Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Stability Survey

How has patch 1.03 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. How has patch 1.03 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?

• - Fixed: The patch has fixed some serious issue for me
    • - No issues: The game ran quite well for me even before
    • - Not fixed: I am experiencing some serious issue which it did not fix
    • - New issues: It introduced some new serious issue for me
    • - Mixed: The patch has solved some issues but created some new ones

well i bought the game today but i cant really comment on how it was before but its running fine on my comp so ill say its a good patch really

Got to play for awhile with no addons ,and I'm getting sound pops and snaps over time.

There does seem to be a bit of lag now I just can't pinpoint what the cause is....I thought it was from running in zoom mode ,but it will happen other times to.

Can anyone tell if the lag coincides with Hard drive accessing? I usually can't see the lights in time, since my comp face is aimed away from me.

The patch overall is good. I didn't have any problems before too :P

But I do get some sound issues when I'm near mounted guns or people firing vehicle machinguns. The sound stutters and dissappears completely for a second of two.

Or is this some super-high-tec reality simulation? Since, well, I heard everything in the army while someone next to me shot with .50 cal.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but:

I noticed yesterday that my physX was re-enabled. It was disabled before the 1.03.

:butbut:

Now after disabling it again I'm a tad happier.

I got random flames all over my screen, the issue wasn't present in 1.02 but with 1.03 my screen looks like everything is on fire all over the land. I didn't change my system between 1.02 and 1.03 other then I overclocked my CPU by 11mhz, that's it.

Now I have stabilities issues, graphics issues. It worked a lot better for me on 1.02.

What are you doing?...Don't you test thoroughly your work before release?...

Sometimes it crashes me back to desktop and changes my computer to my lower gaming resolutioin wich can only be changed with a reset?

Would anyone like to draw up a standardized test? It might help with the patching process if people can give specific answers to the right problems. Would BIS happen to have one?

Toss 2 smoke grenades , what do you see?_________

Shoot 100 rnds from 50 CAL , what do you hear?___________

Run 50 feet ,how many times did you lag?________

I'm sure there are more detailed questions to ask ,I'm just doing an example.

I for one would like to help smash some bugs , anyone who doesn't want to, wouldn't have to answer anything.

Would this help at all?

Edited by Soldier of Anarchy

Toss 2 smoke grenades , what do you see? - Bad smoke grenades that don't provide nearly enough concealment.

Shoot 100 rnds from 50 CAL , what do you hear? - 1 round go off, then distortion, then a pop, then nothing.

Run 50 feet ,how many times did you lag? - Not many, this is better.

Toss 2 smoke grenades , what do you see? - Bad smoke grenades that don't provide nearly enough concealment.

Shoot 100 rnds from 50 CAL , what do you hear? - 1 round go off, then distortion, then a pop, then nothing.

Run 50 feet ,how many times did you lag? - Not many, this is better.

- smoke grenade are a joke. i now understand why they wanted a particle designer (sic)

- sound problem , indeniably .

- better perfs with my vista. (mainly traveling , and high speed jet run)

- ctd (the worst bug god ever created ...)

Edited by GLeek

Since the 1.03 patch, I'm experiencing random PC reboots.

Also when I place myself in the editor as the pilot of a Cobra that spawns on the ground plus I place a Russian machine gunner next to me, he wont shoot unless i take off.

Edit: I'm getting a LOT of reboots.

Edited by ziiip

Voted: Mixed.

Reasons: CTD calling on RAM exhaust, but i'm ok with the fixed stuff.

Since getting the patch i've been getting crashes, really annoying when your playing CTI and you crash, losing your money and your slot on the server.

Voted: Mixed.

Reasons: CTD calling on RAM exhaust, but i'm ok with the fixed stuff.

Same here. It's just hard to play the game when it crashes every 15 or 30 minutes.

The campaign is now clean, i haven't found any bugs since i got 1.03

I have got 3-4 new bugs however;

• I CTD every 10-30minutes and it says cannot commit (probably RAM exhaust which everyone else is having.
  • I also get a bug where sometimes in the campaign (i've only got this in manhattan so far and i'm downloading a new driver for my Vcard which i hope fixes it) I run a few metres and the screen goes completely blank, i have to stop moving, wait a few seconds and wait for everything to appear again, if i keep running while the screen is white, it takes longer to make everything appear again so its probably some kind of loading issue.
  • I also get the RAM exhaustion during saves and autosaves and its starting to get REALLY annoying because last time it happened
    This happened during the mission before manhattan (can't remember the name) I helped some NAPA fighters, went to vyshnoye and got some evidence there, then drove all the way down to elektrothingy, got a message over the radio that i had 20minutes to find the red hatchback heading north and then crashed upon the autosave
    I get lots of these crashes and they're really starting to get on my nerves :mad:

also

* Fixed: missiles should pass through vegetation
(from http://games.on.net/file/28724/ArmA_II_-_Patch_1.03_-_Not_for_steam_users)

This is not working and there are a few videos on youtube about this.

I still also experience a bug/glitch in topolka dam where i can just walk into the water at about 10m from the dam and stand at the bottom, i also noticed the ladder on topolka dam doesn't work

Edited by SASrecon
added dam bug/glitch

Stability for me is excellent, with just a couple of CTDs so far. Performance not so good though. At normal texture quality I can have 30-40 FPS (most other stuff turned off, but high windowed resolution). Looking at some kinds of heavily leafed trees can make this drop to 5-10, making it completely unplayable. This rather extreme performance penalty goes completely away if I switch to low texture quality, like the tree wasn't even there. I also got the sound problems, like everyone else.

Uhm, are your smoke grenades even working at all? Mine stops emitting smoke once they get to the ground, like, completely broken.

For me game has been very stable whole time, but there are still serious bugs that havent fixed (bad LODs).

Edited by Naku

My framerate is much steadier =)

but every 10-30minutes i get a CTD due to 'cannot commit'; probably exhausted memory =(

Stability for me is excellent, with just a couple of CTDs so far. Performance not so good though. At normal texture quality I can have 30-40 FPS (most other stuff turned off, but high windowed resolution). Looking at some kinds of heavily leafed trees can make this drop to 5-10, making it completely unplayable. This rather extreme performance penalty goes completely away if I switch to low texture quality, like the tree wasn't even there. I also got the sound problems, like everyone else.

Uhm, are your smoke grenades even working at all? Mine stops emitting smoke once they get to the ground, like, completely broken.

Glad i'm not the only one seeing issue with certain leafy trees. Doing missions with fixed heavy grass/foliage is pretty much unplayable, especially when zooming in.

With Patch 1.02 I had no stability problems, but Patch 1.03 is causing numerous CTDs. In campaign mission "Söldner" (german version) I got about 20 CTDs until now and I am not finished.

That means stability was decreased by patch 1.03.

With patch 1.03 and nVidia drivers from the 190.xx branch, the graphics drivers seem to crash in some situations, so windows reloads/restarts it (onresetdevice()/onlostdevice() seem to cannot handle this). In such a case I'll lose my picture, but sounds and controls remain working. I need to close Arma2 completely then. Since this happened some times, i'm starting Arma2 in window mode where this crash does not occur. It is said to be a temperature problem on the net, but as I'm using the profile-thingy within nVidia settings, the fan is on max when Arma2 starts and the graphics card is not exceeding 50°C. I'll revert to 182.xx drivers and see if that can solve it.

game runs pretty good for me, only thing im havin is the sound distortion all the time when u fire a gun on auto it really destroys the game,

then i get a CTD once in a blue moon.

My game was running just fine the new beta patch has just stuffed the game for me. Jittering and constant crashing.:(

Weird about all the crashing going on.

I get a crash every once in 15 hours or so, BUT there is one more certain way to crash if i want to.

Heal at a chopper. > plop i'm out of the game. :(