Sign in to follow this  
Fintroll

I am the commander, where is the team work?

Greetings

Is there a server where people actually use voice chat, or even text communication? I have been playing crCTI alot and i really enjoy it ALOT! The only problem is that there is no team work, people just steal others stuff and go around zerging the villages without any plans.

If i happen to be the commander, i like to micro manage each player. I ask what they would wish to do and what sort of equipment they are considering and what sort of experties or experience they have, based on this i would send them funds and give them right mission, but NO these guys dont listen.

1. I give them 20k for a chopper and tell them to guard the coast line, and these idiots fly straight in to the enemy base where they get instantly shot down. I told this guy to be in the coast because i had made sure there was no antiair in the area, and refuel + support base was near in the island that i had setup. I clearly explaned this to the pilot.

2. In other case, i tell the player to give me 7k money from his 30k stack to fund other player that is new and needs a tank to patrol stary sobor, the player refuses and tells me that he earned the money and plans to save it for a jet if the current one gets blown. I try to explane to him that this is a team game and i need to funds for this other player, and im the commander so give me the fucking money.

This player was a good pilot, but not a team player. This made me mad and i really got pissed. I didnt kick him out, maybe i should have.

3. Also, sometimes (tho rarely) there is a team killer that blows up our base, tho this is very rare, but very annoying if you have been playing the same mission for 5 hours.

I have only been in 3 games, where people planned everything and it was the greatest gameing experience in my whole life, even when i was commanded to put mines around a village and it was bit tendious. Tho, it payed of when the enemy arrived 30 mins later.

In one game our team was a dream team, 1 player was very experienced and was our commander, it was 5 vs 12 and we won being only team of 5 with a good team work and excellent commander.

So my conclusion is i need to rent a locked server and find people to play in it that like team work and plan their attacks. This is a game that rewards patience, not rushing and most people dont get it.

Anyone have any info on good server, maybe a clan or something i could join so i dont have to rent a server cause im bit sort on money. I just got laid of from my work because the company was not doing well, so i need to be careful with my money.

Any ideas, suggestions or own experiences`?

Fintroll

Edited by Fintroll
Typos

Greetings

Fintroll

Try some proper COOP missions maybe? CTI and clones just promote solo rambo gameplay above teambased action.

The WBG server tends to use teamspeak while playing :) When theres enough of us on, we split coms in to fire teams, with each squad leader using channel commander to keep in touch with the other squads. We might end up doing this at least once a week.

We have a public Dom server, and a private missions server (get on ts to gain access)

http://www.world-gamers.co.uk/portal/index.php?&

Well on public server its normal.

I suggest you join a clan with experienced players or ex armed forces and all communicate on ventrillo or teamspeak.

Its more fun playing as a team and you have nice epic moments :- )

Since you're finnish, LDDK servers might interest you. I don't know about others, but atleast I've had some good time in LDDK server.

Try www.tacticalgamer.com and if the regs are on, they all use voice and teamwork and have a pretty good player base though I think they are using TS for comms (arma2 buggy at mo?). You'll need to register to use the TS server.

i was commander last night in a Warfare, i built the entire base , i even built up anti aircraft/armor pods, i even had the AI fucking man them. the entire team minus like 3-4 people were idiots and had no clue how to play so they start blowing each other up,i ended up just building 4-5 artillery cannons and launching them on our base & disconnecting; I was so pissed. I was killed/ran over in the commander screen 6 times by different team mates... so understand my anger :D

Its just a video game.

Touche. That would suck though. Sounds like a bunch of winners. :D

There are servers like this but they're very rare. I was actually on one last night and had an amazing time, one guy was leading us using the microphone, we were organized into a convoy and would go around completing objectives. One person was a dedicated pilot the whole time and would bring more troops and ammo whenever we needed it. They even worked together to save chopper crews who got shot down. The game really shines when this sort of teamwork happens, rather than the usual 30 wanna-be Rambos parachuting into town and doing their own thing.

Edited by randir14

randir14,

This sounds like a good server. Do you remember the server name, web site, etc?

I only play on one server because of this. Most people play the game like BF2 or CoD and just run around aimlessly. The server I play on focuses mainly on coop; but once in a while a few of us get on and play some Domination or FoF; but we still maintain structure. i.e. Fire team leader, squad leaders, and so on. The FTL tells the squads what to do/where to go over TS, and the squad leaders tell their men what to do via Group channel so the comms aren't a cluster-fuck

The game is a waste of money if not played right IMO

The WBG server tends to use teamspeak while playing :) When theres enough of us on, we split coms in to fire teams, with each squad leader using channel commander to keep in touch with the other squads. We might end up doing this at least once a week.

We have a public Dom server, and a private missions server (get on ts to gain access)

http://www.world-gamers.co.uk/portal/index.php?&

I am looking for the type of gameplay the OP is wishing for as well. I just wish that the clan servers used the in game Voice Chat rather than teamspeak. The ingame is very robust, can already be broken down into commander, side, and group/squad level as well as local and vehicle. it's always worked well when I've used it, though only on the "grunt" levels.

The problem with having to use yet another chat program like teamspeak or ventrilo while playing a game that already has it, is that some players like me have buddies playing and already have Ventrilo going to we can bullshit with each other and generally get loud, laugh and have fun while keeping the ingame chat to the essential communications. A third program is just unworkable. I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

Is there something wroing with the ingame Voice that you larger clans don't use it?

I would agree with Tactical Gamer. I used to play with them in ArmA and they were a great server for what you are looking for. Unfortunately I doubt that I can really play MP with my computer right now since I have to play on the lowest of settings and even then small things like smoke and orange trees tend to lag my computer. Chernogorsk runs fine though... unless its on fire, then it lags.

But in conclusion Tactical Gamer was always my choice when I was looking for a good coop game.

I am looking for the type of gameplay the OP is wishing for as well. I just wish that the clan servers used the in game Voice Chat rather than teamspeak. The ingame is very robust, can already be broken down into commander, side, and group/squad level as well as local and vehicle. it's always worked well when I've used it, though only on the "grunt" levels.

The problem with having to use yet another chat program like teamspeak or ventrilo while playing a game that already has it, is that some players like me have buddies playing and already have Ventrilo going to we can bullshit with each other and generally get loud, laugh and have fun while keeping the ingame chat to the essential communications. A third program is just unworkable. I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

Is there something wroing with the ingame Voice that you larger clans don't use it?

from what I know VON seems to cause issues with some servers so they disable it and rely on teamspeak. Some clans do this automatically since the olden days since they've grown accustomed to their TS/Vent setup.

tactical gamer is the place to go, if you don't listen to your squad leader or command you get booted. everyone uses TS as well. only downside is that its mainly co-op... no pvp.

Try some proper COOP missions maybe? CTI and clones just promote solo rambo gameplay above teambased action.

How does having an unthinking opponent promote teamplay? THAT'S INSANE.

In-game voice has been very unreliable in my experience.

play on TG and you will see

TG is Co-op. Co-op is not TG. TG is not PvP. WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?

Ed:If I go to TG, and see them playing tactical co-op, and if I can then get them to play a TvT mission, will their minds regress to drooling imbeciles on mission load?

randir14,

This sounds like a good server. Do you remember the server name, web site, etc?

No, I wish I did. The only thing I remember is one of the helicopter pilots was named Sci. Maybe someone else will recognize this and know the name of the server I was on.

Tactical Gamer does play PvP/TvT missions they just tend to play co-op more.

It's not insane - it's much easier to organize an attack when you're against an AI that doesn't attack or attacks in a predictable manner. Not that you can't do teamwork in PvP, it's just *that* much harder, because slowing down in PvP for whatever reason is not acceptable if you're trying to win.

Greetings

Is there a server where people actually use voice chat, or even text communication? I have been playing crCTI alot and i really enjoy it ALOT! The only problem is that there is no team work, people just steal others stuff and go around zerging the villages without any plans.

If i happen to be the commander, i like to micro manage each player. I ask what they would wish to do and what sort of equipment they are considering and what sort of experties or experience they have, based on this i would send them funds and give them right mission, but NO these guys dont listen.

1. I give them 20k for a chopper and tell them to guard the coast line, and these idiots fly straight in to the enemy base where they get instantly shot down. I told this guy to be in the coast because i had made sure there was no antiair in the area, and refuel + support base was near in the island that i had setup. I clearly explaned this to the pilot.

2. In other case, i tell the player to give me 7k money from his 30k stack to fund other player that is new and needs a tank to patrol stary sobor, the player refuses and tells me that he earned the money and plans to save it for a jet if the current one gets blown. I try to explane to him that this is a team game and i need to funds for this other player, and im the commander so give me the fucking money.

This player was a good pilot, but not a team player. This made me mad and i really got pissed. I didnt kick him out, maybe i should have.

3. Also, sometimes (tho rarely) there is a team killer that blows up our base, tho this is very rare, but very annoying if you have been playing the same mission for 5 hours.

I have only been in 3 games, where people planned everything and it was the greatest gameing experience in my whole life, even when i was commanded to put mines around a village and it was bit tendious. Tho, it payed of when the enemy arrived 30 mins later.

In one game our team was a dream team, 1 player was very experienced and was our commander, it was 5 vs 12 and we won being only team of 5 with a good team work and excellent commander.

So my conclusion is i need to rent a locked server and find people to play in it that like team work and plan their attacks. This is a game that rewards patience, not rushing and most people dont get it.

Anyone have any info on good server, maybe a clan or something i could join so i dont have to rent a server cause im bit sort on money. I just got laid of from my work because the company was not doing well, so i need to be careful with my money.

Fintroll

Have to agree, its damn hard finding a game where you feel like your in a unit/army/squad.

Why do people still use teamspeak instead of in-game VOIP? And when they do, use TS, they can absolutely not answer back in the in-game VOIP...

Why do people still use teamspeak instead of in-game VOIP?

because in game VOIP is still not working properly