Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Stability Survey

How has patch 1.03 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. How has patch 1.03 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?

• - Fixed: The patch has fixed some serious issue for me
    • - No issues: The game ran quite well for me even before
    • - Not fixed: I am experiencing some serious issue which it did not fix
    • - New issues: It introduced some new serious issue for me
    • - Mixed: The patch has solved some issues but created some new ones

The Game runs just fine for me..No CTD..No BSOD...slight fps increased perhaps

but unfortunately, this patch causes a new sound issue for me..The sound is distorted when firing in full auto or quick succession...kinda irritating :mad:

Still got problems whit myn Ati card its stil flikkering like creazy and crashing myn game i have olready tryd everything stil nothing helps

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Graphic Card: ATi Radeon 4870 X2

RAM: Geil 2x 2024 GB

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus SE

HDD: Sygate Baraccuda 500 GB

Monitor: Samsung SM T220 22 Zoll (1680 x 1050)

Mouse: Logitech G9

Keyboard: Logitech G11

Soundcard: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Still got problems whit myn Ati card its stil flikkering like creazy and crashing myn game i have olready tryd everything stil nothing helps

I am having the same issues with my Sonic HD4850 ATI card setup, seems to have weird graphic glitches on certain view angle or point of view. But the problem seems to goes away when i tune down/adjust my video settings.

Not sure whether this is due to ATI card or it's a bug within the game.

I am having the same issues with my Sonic HD4850 ATI card setup, seems to have weird graphic glitches on certain view angle or point of view. But the problem seems to goes away when i tune down/adjust my video settings.

Not sure whether this is due to ATI card or it's a bug within the game.

hey i found the problem put your settings hight ore very high then start a map dasent mather look up if you stil have the problem alt tab out go tho your ati settings go tho 3d then all settings then sroll down till you see Eneble Adabtive Anti Aliasing turn it off ore on dasent mather that what you mast do evry time you start a new map

THAT SUCKS

UNA... I feel like screaming at you...;)

ur post is gibberish

but I guess english is not ur native tongue....

I wish more ppl would put their country of origin in their public profile gives more of a feel for where they are coming from...(pun intended)

UNA... I feel like screaming at you...;)

ur post is gibberish

but I guess english is not ur native tongue....

I wish more ppl would put their country of origin in their public profile gives more of a feel for where they are coming from...(pun intended)

well sorry cant help it

hey i found the problem put your settings hight ore very high then start a map dasent mather look up if you stil have the problem alt tab out go tho your ati settings go tho 3d then all settings then sroll down till you see Eneble Adabtive Anti Aliasing turn it off ore on dasent mather that what you mast do evry time you start a new map

THAT SUCKS

Great will try that out. But I believe this is a bug in the game, there are already tonnes of people complaining this issue via the troubleshooting tread on ATI card. will happen to 4xxx and 3xxx series cards.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73235

I'm replying to myself, regarding the issues with nVidia drivers from the 190x branch and Arma2 with patch 1.03:

With 182x drivers the problem is gone. However, i'm using again 190x drivers and Arma2 is now always starting in window mode here. When in window mode, the graphics driver does not crash. In fullscreen mode, it does.

I had never problems with any nVidia drivers, since my first TNT chipset back in the days, so this is the first time i'm not happy with nv. Maybe it's again one of those multihardware-platform-problems and i'm the only one fighting it. However, it sucks.

i dont see a difference, only slightly different. i still get low fps, and have sound issues. i am getting a new videocard. maybe that will help to gain some fps.

I got Arma 2 finally running on my newly built hardware but very often when I try to play around with the Secop manager in the mission editor Arma 2 crashes to desktop with a message that it needs to shutdown.

hardware specs are amd phenom 2 X 3 720 cpu

2 gigs of ram

and Ati radeon Hd 4850 1 gig graphicscard memory.

win xp 32 bit.

i dont see a difference, only slightly different. i still get low fps, and have sound issues. i am getting a new videocard. maybe that will help to gain some fps.

Additional RAM will also help you gain more FPS, and help with the rendering of models and textures.

Hey all.

Been reading through these forums for a week now and no closer to finding a solution to my problem. So I'm sorry if this has been posted elseware.

I've been able to play arma 2, v1.0 - 1.1 & 1.2.

As soon as I install patch 1.03 - The game refuses to start.

The process "Arma2.exe" starts and shows up in the taskmgr, but the game just does not start.

I have tried re-installing, but nothing I do seems to help. As soon as I upgrade to 1.03 it just refuses to run.

I'd really like to be able to use 1.03 - because I see that it corrects a lot of issues.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Thanks in advance

James

P.S - DVD version of game (not steam) and I have the latest nvidia drivers.

P.SS - Returned computer to STD clocks and still made no difference, ARMA2.exe starts, but no game.

-----------------------------------

E8400 & 3.8ghz (currently stress testing a 4.0ghz clock)

- Vista 32 - 2gb DDR2 - Nvidia9500GT OC'd

Game runs good for me on normal settings - 25fps, minimal stuttering

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Why quote from earlier posting? what a waste of space!! ... Planck

I have also disabled UAC, and have no antivirus software.

Edited by Planck
Useless quote

What is the name of the 1.03 patch file you are installing and where are you getting it from?

Try and remember this is a survey topic and shouldn't be used for this purpose.

However, in the interests of customer satisfaction, no sacrifice is too great. :)

Planck

Edited by Planck

I've never had any problems with the game running/crashing etc. before or after 1.03 None that I noticed/remembered anyway.

No increase in performance with 1.03... but no decrease either.

EDIT: Also latest 5095 beta 'might' be giving me a slight increase in performance. Testing it out tonight.

Ok, so Im playing the Harvest Red Mission.

Repear radios in asking for help with the sniper, and half way through the dialogue, reaper chimmed in with "hold your fire" - obviously shot by a teammate. Because that interupted the radio exchange, I never actually received the objective to go and get the sniper. So the objective marker was still at the original place (the town sqaure). So I went there, but when I did, the trigger never went off, had to restart.

Also, I keep seeing the white texture model of Koslowski's face, it seems to just happen on him, but I cant be sure. Makes him look like hockey mask serial killer. I have a HF 4850, running Win 7 Catalyst 9.8 drivers.

Hi, even on 1.03 i got the very old "cannot commit" when saving and strange artifacts may related to my nvidia drivers.

But the game runs at fine FPS, since i read the "nvidia users thread"

But that "cannot commit" shit is freaking me out...

Still not sure about the "cannot commit" error. As far as I can tell it's from a memory flood problem, which means if you're starting Arma 2 with -maxmem= at the end then remove that from the shortcut and it may get rid of the problem, or at least expand the time frame that you can save it in.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Also make sure that your page file isn't set to an incorrect amount. I noticed myself that under Windows 7 7100 RC it seems to set the page file to the wrong size on install, so changing that to Windows managed size may help.

I have exactly the same problem as James22 here.

I bought the AU version just yesterday.

Installed and ran fine at default (v1.01 I think).

A soon as I install v1.03 update the game won't start at all.

I updated to v1.03 using the torrent download from GameUpdates.org

I have found that after installing the beta update (build 59025) the game DOES start using the created shortcut (using -mod=beta).

But if I try and use the original exe (v1.03) it still won't start.

If I get a chance I will try reinstalling the game and using the v1.03 update downloaded from ArmedAssault.info.

EDIT: Just found out it does start when just using v1.03, but it takes ~34 minutes from double clicking shortcut to get to the first splash screen.

Edited by Skaircro

That sounds like an issue with securom. Check securom troubleshooting (search for securom removal/update)

An update on my previous post regarding the game not starting under v1.03.

This problem seems to have been resolved with the latest v1.04 update.

I got my computer running the game much more stable with one of these http://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/floor_fan_623.jpg pretty awesome cooling! It makes some noise though so its not for the easy to get annoyed people ;)

removed 2 front hatches from the chassi and I have the floor fan clearing the chassi with cold air.

Why is this post even still stickied at the top? ?

Mods to busy doing other things i suppose :p