Sign in to follow this  
FlipKing25

Program and/or whole computer crashes from 1.3 patch.

Ever since the updated 1.3 patch for ArmA 2 has been downloaded to my computer, I have been having massive crash problems with the program. It's usually just the game that crashes, but sometimes my entire computer crashes. And remember that this has only been happening since I downloaded the 1.3 patch from the Steam client. I can't play for more than an hour without it going down. Plus the computer crashes are probably not very good on it, so if somebody could tell me what to do to fix it, that would be great!!!

Thank you,

FlipKing25

ArmA 2: Pvt Hughes |15th MEU|

What specs do you have?

Check you GPU temps, mine went up ~5C with this patch. It sounds like heating/power issues if your comp shuts down, but who knows...Try removing the case cover, check that fans spin-up etc.

I use EVGA Precision 1.7.1 for measuring, if your have NVIDIA card(s).

Edited by Baxalasse

Well, thanks for this advice that didn't help at all... But is there actually anybody on the forums that helped make the 1.3 patch? Because the pointless hints you guys are trying to give me is nothing. The problem is coming from the PATCH and the PATCH ONLY. None of this s*** happened before they released this game killing update to the community. So a response from somebody who can actually answer my question would be nice.

FlipKing25

Ever since the updated 1.3 patch for ArmA 2 has been downloaded to my computer, I have been having massive crash problems with the program. It's usually just the game that crashes, but sometimes my entire computer crashes. And remember that this has only been happening since I downloaded the 1.3 patch from the Steam client. I can't play for more than an hour without it going down. Plus the computer crashes are probably not very good on it, so if somebody could tell me what to do to fix it, that would be great!!!

Thank you,

FlipKing25

ArmA 2: Pvt Hughes |15th MEU|

At least you can get yours to run for an hour! Mine bsod's within a minute. Am going to reinstall and only upgrade to the 1.02 patch cause 1.03 is unplayable for me.

Because the pointless hints you guys are trying to give me is nothing

Your asking for help and when people try to help you then that is your answer?

Pfff

At least you can get yours to run for an hour! Mine bsod's within a minute. Am going to reinstall and only upgrade to the 1.02 patch cause 1.03 is unplayable for me.

Try without the Super Clocked in your SLI configuration, and memory OC ...

Edited by Baxalasse

Try without the Super Clocked in your SLI configuration, and memory OC ...

Super clocked just means the card has been super clocked by EVGA. There is no setting super clocked per say. The clocks are fixed in the card unless I manually change them with a EVGA precision or some other overclocking utility.

The memory is already under clocked. Its rated to run at 2000MHZ also. Unless you mean run my memory at the i7's stock memory controller speed of 1333mhz?

Super clocked just means the card has been super clocked by EVGA. There is no setting super clocked per say. The clocks are fixed in the card unless I manually change them with a EVGA precision or some other overclocking utility.

The memory is already under clocked. Its rated to run at 2000MHZ also. Unless you mean run my memory at the i7's stock memory controller speed of 1333mhz?

Ok, thought super clocked meant I did it myself very custom-custom.

Do this test. Download Evga Precision, to monitor gpu temps and fps, if you not already done that. Then start arma with -world=empty and monitor the temps and fps just standing in the Arma meny.

I get ~240FPS and my temps start to rice fast. Check how far you get until you BSOD . My limit is ~78C, on both cards, then i get lockups/CTD's. BSOD usually is hardware failure, haven't had those yet. If you dont BSOD in the menu, try set stock memory speed and retry you BSOD scenario.

BIS should really enforce a FPS limiter when in the menu...

Edited by Baxalasse

Ok, thought super clocked meant I did it myself very custom-custom.

Do this test. Download Evga Precision, to monitor gpu temps and fps, if you not already done that. Then start arma with -world=empty and monitor the temps and fps just standing in the Arma meny.

I get ~240FPS and my temps start to rice fast. Check how far you get until you BSOD . My limit is ~78C, on both cards, then i get lockups/CTD's. BSOD usually is hardware failure, haven't had those yet. If you dont BSOD in the menu, try set stock memory speed and retry you BSOD scenario.

BIS should really enforce a FPS limiter when in the menu...

Not sure the cards are overheating cause I have a large case with heaps of fans and the bsods have only started since installing the 1.03 patch. Could play for hours before.

Yea, I am 100% sure that it's not something wrong with my computer, all of the problems came from the 1.3 patch. Telling me to rearrange my setup isn't going to help. The 1.3 patch makers just need to fix the problem, because there is nothing else I can do to fix it myself. And it's not just me this is happening to. It's happening to everyone I talk to.. Which OBVIOUSLY means that it's from the patch, not computer figurations or settings.

I did have the same kind of problem. Changed combatibly mode to -xp sp2 from Vista + disable visual themes + disable desktop composition.

1.02 was working ok, but after 1.03 not untill I changed those.

Puter never freezed but I got several ctd's + crashes.