Sign in to follow this  
n.sipher

Ranks for online servers

Just wondering if there is someone who would be intersted in having some sort of rank for there dedicated servers, just like Counter-strike etc.

im plaing on starting up such a project and if anyone who has MYSQL, PARSER, PHP, etc knowledge is interested in joining this task please PM me.

The server log files dosnt have much info so i dont think this would be such a hard task.

From what i can see now in the logfile there are atleast some info that could be used to make some typ of rank website "alá" Hlstatsx.com

class Player12

{

name="xlr";

killsInfantry=7;

killsSoft=0;

killsArmor=0;

killsAir=-7;

killsPlayers=-1;

customScore=0;

killsTotal=-28;

killed=19;

};

only problem i see right now from this is the identification. as someone could enter with the excact name and play and that score/rank is combined to one name in the DB..

Although the name perhaps could be connected to the PID wich is located in the logfile also.

so anyone who will be interested in either helping out :) or having this option to there server please feel free to comment your suggestions feedback?

In ARMA 1 there was a tool which used a utility, an SQL database, and a webpage to bring it altogether. Here is an example of the XR warfare stats using it

http://stats.folkersma.org/stats/

Benny had some help and knowledge involved with creating this, but at the moment there is no utility for ARMA 2. As soon as there is I am sure XR will have it and I will be all for it for our server as well.