Sign in to follow this  
p75

Defrag. softw. Diskeeper 2009 Pro does the trick - removes the stuttering completely

I use Defraggler... it's freeware from Piriform,the makers of CCleaner.

having the stutter problem as well but did have CBA loaded. Will try again without it tonight. Also am getting an error in MP. Says

no entry bin/config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_West.sidetoggle. I have two machines that do the same thing and were loaded from Steam

same here VistaUltimate64 | nvidia 190.38.

Works fine on another pc with xp64

I ran diskeeper 2009 last night and "knock on wood" I played for 3 hours with no stuttering last night.

For those using CBA and suffering the periodic stuttering or stuttering when other players joined, please get the latest CBA v0.1.3

Anyone have some settings i should use in diskeeper 2009/UltimateDefrag/PerfectDisk for ArmA2?

EDIT: What's the best defrag for Windows Vista?

Edited by MJK-Ranger

Thanks Sickboy I'll give this a shot as the stuttering is quite annoying. Other people on the server noticed the same issue but were not running CBA.

I'll let you know how this works out.

Two threads aren't required, please don't cross post, no matter how helpful you're trying to be :)

Anyone have some settings i should use in diskeeper 2009/UltimateDefrag/PerfectDisk for ArmA2?

EDIT: What's the best defrag for Windows Vista?

For Ultimate Defrag the only settings are to push the entire Arma2 install folder into High Performance.

Also make sure that your page file is in High Performance too. There's not much more you can do, beyond that.

i'm getting pauses of about 1 second, every 1.5 seconds, like clockwork. the game is totally unplayable. however, this *only* happens in online games. it doesn't happen when i host an online game on my own machine, but it happens if i connect to a server on the internet. this would suggest a problem with the networking code.

Core2 Quad Q6600

GeForce GTX 260

Latest Nvidia drivers

patch 1.03

Windows XP

Track IR 4

update: i get the stuttering on only *some* servers. some work fine. when i get the stuttering, i'm getting it on servers that i have a good ping too (<100ms). note that i never had any stuttering before with 1.02. this is clearly not a defrag issue, or i would have the problem on all servers, and in single player.

update: i get the stuttering on only *some* servers. some work fine. when i get the stuttering, i'm getting it on servers that i have a good ping too (<100ms). note that i never had any stuttering before with 1.02. this is clearly not a defrag issue, or i would have the problem on all servers, and in single player.
same mods on al the servers? same game type?

i have no mods or add-ons installed. domination games work fine. had a severe problem on a deathmatch server.

The underlined is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to needing a defrag. Actually, that's a reason you WOULD defrag. Patches tend to fragment files. Which can be a direct cause of stuttering. (Just incase you have not realized.)

CBA addon has been known to cause stuttering after 1.03. I think a few others aswell. Try without any addons, (Just noticed you don't...). Try diagnosing for yourself.

Drivers, driver settings, etc. can cause stuttering also.