2002,03:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If my knowledge of chemistry serves me right, the meaning of this is that Ex-Ronin has taken one too many hits of LSD  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The longest official word ever (1,913 letters) is the term for the formula C1289H2051N343O375S8

LSD my arse. I win, u lose tounge.gif

But there's only 100 tiles in a scrabble set...at @ $9.98 US for a standard edition scrabble set, it would cost $1,916.16 (192 sets) to put this word on the boards (9 boards at 225 squares apiece, leaving you with 183 spare boards and 87 spare tiles).

Too expensive for me.  tounge.gif

BTW I know my logic and figures are up to shit, but what the hey.

The word there is an extremely stupid way of writing the sequence of a protein. And I'm pretty sure that it would be a much bigger word, if somebody bothered writing down the human genome DNA sequence in such a manner... So actually what you have there is probably the longest word some moron has bothered to write down.  smile.gif

Q. What is the longest word in the dictionary?

A. It depends...

It might be 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' (which appears in the Oxford English Dictionary), unless you want to count names of diseases (such as 'pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis', defined by the OED as "a factitious word alleged to mean 'a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust' but occurring chiefly as an instance of a very long word"), places (such as 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch', a village in Wales; see the Web site, which has an audio pronunciation of the word), chemical compounds (apparently there is one that is 1,913 letters long), and also a few words found only in Joyce's Finnegans Wake.

(Source: Dictionary.com)

This is the longest word in Finnish language:

'kumarreksituteskenteleentuvaisehkollaismaisekkuudellisenneskenteluttelemattomammuuksiss

ansakkaankopahan'.

And you're finnish wow.gifwow.gif

Maybe Damage Inc knows what it means.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAGE, here boy here boy

whistles

what does it meeeean

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 20 2002,08:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">chemical compounds (apparently there is one that is 1,913 letters long),<span id='postcolor'>

Which I found wink.gifsmile.gif

I have no idea what that means confused.gif I don't think it's even a real word.

The longest word in the English language would be easy to make by combining words, for example:

catpotatoforumspamhamsterhorsedogcucumbergerbil etc.

But this supposedly longest word is constructed as follows:

We have a different compounds (amino acids) that are called serine, alanine, arginine, threonine. If you have a compound which has alanine and serine linked together it is named alanylserine. A compound having arginine, alanine and threonine connected would be arginylalanylthreonine. And so forth.

So that supposedly longest word is just the name for a molecule consisting of n number of different amino acids. But it is entirely chemically possible to have a molecule with n+20 or n+100 amino acids combined, so the name of those molecules would be longer than the name of the molecule mentioned here. Thus there is actually no longest word, just as you can't say that some number is the biggest number there is.

So there. biggrin.gif

The longest danish word is

"speciallćgepraksisplanlćgningsstabiliseringsperiode",

or so they claim at some website...

It cannot compare to the longest finnish word I guess sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 20 2002,14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But this supposedly longest word is constructed as follows:

We have a different compounds (amino acids) that are called serine, alanine, arginine, threonine. If you have a compound which has alanine and serine linked together it is named alanylserine. A compound having arginine, alanine and threonine connected would be arginylalanylthreonine. And so forth.

So there.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But that is of course rubbish to list a genetical code (DNS) in Amino-acids, the logical way of course is the old code of Nukleotids (U,C,A,G) like we learned it at school. Of course to describe the code of a protein you could list up the amino-acids, but then again you could simply call the protein by its name.

It would be like calling a 'library': "take-the-first-left-drive straight-on,-after-the-bridge-turn-left,-ignore-the-first traffic-light-then-at-the-Hotel-Plaza-turn-right-again,-take the-first-cross-road-and-turn-right......

Or like calling a house: "put-brick-put-mortar,-then-put-brick-then-put-mortar-again-put-brick-put-mortar,-the

n-put-brick-then-put-mortar-again-put-brick-put-mortar,-then-put-brick-then-put-mortar-aga

in-put-brick-put-mortar,-then-put-brick-then-put-mortar-again-put-brick-put-mortar,-then-p

ut-brick-then-put-mortar-again-put-brick-put-mortar,-then-put-brick-then-put-mortar-again-

put-brick-put-mortar,-then-put-brick-then-put-mortar-again-put-brick-put-mortar,-then-put-

brick-then-put-mortar-again-put-brick-put-mortar,-then-put-brick-then-put-mortar-again-...

i bet german ahs a longer word lol

they combine words like "Fire insurance Company" would be "Fireinsuranceompany"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Mar. 20 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But that is of course rubbish to list a genetical code (DNS) in Amino-acids, the logical way of course is the old code of Nukleotids (U,C,A,G) like we learned it at school. Of course to describe the code of a protein you could list up the amino-acids, but then again you could simply call the protein by its name.<span id='postcolor'>

Nobody of course lists protein sequences like that. They list them using the one letter codes for different amino acids. But there exists a convention on naming chemical compounds and serinylalanine etc. style naming is how you would do it according to the convention.

Nucleotide initials T,C,A,G come from thymine, cytocine, adenine and guanine. And DNA is just a string of these four different nucleic acids. So in theory you could name the whole human genome like this, if you wanted to do it by the convention: thyminidylthyminidyladeninylcytocinyl.... etc. to make quite a word.

All of this is of course completely irrelevant... Wait! Does that make this spam? wink.gif

the longest actual word you can read backwards and forwards and stil have the same meaning in it is finnish

Saippuakivikauppias /saippuakivikauppiaS

Soapstonesalesman /namselasenotspoaS

Thats called a Palindrome

Selmas rřde garagedřr samles

is a very useful danish sentence that share this ability