Sign in to follow this  
IGFs TopGun

'operation flashpoint: resistance' - details & scr

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=2838

"Resistance expands the universe of Flashpoint with higher resolution textures and models to take full advantage of latest 3D graphics cards. New gameplay elements extend the realism and freedom for the player and we're reworking the multiplayer code to make for an even more intense online combat experience."

The new campaign featured in Resistance is set before Operation Flashpoint's Cold War Crisis and casts the player as Victor Troska, a fighter against the recent invasion by renegade Russian forces.

HOLY CRAP, look at this detail...

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/35/square2_hi.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/35/OPR_PC_Gunman1.jpg

Is this reference to a DYNAMIC campaign?

"Rather than a sequence of distinct missions, all the events in the Resistance campaign are closely linked," explains Marek:

"As players progress through the campaign, the amount of equipment, ammunition and fellow soldiers persists from one mission to another. Tactical use of supplies comes into play as there's no telling what lies ahead."

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 19 2002,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bye Bye Gamespy:

"incorporating an in-game server browser system"

smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That is the most beutiful news I have ever heard... *sniff*

(though I dont understand why its taken so long, just look at MOHAA and its ingame GS browser)

It looks great but i dont think my p3 733mhz with Geforce2 mx will run it in a playable manner. sad.gif not good ..... aint got the cash for new pc stuff.

Humzzz seeing how im a student/bartender i dont think my bartending would improve from a brand new notebook. MB get my parents to fork over the cash but i dont think they will buy that smile.gif oh well ....... life sucks

Great grpahic, great everything. Love that trees. Really love them. They're much better than those in GR. Really great. smile.gif

I don't know about you guys, but honestly my jaw dropped and pupils enlarged smile.gif

OFP: Resistance seems to exceed my wildest daydreams...

I also love the concept of playing as resistance movement, gathering capturing equipment for next missions. Reminds of the old Jagged Alliance series. Great that BIS is not going to ultra-modern landwarrior-shiite stuff.

*tears of joy well up in his eyes*

Oh...look at those big towns...wouldn't you just love to have street-fighting going on there? wow.gif

If my GeForce 2 Ultra doesn't provide me with sufficient frames per second on my 1Ghz PIII with 384 RAM, then I sure as hell am gonna run out and get the top of the line GeForce 4. There is nothing worse for me than FPS rates in their teens.

I wonder if it will be like what mechwarrior mercenaries was to the mechwarrior 2 smile.gif

What I would like to know is whether the new graphics will look like this on the new island only, or whether the old ones are going to look better as well confused.gif

I wish the graphics will look like this for all the maps and if not, i bet someone will make a new island with these trees in them biggrin.gif

omg i think i just crapped my pants looking at those screenshots!

amazing, i cant wait till it comes out, which is in about around june right?

To hell with the graphics....

.... what about the new netcode?

Will it be a VAST improvement over the current, and will we need to purchase the expansion just to use it or will it be available as a patch?

Let me join the rest..

OMG those screenshots are out of this world!!

Of course I will buy it, never was any doubt about it anyway, but the new graphics, in game browser, new island, new civilian clothes e.t.c. ... This is almost too good to be true.

OH JOY!! biggrin.gif

Hidden

please notice the sholder holster on the guy in the close up shot..... hello sidearms!!!

Good luck to Crutch and "all those others" boycotting the BIS addons LMAO biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ Mar. 20 2002,09:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good luck to Crutch and "all those others" boycotting the BIS addons LMAO  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

heh heh heh.....let's not be so mean here, Sith.

by the way

THE 5 STORY HOUSE AT THE CENTER IS MINE!!! I CLAIM IT!!! IT BELONGS TO RALPH WIGGUM!!!! MINE!! ALL MINE!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miss_Cleo @ Mar. 20 2002,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please notice the sholder holster on the guy in the close up shot..... hello sidearms!!!<span id='postcolor'>

What, what sidearms? All I see is a low resolution skin with something that looks like a holster, but I doubt it means they are wearing sidearms. BIS said they would need to add new animations after all.

Althoug it would be great.. resistance need sidearms, makes them look cool wink.gif

Viva la resistance!

Hidden

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 20 2002,02:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I would like to know is whether the new graphics will look like this on the new island only, or whether the old ones are going to look better as well confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Only new island will have new detailed graphic. It is almost impossible to upgrade old islands with new graphic (and it would not look so good if you would see new tree near the old "low graphic" building).

Too bad, it must cost hundreds of dollars to make one animation, remember, they used a Motion-Capture Studio.