Sign in to follow this  
Moosed

Identifying and marking targets in a plane... How ?

Whenever i watch flying videos on youtube such as the one at the bottom of this post i see that people have little green boxes (which surround the enemy target) which appear in their planes hud which makes it easy to see the enemy, but whenever im flying around in the editor and have put down some enemy vechiles to blow up they never appear highlighted on my hud... why is this ? It would make my life a hell of a lot easier...

Here is an example video of what i am talking about

MdcRkIdXLpc

cheers, does that mean that any missiles i fire will automatically lock onto the targets ? i thought you could only lock onto targets do if someone on the ground was using the laser designator to mark the enemy for you ?

yes, you just lock and fire with no effort required and laser designators are for bombs, though you gave a good idea for a mod - to lock only on laser targets with missiles too, so you can't do it just alone with this cheat mode.

Edited by eenter

This was part of the bootcamp training. Since others have told you what to do it's a bit of a moot point, but there's a reason they put bootcamp missions in the game.

Yes you lock on next target within radar range witn the TAB key.

You will see 1 square around your target in the hud.

Than you aim your plane or chopper towards it untill you see a second square around your target.

Than fire.

This only works for target seeking missiles like the hellfire for example.

And this works the same for tank missiles etc. and even tank grenades.

Enjoy ;)

cheers for the info everyone, can't believe how easy it makes things, all this time i have been aiming manually lol.

kinda takes away the challenge !

As a side note laser desginators work for LGBs and Hellfires but Hellfires do not require them they do have the means to lock onto one though.

I don't understand why planes don't have their own lasers as well. I guess that would make laser designators moot but even IRL they sort of are moot most of the time anyway.