Sign in to follow this  
whopper_with_cheese

FUEL, whats the story?

Vehicles seem to be able to travel only a few miles before needing to be refueled.

Can we order AI to shutoff engine to stop fuel usage whilst idling ?

If i order them to go to the fuel truck, they may or may not do so, meaning i have to drive the vehicle to fuel truck myself.

If they do go to fuel truck themselves, they might refuel after been given that seperate order, but still complain they are out of fuel (requiring me to make driver disembark...i get in, and find out it is fueled...wtf)

Ordering the fuel truck to go to an out-of-fuel vehicle, the fuel truck wont necessarily stop within range of the stricken vehicle...requiring further micro management on my behalf.

even the fuel truck is complaining about being low on fuel, and he's only driven 400 yards tops. are we expected to have 2 fuel trucks, so one can top up the other ????

this is an exercise in tedium, and really making my blood boil.

any tips for fuel management (other than forget about vehicles, just use infantry)?

would also be nice if the fuel/repair/ammo trucks didnt take up 3 of your 12 'unit' slots too.

Vehicles seem to be able to travel only a few miles before needing to be refueled.

I dont know, but that doesnt sound normal to me... :confused:

I don't experience any of these fuel issues at all.

Support trucks don't take up any 'unit' slots, however any crew they have do if they are in your group ... like the driver.

Planck

i think part of my problem is that when the new vehicles spawn, they seem to be only 1/2 full.

would be nice if u could order the vehicles w/o crew.

example of what i would call excessive fuel comsumption:

driving from my base near kabanino to kyshnoye, uses almost 1/2 the fuel in BRDM2 ATGM...its only like a 2minute drive

Edited by whopper_with_cheese

I just made that journey - Kabanino to Vyshnoye in a BRDM ATGM.

I used up just one green bar on my fuel guage.

Planck

Did the trucks go through battle? Fuel tanks can be shot and start leaking...

Other than that, there shouldnt be any reason for the terrible MPG you're getting.

Is this in some mission or in the editor? Missions can have other designs you know.

Campaign questions go into OFFICIAL MISSIONS section etc. Please breath and sort your facts. Then post. ;)

Alex

Did the trucks go through battle? Fuel tanks can be shot and start leaking...

Other than that, there shouldnt be any reason for the terrible MPG you're getting.

trucks didnt go through battle. the brdm2s were engaged in battle, but repaired after.

yeah, usually I'm able to drive or fly or whatever for quite some time. I've never run a vehicle out of a full tank of gas. Are you using mods?