Sign in to follow this  
lucilk

US Support

What do you think about the script?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the script?

• Very Good, i will use it
    • Good, but it can be done better
    • Not bad, but still needs a lot of work
    • Realy bad, i won't use this

Reinforcements Script

by lucilk

This is a script package that it will give you diferent options of reinforcements in game.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC9bCjf8AY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC9bCjf8AY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Images

Instructions:

This is a script package that it will give you diferent options of reinforcements in game.

Instructions:

1. To use the script copy from editor the US Flag (this will execute the scripts and position the HQ)

2. Copy the lkscripts folder

3. Copy the -------US Support---- content from the following files:

briefing.sqf - it contains the briefing AND a important line for adding the menu back after you die

Description.ext - it contains the CfgSounds for tomahawk

init.sqf - it will initialize the briefing and the support menu

Or

For Newbies Read this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1443367&postcount=88

Then go in game and request any support from the |Support Menu|

Features:

1. Armor - this will spawn 3 M1A2 Tusk tanks near your location

and they will move on your location providing support. After all enemies in your area (200x200 area player positon) are destroyed they will be deleted and you can request them again.

2. Helicopter - this will spawn 2 AH1Z helicopters in the air at HQ location and they will search and destroy in your area (200x200 area player positon), after support is complete they will be deleted and you can call them back again.

3. Infantry - by calling this support, a infantry squad with 5 members will spawn near your location and they will clear out the area and then JOIN your squad under your command. After all support members are dead you can call them back again.

4. LAV HQ - when you call in this support, a LAV HQ will move on your location and you can deploy a FIREBASE. Wait for the LAV to get to you and then activate the command Deploy Base.

a. After you deploy your base you can build defences and buildings.

b. After you deploy the FireBase 1 form Lav HQ you will have to option to buy units form it:

- 1 infantry squad

- 1 tank

- 1 A1HZ

- 1 Predator Vehicle - wich you can deploy a Predator Camp and contrlol the UAV with long range rockets.

c. FOB UPGRADES

- if you build a Command Post you take control as a Commander of 4 types of units (from the laptop that its spawned in the right side of the deployed HQ)

- after the troops are done/destroyed you can dismiss them from the same panel and reuse them again if u need them.

- you can upgrade the FOB 1 with Tomahawk launch base.

5. MV-22 HQ - this support is the same like LAV HQ only instead of a LAv coming it will be a MV-22 Helicopter. He will land on the player position and you can deploy the firebase.

6. Firebase construction - once the lav hq or mv22 hq will arive you can deploy a firebase at the location requested. At thew Firebase you can buy additional units (inf, tank, helicopter)

7. SOM Support - Request SOM Support from the menu and then call them from the Communication Radio (press 0-8)..

- Artillery Barage

- Transport Helicopter

- Supply Drop

- UAV

- CAS

8. Paratroopers - a C130J will be spawned with a 20 members squad that will paradrop at your location. After all members are dead you can call them back.

9. Tomahawk - if you have upgraded the FOB 1, and built a Tomahawk Launch Base, then you can ask for tomahawk fire mission.

- there are 2 types of missiles: 1=normal, 2=huge

Note:

- If LAV/MV-22 HQ vehicle gets destroyed on his way to you request is available again.

- You can destroy the Firebase and have it available again.(just stay close to HQ and activate action Destroy FOB)

- if you call this support and you leave the area (200x200) while he gets to you, the vehicle will be deleted and support is available again.

- there will be 2 respawn positons respawn_west_1 and respawn_west_2, these will move where the FireBases are created, so if you build a Firebase 1 near Stary Sober then respawn_west_1 will move to that position.

=================== IMPORTANT !========================

* Make sure you dont have any respawn_west_1 and respawn_west_2 markers on the map because the Firebases will move those on FOB`s location.

======================================================

US Support v1.5 - Download link

US Support v1.5 Armaholic

Assault Mission Studio - US Support Script v1.5

Report any bugs you find.

Credits:

Saying Thank You to:

- Kavlarakos - Tomahawk Script

- Big_Daddy - UAV Script

- cobra4v320 - Debugging scripts

- Dr_Eyeball - Respawn Dialog

- Kronzky - UPS Script

- Big (Armaholic.com) - Updates

Changelog

1.5 Changelog:

- fixed a typo in delfob2.sqf

- added new menu for FOB 1

- Command Post now has a addaction menu for spawning 4 types of units

- fixed adding Support Menu back after player dies

- added "Abort FOB 1" action when calling LAV HQ.

- changed FOB patrol Squad waypoint from Sentry to Guard

1.4 Changelog:

- download link was not updated

- changed some statments in paratropers script

- changed eject.sqs to .sqf

- fixed minor bugs

1.3 Changelog:

- orginesed script files in 1 folder

- easier to install and use

- added *Command Post* upgrade

- fixed Buy infantry bug

- fixed Request Armor bug

1.2 Changelog:

- the tomahawk base is now created with the FOB 1 and you can ask for Tomahawk missile from anywhere

- if the Launch base is destroyed you have to destroy and deploy the FOB 1 again.

- only FOB 1 hase Predator and Tomahawk Launch Base

1.05 ChangeLog:

- fixed addaction for player

- new menu

- respawn menu for players to choose where to spawn

- added "Predator" - its a vehicle that you buy and you can deploy a predator camp (Launch a Predator with Hellfire missiles and control it from a laptop)

- new Tomahawk system with launch base deployement for Tomahawk missiles

- added publicavariable all over the scripts

- fixed minor bugs

- changed Heli CAS spawn at Flag (HQ Marker)

Edited by Foxhound
1.5 ChangeLog + working 1.5 mirror

Good stuff. I like this a lot. Thanks!

A link would be helpful though ;)

EDIT:

I forgot to mention this before but a paratrooper support option would be a nice addition. I guess it's more of an assault option then a support but it may be a good fight.

Edited by Manzilla

Good stuff. I like this a lot. Thanks!

A link would be helpful though ;)

EDIT:

I forgot to mention this before but a paratrooper support option would be a nice addition. I guess it's more of an assault option then a support but it may be a good fight.

yes i tought about that and it will done later, and for the name .... i realy am not that creative i just put what i have in mind, dont know if it realy fit to the script, if you use it and like it i dont see any problem.

I need some feedback tough. thanks

I'd suggest moving the radio triggers to the bottom of the radio list (Juliet and up instead of Alpha and down) if not turning this into a Communications or addAction menu system which might be preferable. Claiming the most common Radio actions seems a little invasive.

Otherwise, great suite of scripts! :)

I have made some changes to my scripts:

Changelog v1.02:

- added Paratroopers

- added Tomahawk missiles

- you can call the script form a action menu now (no radio)

- made the script work again after respawn

- fixed a lot of conditions and small bugs

TO do:

- add "Respawn menu" for player to choose from where he wants to spawn.

lucilk, very good but.. how to use? im so clueless thanks. im in editor with a mission im making up now, thanks!

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Where do I actually put the folder (in my mission folder?)

please help, no instructions that actually tell you what to do either, they just assume you know.

im in editor right now. where i put the folder US-Support.Chernarus with everything in, in? thanks..

the problem is ... that i dont know how it will work with more than 1 player i

mean in multiplayer, i havent tested yet, so if anyone can help me out to

test it and then make it MP compatible this will be great.

I just talked to Norrin (from Revive Script) to implement the Respawn menu in

my script so that when players die they can choose the respawn point they

want, for example: Respawn West- main base or the 2 FOB`s.

report any bugs pls to make this script better.

Hey,

Have been playing with this by moving into a mission to mess about with. In multiplayer if myself or anyone else who is playing dies, the construction option dissapears, and if you destroy FOB and get another base it is still gone. I think it's to do with the synchronisation? I'm not sure but that's what i've found.

ok i have made a lot of changes to the script, made it better and complex, i am going to update it soon, as for this problem thx for feedback and i will fix it.

Thx again i will release another version with a respawn menu and .. some other things

Edited by lucilk

hey this script pack is great. however is there anyway to make the CAS spawn at the HQ rather than in the air near you? it seems very unrealistic asking for CAS and having cobras magically appear in the air. it would be neat if you had to wait for them to travel to you.

if anyone knows a way to do this, that'd be great!

:D ok so you are the second guy ho asked this, and yes ok i can make the heli spawn at the HQ and come to you :D 2 min and i will release the new version.

hold on fixing now guys , 2 seconds

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

NOW its working give it a try and give me some feedback after, thats all i ask

Very nice update of your addon Lucilk, I was positively surprised by the mobile predator humvee. Also the integration of the objectmapper script for the fob's is very usefull. Thank you for sharing your progressive work.

well , you know i put like 600 AI -EAST Side and use the UPS script to patrol half of the map and on my side :D just me.... and my script and yes i can destroy all of them in 1 h ... or 2.

Its a script not even an addon, i am not that good, i did this beacuse i wanted to do it since arma 2 came out and i saw the editor, i havent played any arma version before so its kinda hard to do stuff.

The thing is that i want to to it better and simpler to use, but i need you guys to play it and tell me what you think, i started to like to share what i do, maibe that what a moder does....

Have fun! :coop: :yay::yay:

Great pack of scripts, my only suggestion for improvement so far, is to make the Tomahawk available as a support so you don't have to launch them physically (ie standing in front of the laptop to activate a missile). So basically make it like any other SOM support, but you still have to build a firebase in order to get that kind of support.

it was like that before, it was in the support menu, i can release a version with Tomahawk in the Menu to, thx

i have updated the script to 1.2.

check the Changelog

Keep providing suggestions.

im sorry but how do i install this mod...it sounds very fun and i would really like to try it but i dont see any installation instructions anywhere..i get all this weird folders with weird names but i dont know how to use them,any guide would be greatly appreciated..thanks

lucilk this is absolutely brilliant. I am using this for a coop mission that I am currently working on. It has all the stuff I wanted to have in my mission plus more. It works fine for me on single player I will test it on multi player and post my results and solutions if any.

Don't shoot me if this is a silly question but would it work if you assigned the scripts to a unit name and instead of player? Also when you request support would it be possible click on the map where you want it rather than the support comes to the area that you are in. This would be handy as in my mission the commander will be operating from the fire base most of the time.

Good job

Edited by G-Man-853

well .. you see some of you want it with spawn next to them some with map click i will make it as only 1 commander can send the units on map click and players can ask it from everywhere.

or maibe 2 versions...

as for the instalation, yes i noticed that is a bit complicated and i will make it simple to install today:

take a look at the first page at

Instructions:
1. To use the script copy from editor the US Flag (execute the lkscripts) 
2. the following files and folders
Sound - sounds folder for tomahawk
briefing.sqf - it contains the briefing AND a important line for adding the menu back after you die

TO DO:

- organise all scripts in 1 folder
- fix "buy infantry" bug
- change Tomahawk launch base position

wish me luck :yay:

Instructions:

1. To use the script copy from editor the US Flag (execute the lkscripts)

2. the following files and folders

lkscripts - scripts folder

Dialogs - dialog folder

Scripts - dialog scripts

Sound - sounds folder for tomahawk

And thats all.

Note: dont copy the mision.sqm to your mission folder (i gues you know that)

when you say the us flag where is it? and in my arma 2 program files there isnt a dialog folder...or do i copy everything into the scripts folder? im really sorry i dont really know these kinds of things...