Sign in to follow this  
subroc

Generic AntiPersonel Mine Addon

Hi

Made a quick n´dirty (as all my releases:D) AP Mine addon

Its placeable via the editor but ingame you man pick them up and place wherever you want. Made two variants one pre-armed for a editor placed minefield and one in safemode so you can put them as a "ammobox" (yeah i know its a bit messy but..)

look in the readme for further info. drop a line here if anything is unclear.

*Edit its not tested in MP, if you test let me know how it runs.

Download:

http://www.ingaklena.se/tmp/arma/@sub_apmine.rar

Edited by subroc

AP Mine addon, great. Have you any pic´s, perhaps :bounce3:

AP Mine addon, great. Have you any pic´s, perhaps :bounce3:

yeah this sounds great, I can't wait to get this added to like FarmWars or something.

hehe ok noted. English isnt my first language so..

;1396111']For the love of god... type -F7- (SPELL CHECK)!!!!

It's "Anti-Personnel." Cool addon though.

Pancko, is it? Seriously, don't be one of those annoying spelling trolls...

As for the addon, its a really great addition to the game! As you said, the AI bypass it 99% of the time, in fact even i do, but i'm sure you can fix that by simply increasing the trigger radius?

Great work anyhow, it has alot of potential!

Rich.

Edited by Guest

Really nice addon Subroc!

As others already said maybe increase the trigger area by x2 or x3 would make them even better. Also since most AP mines are designed to injure soldiers, and not kill them, maybe add some randomness so you only have a small chance of getting killed and greater chance to get leg injuries etc.

Anyway great addon and would love to see more stuff like this in ArmA II, maybe some Claymores (Pingu did one for ArmA I), trip wires mines/flares (saw some cool video made by a FDF guy)!

BTW: Anyone tried them in MP?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Yes, this is a great addon.

Subroc, you can eliminate the AI bypassing problem by removing the geometry shape (in model's Geometry) or lower the geometry shape beneath the actual mine position and keep the LandContact points. That way the AI won't see the mine as an "obstacle" in it's path. Also put RoadWay component (Component01)over the mine just in case (1m x 1m will do it).

Cheers :)

Edit: Also you can check out in BIS sample models for ArmedAssault what kind of Geometry the AT mines have, so the tanks don't bypass them.

Edited by NYX87