Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Stability Survey

How has patch 1.03 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?  

471 members have voted

1. 1. How has patch 1.03 affected your ability to run ArmA 2?

• - Fixed: The patch has fixed some serious issue for me
    • - No issues: The game ran quite well for me even before
    • - Not fixed: I am experiencing some serious issue which it did not fix
    • - New issues: It introduced some new serious issue for me
    • - Mixed: The patch has solved some issues but created some new ones

Still get lot of stuttering and slow tecture load issues during the campaign. Seems to be stable with just odd stutter or pause in other mission that are not campaign ralated. Not ideal but at least its playerable in campaign now if you have the patience to put up with the performance in the campaign.

A question to those who are getting stutter. Does this happen all the time, or after a team switch, or fast travel?

-

A bad registry error happened to me once after a virus altered some info, games and windows updates didn't work right. Fixed it with a anti virus scan then it all worked ....not sure if thats whats happening to you all.

I DL the patch, but I'm going to wait on more reports. The campaign issues don't bother me much anymore.....but I wanna keep playing my game.

the only two issues I am having so far with this new patch is.....

1. instant crashes to desktop with no errors.. In task manager it shows the application gone but the ARMA32bit.exe procces still running...

2. I am getting a error when I first load into a game (can't remember what it says) I think it is an issue with the new multyplayer UI that is not working for me/still looks like the old one before the patch.....

same thing here re -installed arma with 1.02 sick of this new patch getting on my nerves

1.03 will install first time when run game works fine however 2nd time i got shader problems popup

I do see some improvements in frame rate. But I can't say any spesific about where this accrues at this time.

If you are in a vehicle along with other players (multiplayer) there is less stuttering. I do not how to explain it, perhaps BI have already seen this phenomenon. I suppose I could say it's less desynchronization between players when it comes to the positioning of vehicles and other units. I can't recall seeing anything about this in the changelog, however.

CTD still occurs. Normally this happens from an hour and outwards, it's not very time spesific. CPU and GPU tempratures are at typical load temprature. Other then CTD, it's nothing that is abnormal. No script errors, texture errors, etc. It's neither mission related, this will happen whether I'm playing Multiplayer, Singleplayer or working in the Mission Editor.

ArmA 2 settings:

Visibility: ~2500

Interface res.: 1280 x 1024 (75 Hz)

3D res.: 1280 x 1024

Texture detail: Normal

Video memory: Normal

AF: Low (x1)

AA: Normal (x2)

Terrain detail: Very low

Objects detail: Normal

Shadow detail: Normal

Postprocess effects: Disabled

(HDRPrecision=8)

(localVRAM=522706688)

(nonlocalVRAM=258998271)

Specs:

Mainboard : Asus P5KC

Chipset : Intel P31/P35

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3000 MHz

Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM PC2-6400 (399 MHz) - [DDR2-800])

Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT Nvidia GeForce GTX295

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3

DirectX : Version 9.0c (march 2009)

Nvidia Forceware : 6.14.11.8250

Nvidia version (Display Driver): 190.62

Edited by colossus
Added new info

@archscepetic

Only a complete new installation helped me out with that error.

@RaidX

thx for your helpful comment, i really didn´t get it until you came around. Wer den Schaden hat braucht für den Spott nicht zu sorgen...

@Yapap

I´ve explained it already all on page one of this thread. It was the first time installation of the german retail DVD version successfully patched four times. Well, now i´ve installed a second time and it works. More a workaround than a real solution.

Nothing is impossible for the person that doesnt have to do it!

Thanks for the patch

Crash encountered when pressing key 2 with a squad selected under High Command mode. Should it be?

Also, why I hardly see my tanks firing SABOT/HEAT, instead they kept pouring machine gun bullets at armoured targets???

Seems that some of the problems reported here are mod related, is BIS responsible for compatibility? If not, Placebo, you should notify in the first post that "voters" run the test without mods...

Edited by Baxalasse

Patch completely broke the game for me, crashes to desktop every time I try to join a game, best I've managed is 30 seconds in a local scenario game. Sometimes it doesn't even get past the initial splash screens

I have never had any serious problems with the game. This patch really did a good job on fixes small stuff like the annoying AI problems etc. :yay:

I had to quit the campaign the first time around with patch 1.02 because the game kept seizing up on the hunt for Miles' murderers on the third mountaintop hideout.

So I downloaded patch 1.03 and played it from the beginning with more bugs (the fireteam's heads were all pure white, liek modeled without textures) and once again I seized up the entire game on the third mountaintop. I had to CTL ALT DEL to escape the freeze up.

8 gigs of RAM

8 cores 3 gigahertz

ATI 4870 X2...

Oh yeah and the smoke grenades are virutally nonexistant for me now too...they're tiny and last for 5 seconds tops.

Let's all work together on this one folks. We have to get this through. I NEED to play the campaign to the end. It's the most fun...I love going around in my own helicopter.

Edited by Cadmium77

the fireteam's heads were all pure white

I had this when running SLI on XP with NVIDIA SLI Patch for Arma 2, once i installed the latest drivers (dont remeber version) it went away. I see you are using AMD/ATI so this solution wont work for you, but you might want try different drivers as a last resort...

Are all campaign saves broken by the patch? Trying to load a save from version 1.02 and it hard crashes to the desktop from the loading screen. Have not tried anything else as I was stuck on one of the missions and wanted to see if the patch made a difference. No way I am playing through the campaign again if the patch has broken saves.

I had to quit the campaign the first time around with patch 1.02 because the game kept seizing up on the hunt for Miles' murderers on the third mountaintop hideout.

So I downloaded patch 1.03 and played it from the beginning with more bugs (the fireteam's heads were all pure white, liek modeled without textures) and once again I seized up the entire game on the third mountaintop. I had to CTL ALT DEL to escape the freeze up.

8 gigs of RAM

8 cores 3 gigahertz

ATI 4870 X2...

Oh yeah and the smoke grenades are virutally nonexistant for me now too...they're tiny and last for 5 seconds tops.

Let's all work together on this one folks. We have to get this through. I NEED to play the campaign to the end. It's the most fun...I love going around in my own helicopter.

are you running with the -winxp switch in the shortcut?

You shouldn't still have to use the -winxp switch with 1.03, Cross Fire and 8 Gigs.

You can get the latest Beta Catalyst version here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=301006

These work well for me. I now never have 'white heads', low-res textures etc. (HD4870 & 4870 x2). However, I have to leave AA and AF 'Application Controlled' and CCC AI set to 'Advanced', otherwise suffer CTDs. Graphics memory set to 'Default' is by far the best if you've got a gig or over of DDR5.

This solution gives me the best frame-rates yet, and no visible stuttering. Perfectly smooth in Electrozavod (!)

Incidentally, in 'Counterattack', has anyone else noticed that the Russians now seem to take a much cleverer route around the city, and seem far more responsive to what's going on?

Edited by Richey79

- Mixed: The patch has solved some issues but created some new ones

CTD (new for me! 1.02 was ok)

Crackling sound

Hanging frames

So far... still testing

Hanging frames

Have you tried without mods? There is a thread regarding this...

Edited by Baxalasse

I'm now getting 4 second hangs every min now in game. everything stops: game, sound etc. but it's not my system because A. it didnt do it ever on 1.02 B. music from itunes (which i always run) also doesnt stop. Great one bohemia! I pay £25 for you to then make the game unplayable. cheers. Although i do still love the game but i have just lost a little faith in a company who have been making military sims for 8+ years in which two of those games are VBS which is sold to militaries around the world.

Sort it out, you are good at what you do just prove it!

Right so people know what im running the game on my specs:

CPU - Intel quadcore Q6600 2.4ghz

Motherboard - Nvidia Nforce 680sli

Gfx - Nvidia Geforce 8800gt 512mb - driver version 7.15.11.8250

RAM - 4gb OCZ DDR2 800mhz

OS - Windows 7

HD - Segate barracuda 7200 SATA 3gb/s

like most people i am now getting stutter, something i did not get before. 1.03 has made my game worse, thanks...

same here. Stuttering occurs that I didnt experience with any of the previous patches. Also 3 blue-screens since yesterday, didnt happen before either.

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

played arma2 1.03 last night on dedicated server for a few hours with not one problem at all. not stutters at all

my pc specs

xp pro 32bit

amd phenom 2 940

4gb ddr2 1066

750gb sata2

gtx 260 core 216 1792mb

I had this when running SLI on XP with NVIDIA SLI Patch for Arma 2, once i installed the latest drivers (dont remeber version) it went away. I see you are using AMD/ATI so this solution wont work for you, but you might want try different drivers as a last resort...

You know what? It didn't happen on 1.02 and so it's BI's fault not my driver's fault. I'm not going to drive myself crazy with this. I'm running an 8 core 3 gigahertz Intel CPU with 8 gigs of RAM with the latest ATI Radeon 4870 X2 GPU and Vista Business 64.

My computer runs great. Arma II is not running so great and it's not even DirectX 10...it's Direct X 9 and so it should run fine...

I can overlook the graphics problems but I want that campaign to run...

I jsut tried it again. I was in the helicopter on the gattling gun and I shot the 3rd camp from the helicopter and it seized up immediately. Had to restart my computer since it was so bad I couldn't even shut her down from the Task Manager.

And no I can't find any XP setting associated with the icon..

Getting loads of Recieving bugs.. Can't finish any MP missions.