Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Throwable stones for AI

Introduction

Just a small one here that might be included in a further patch as an extra, back for OFP there were several addons adding stuff-throwing civilians ,e.g. the Gimbal Tosser addon ( http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/Gimbals_Tossers;35331 ) or the BAS angry mob, which had enemy civilians throwing stones.

Situation

The stones are allready in the game (classname HandGrenade_Stone

), they do damage and they can be thrown. Ai does nothing if they are "armed" with them though, even if set to hostile.

Suggestion

Make the AI be able to throw the stones.

Reason

Well, it would add some atmosphere to missions, plus it can layout new ideas, imagine a mission where you have to flee from an angry mob as your rules of engagement don't allow to engage...

I know it could be solved through addons, but this would limit it's use (mp missions), plus it shouldn't be hard to do if it was possible in OFP.

Edited by Icewindo

Loved Gimbal Tossers!

Would be very cool to have something like them again.

Civilian AI throwing stones at armoured vehicles while the US insurgents drive through their villages would be awesome.

Also we will be able to make re-enactments of Palestine and Israel conflicts, with the Palestine (Hamas) throwing stones at some Israeli buildings and then have the IDF come out too massacre a whole village. :confused:

Hehe, some stone are good spice for every demonstration - good stuff for a mission. :)

And while somebody is making this fix throw in (heh) a option so that angry civilians can hit BLUFOR with their hands (grenade animation)

Civilian AI throwing stones at armoured vehicles while the US insurgents drive through their villages would be awesome.

Also we will be able to make re-enactments of Palestine and Israel conflicts, with the Palestine (Hamas) throwing stones at some Israeli buildings and then have the IDF come out too massacre a whole village. :confused:

Was that really friggen necessary? :rolleyes:

Anyways, can we discuss the addon at hand without bringing outside politics into it, risking derailment of the thread for once?

Edited by Yokhanan

And this has exactly what to do with ArmA2 Suggestions? Help me as I fail to see your point here. For your political stuff we have threads in the Offtopic forum. Use them instead bothering the players with your crap, thanks.

The first part of my post I believe is relevant to the suggestion, maybe considered a bit too specific. However what I was saying, it would be nice to see some of the AI in missions not appreciating the liberation from the marines, as you see in modern day insurgencies.

The second part of my post I will admit had nothing much to do with the topic at hand and I apologise for that.

There's "stones" you can throw in Xeno's Domination - in the main base ammocrate...

They just use the grenade pic in the inventory, thought they're called "stones" - you can chuck them like grenades - theres an "impact puff" if you hit a building, but no sound... dunno what damage they actually do - but they're in there...

obviously a little Xeno joke... "I'm outa ammo - throw rocks instead"...

B

they've been included as part of the game, not just a scripty thingy.

Try for yourself in the armory =)

unfortunately civvies can't throw grenades/stones you you'll have to keep clicking 'try this' till you get a soldier