Sign in to follow this  
lucilk

US Support

What do you think about the script?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the script?

• Very Good, i will use it
    • Good, but it can be done better
    • Not bad, but still needs a lot of work
    • Realy bad, i won't use this

if you can wait until today 2.09 and i will release another version, better and easier to install, ok?

its a big update, just wait a bit

is it possible to take another look at the Helo CAS? I know you changed it so that they spawn at the HQ which is great. However my HQ is several KM from my position and when I request the CAS the dialogue goes and then the helos never reach me but report that their mission is done and are returning to base.

ok but CAS heli is good, the thing is that if you dont have any enemy around you in a 200 x 200 range it will activate mission done, beacuse they will note come if you dont have any enemyes, so this is the problem

What are the enemyes? EAST... Russians

Beacuse if they are something else you need to change condition to that faction

i think i might put one condition for insurgents to if that helps.

ok but CAS heli is good, the thing is that if you dont have any enemy around you in a 200 x 200 range it will activate mission done, beacuse they will note come if you dont have any enemyes, so this is the problem

What are the enemyes? EAST... Russians

Beacuse if they are something else you need to change condition to that faction

i think i might put one condition for insurgents to if that helps.

Oh ok. I think that might be why. The opfor were independents (guerillas) that were friendly to east. I'll poke around the script I guess

look in the lkscripts folder for casheli.sqf

and then at the end ther is a trigger that saids "EAST" not present then bye bye, change that to indep or whatever there name is look in wiki for their name and just change that.

"To use the script copy from editor the US Flag (execute the lkscripts)"

I'm sorry but I have no idea what this means or how to do it. I downloaded and extracted the file, and am looking at a load of folders and files, where do I put them? The only thing I know how to do was to put the mission in a new mission folder in My Documents\Arma 2\Missions.

This is the first Arma 2 script I have downloaded so I don't really know what to do.

very nice , i try the first installation instruction and a works fine but , i can't get paratrups , i can't destroy the base , the choppers are not coming , and the support on the screen last for just 2 uses , then disappear , i put this mod on a domination map .

any sugestions ???

use 1.3 version the last one i fixed most of the bugs

hey this is a top notch mod must congratulate you, however im sure its giving me a lil problemo. ive tested it quite a bit i make a sec op manager and take missions but im pretty sure as ive tried it on the test mission with your mod. but i cant accept any of the missions, i get them navigate to them just when i click on them nothing happens??

dont place another SpecOP module on the map, the script allready does that but u can see it, id allready puts a SecOps module for you so it wont work

i thought as much but is it synchronized to the player because im pretty sure it doesnt give me missions and also whats its name i could synch it and change settings to give missions with the debug tool in gameplay

Hi I'm using the Reinforcements script with the F2 mission template. The problem I am having is with the dialogs:

#include "Dialogs\Common\DialogColorConstants.hpp"
#include "Dialogs\DialogColorScheme.hpp"
#include "Dialogs\Common\DialogControlClasses.hpp"
#include "Dialogs\Respawn_Dialog.hpp"
#include "TVS\Tvs.hpp"

When I try and load the mission I will CTD and get an error message:

"revive_sqf\dialogs\config.cpp, line 75: .CfgSounds: Member already defined.",

"Dialogs\Respawn_Dialog.hpp, line 0: .SPWN_Button: Undefined base class 'RscShortcutButton'",

"Dialogs\Common\DialogControlClasses.hpp, line 44: .RscText: Member already defined."

one for each dialog.

If I comment out these dialogs in the description.ext the mission will load up but I get errors like "Resource SPWN_RespawnDialog not found" when I try to Deploy a base.

It may be something simple but I'm not to clued up with Dialog and hpp stuff.

I will mess around with it see if I can sort out the problem if I succeed I'll post here.

Edited by G-Man-853

@lucilk

I like the menus that you have created. I made some changes to your scripts:

For the paratrooper script:

wp1 setwaypointspeed "limited";
wp1 setWaypointStatements ["true", "[bpara5,b5c130] execvm ""lkscripts\eject.sqf"""];

-added a waypoint speed the C130 is flying way too fast.

-added the sqf version of the eject.sqf posted below.

eject.sqf

if (isServer) then {
_group =  _this select 0;
_vehicle = _this select 1;

sleep 2;

{
unassignvehicle _x;
_x action ["EJECT", _vehicle];
sleep .8
} foreach units _group;
};

For the HeloCAS:

doneheli.sqf

deleteVehicle helitr1;
deleteVehicle helitr2;

sleep 60;

{deleteVehicle _X} forEach (crew heli1)+[heli1];
{deleteVehicle _X} forEach (crew heli2)+[heli2];

I shortened your deletevehicle commands and added sleep at the beginning so the destroyed helicopter burns on the ground for a while rather than being immediately deleted.

casheli.sqf

helicas3 setTriggerStatements ["!(alive HeliPilot1) && !(alive Heli2Pilot1)", "Papabear SideChat ""Wing one has been destroyed""; player exec ""lkscripts\doneheli.sqf""" , ""];

There are two errors in the above script I made the changes below. When both pilots die and it goes to the doneheli.sqf it immediately deletes the helicopters and the casheli script is immediately available again. Also the sidechat does not work with papabear.

Papabear=[West,"HQ"];
helicas3 setTriggerStatements ["!(alive HeliPilot1) && !(alive Heli2Pilot1)", "Papabear SideChat ""Wing one has been destroyed""; [] execvm ""lkscripts\doneheli.sqf""" , ""];

There was a couple other things I changed I will post them later today, you would have to change the other settriggerstatements like the one directly above.

I have also modified the script and added all of the different SOM support requests under the menu individually. Let me know if you are interested and I can post them or send them to you.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

@G-Man-853

When you did your description.ext file from the support scripts and the F2 scripts did you copy everything into a new notepad and then save it as description.ext?

Edited by cobra4v320

@G-Man-853

When you did your description.ext file from the support scripts and the F2 scripts did you copy everything into a new notepad and then save it as description.ext?

I copied from #include "Dialogs\Common\DialogColorConstants.hpp" to the end and pasted it to the F2 description. Here is what my description.ext looks like:

// ============================================================================================

// F2 - Mission Header
// Credits: Please see the F2 online manual (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/)

class Header
{
gameType = Coop;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 13;
};

// ============================================================================================

// F2 - Respawn Settings
// Credits: Please see the F2 online manual (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/)

respawn = 1;
respawndelay = 3;

// F2 - Mission Conditions Selector

titleParam1 = $STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Title; 
valuesParam1[] = {21,22,24,25,26,27,29,30,1,2,4,5,31,32,34,35,36,37,39,40,6,7,9,10,11,12,14,15,16,17,19,20,99};
defValueParam1 = 1; 
textsParam1[] = {$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option21,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option22,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option24,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option25,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option26,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option27,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option29,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option30,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option01,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option02,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option04,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option05,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option31,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option32,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option34,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option35,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option36,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option37,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option39,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option40,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option06,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option07,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option09,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option10,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option11,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option12,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option14,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option15,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option16,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option17,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option19,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option20,$STR_f_ConditionsSelector_Option99};

// F2 - Kegetys Spectator Script

#include "f\common\f_spect\spectating.hpp"

// F2 - AI Skill Selector (coop)

// titleParam2 = $STR_f_AISkillSelector_Title; 
// valuesParam2[] = {6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,16,17,18,19,21,22,23,24,99};
// defValueParam2 = 6; 
// textsParam2[] = {$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option06,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option07,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option08,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option09,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option11,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option12,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option13,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option14,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option16,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option17,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option18,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option19,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option21,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option22,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option23,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option24,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option25};

// F2 - AI Skill Selector (A&D)

// titleParam2 = $STR_f_AISkillSelector_Title_AD; 
// valuesParam2[] = {6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,16,17,18,19,21,22,23,24,99};
// defValueParam2 = 6; 
// textsParam2[] = {$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option06,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option07,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option08,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option09,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option11,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option12,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option13,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option14,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option16,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option17,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option18,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option19,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option21,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option22,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option23,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option24,$STR_f_AISkillSelector_Option25};

// F2 - Gear Snippets

// #include "f\common\f_gearSnippets.hpp"

#include "TVS\Tvs.hpp"

// Tomahawk sounds
class CfgSounds
{
// List of sounds (.ogg files without the .ogg extension)
sounds[] = {Explo_Large, incoming, Rocket_Away};

// Definition for each sound
class Explo_Large
{
	name = "Explo_Large"; // Name for mission editor
	sound[] = {\sound\Explo_Large.ogg, db + 0, 1.0};
	titles[] = {0, ""};
};
class incoming
{
	name = "incoming"; // Name for mission editor
	sound[] = {\sound\incoming.ogg, db + 0, 1.0};
	titles[] = {0, ""};
};
class Rocket_Away
{
	name = "Rocket_Away"; // Name for mission editor
	sound[] = {\sound\Rocket_Away.ogg, db + 0, 1.0};
	titles[] = {0, ""};
};

};

// description.ext settings for revive
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//respawn = "BASE";
//respawndelay = 4;
//disabledAI = 0;

//#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\config.cpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\define.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\rev_cam_dialog.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_1.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_2.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_3.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_4.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_1b.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_1c.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_2b.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_3b.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_4b.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_1map.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_2map.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_3map.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\respawn_button_4map.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\OK_map.hpp"
#include "revive_sqf\dialogs\dead_cam_dialog.hpp"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//titleParam1 = "Time";
//valuesParam1[] = {-6, 0, 8, 13};
//defValueParam1 = 0;
//textsParam1[] = {"Morning", "Clear day", "Sundown", "Night"};
titleParam2 = "Number of Revives:"; 
valuesParam2[] = {2000,1000,20,10,7,5};
defValueParam2 = 7; 
textsParam2[] = {"No Revive","Infinite - Cadet","20 - Easy ","10 - Normal","7  - Hard","5  - Extreme"};

I am also using Norrins revive script but I had the same problem before I added it.

Also does anyone know if it is possible to have this in MP so it is role specific? e.g. Platoon commander is the only one with the support menu in his action menu and if he dies the next in command will take over and get the option.

Edited by G-Man-853

use 1.3 version the last one i fixed most of the bugs

???? where ????

I changed this also, I did not like how the helicopters after 60 seconds would disappear in thin air, so I added a move script which is posted below.

helicas = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector",getPos player]; 
helicas setTriggerArea [500, 500, 0, false];
helicas setTriggerActivation ["EAST", "NOT PRESENT", false];
helicas setTriggerTimeout [60, 60, 60, false ];
helicas setTriggerStatements ["this", "HeliPilot1 sideChat ""Wing One: our mission is done here, returning back to base, OVER""; [] execVM ""lkscripts\support-req\moveheli.sqf""" , ""];

moveheli.sqf

wpm2 = GroupCAS1 addwaypoint [position player, 2000];
wpm2 setwaypointtype "MOVE";
wpm2 setWaypointSpeed "full";
wpm2 setWaypointStatements ["true", "[] execvm ""lkscripts\support-req\doneheli.sqf"""];

sleep 300;

hint "Cobra Gunship CAS is available again!";

heli = true;

publicVariable "heli";

Edited by cobra4v320

i thought as much but is it synchronized to the player because im pretty sure it doesnt give me missions and also whats its name i could synch it and change settings to give missions with the debug tool in gameplay

last time ill bother you honest, but anyword on getting it to work with sec ops

thanks cobra4v320 i am happy you got my point ;)

@JonieTurnock yes so you want this script but you also want the Sec Ops to work ok?

well i will make a version for you and send it trough pm later, ok?

there you go Download Link for US support with SecOps

hope is good

Edited by lucilk

Did I mention I like your scripts?:p They have definitely taught me somethings I did not know how to do before.

Posted below is my version of your paratrooper script, I have changed names around and changed the C130 to a MV22. I didnt like how you had the airborne infantry setup where they would delete if there were no East units present, so I used the "{alive _x} count units Airborne == 0" command. If all of the airborne units are dead then the script will end, then 5 minutes later you can recall the paratrooper script. Im using this on Utes so I have created a start marker at the LHD, simulating support coming from the LHD rather than random spawn.

[] execvm "Supportscripts\Menu\Close_Menu.sqf";

para = false;

publicVariable "para";

player sideChat "Crossroad we need infantry support at my location ASAP, Over";

sleep 3;

[west, "HQ"] sideChat "Roger that, Airborne Infantry units are enroute to your location, over.";

sleep 2;

player sidechat "Roger, Out";

sleep 10;
GroupLift = CreateGroup West;
PC130 = createVehicle ["MV22", getmarkerpos "start", [], 0, "FLY"];
pilotMV22 = GroupLift createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", [0,0,1], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
pilotMV22 moveInDriver PC130;
PC130 flyinheight 200;

sleep 1;

Airborne = [getmarkerPos "start", side player, (configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "USMC" >> "Infantry" >> "USMC_InfSquad")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

{_x MoveInCargo PC130} ForEach Units Airborne;

{_x allowdamage false} forEach units Airborne;

sleep 1;

wp1 = GroupLift addwaypoint [position support, 0];
wp1 setwaypointtype "MOVE";
wp1 setWaypointSpeed "limited";
wp1 setWaypointStatements ["true", "[Airborne,PC130] execvm ""Supportscripts\Para_Req\eject.sqf"""];

wp2 = GroupLift addwaypoint [getmarkerpos "start", 0];
wp2 setwaypointtype "MOVE";
wp2 setWaypointSpeed "full";
wp2 setWaypointStatements ["true", "{deleteVehicle _X} forEach (crew PC130)+[PC130]"];

sleep 140;

{_x allowdamage true} forEach units Airborne;

wpab1 = Airborne addwaypoint [position player, 50];
wpab1 setwaypointtype "SAD";
wpab1 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

para1 = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos player]; 
para1 setTriggerArea [0, 0, 0, false];
para1 setTriggerActivation ["NONE", "NOT PRESENT", false];
para1 setTriggerStatements ["{alive _x} count units Airborne == 0", "[] execvm ""Supportscripts\Para_Req\paradone.sqf""" , ""];

paradone.sqf

deletevehicle para;
deletevehicle para2;
{deleteVehicle _x} forEach units Airborne;

sleep 60;

hint "Airborne Infantry Support is available again!";

para = true;
publicVariable "para";

Edited by cobra4v320

thanks cobra4v320 i am happy you got my point ;)

@JonieTurnock yes so you want this script but you also want the Sec Ops to work ok?

well i will make a version for you and send it trough pm later, ok?

there you go Download Link for US support with SecOps

hope is good

Lucilk,

That link for the SecOps version doesn't work. Just a heads up... unless it's just me. ;)

Hi I'm using the Reinforcements script with the F2 mission template. The problem I am having is with the dialogs:

#include "TVS\Tvs.hpp"

When I try and load the mission I will CTD and get an error message:

"revive_sqf\dialogs\config.cpp, line 75: .CfgSounds: Member already defined.",

"Dialogs\Respawn_Dialog.hpp, line 0: .SPWN_Button: Undefined base class 'RscShortcutButton'",

"Dialogs\Common\DialogControlClasses.hpp, line 44: .RscText: Member already defined."

one for each dialog.

If I comment out these dialogs in the description.ext the mission will load up but I get errors like "Resource SPWN_RespawnDialog not found" when I try to Deploy a base.

It may be something simple but I'm not to clued up with Dialog and hpp stuff.

I will mess around with it see if I can sort out the problem if I succeed I'll post here.

I have this problem too and i disingage the included files on the description.ext and it is playable , missing something sometimes LOL . Any idea anybody ??

no SecOps Link is working.... at least at my pc

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

@cobra4v320 - :D yes i know your line is better but i did it with what i knew back then... i will definitely use that line in the next release, thx a lot for the "us support" ;)

@Manzilla - the link is ok..., i checked it 2 times, give it another try

@massi64 - i think your problem is that you use my script with the revive script, something is wrong with the 2 dialogs, anyway until we can find a way to fix this i see that you have the "#include "TVS\Tvs.hpp" line in there i know that i removed that in version 1.4 it was for the TVS script but i wont use it anymore... so remove that

1. i was wondering how is this script working in MP, is it ok?

I can't test, but is my publicvariables working ok? did u find any bugs?

2. did u guys cheked the Command post Upgrade from FOB 1 (Lav HQ) and all the "FOB 1 Menu", i mean is that ok?, if someone deploys the command post they can send and dissmis reinforcemnts like a commander..., give it a try tell me what you think.

Thanks all for support, and we can make this script better to fit our needs.

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

3. can anyone help me make this hole script pack in to an Addon, i think it would be better, and easier to install and use, i really could use some help on this one