Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

MAKE THE CRASHES GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!! making me crazy! All i want to do is play the fkin game! Unplayable now after patch, 5mins and its crashing.

No performance increase, if any decrease (a lot more fps drops). AI is much more realistic now, you can actually ambush them without them hearing the man next to you pass wind.

Since upgrading to v1.03 I can't play the campaign I'm on which seems to be the same for others in Manhatten it won't load the autosave and keeps kicking me out to windows. I've had it working once when I re-named a save game to a autosave but now even that doesn't work. I deleted my .cfg file to let refresh the system details but for now I'm stumped and can't play the game. So far I've re-installed an OS purchased a new 4870x2 all to play this game (I'm a big fan of OFP and upgraded my last PC just for that) I know its daft but every now and again a special game is made but this for me so far is unplayable. Any ideas if needs be how to I skip manhatten and play the campaign from there on.

Ste Lea

Had the same problems.. I'm afraid I had to start Manhattan again, but it was more playable this time and I completed it with no problems, so thats a plus..

Every single mission I had saved gave me a ctd as well, so I've had to restart all of those too.. extremely frustrating!

Thank god in all the other pc games I've purchased this doesn't happen when games are patched.. otherwise I'd have switched to consoles ages ago..

Why are smoke grenades completely useless now? In 1.02 they weren't nearly as good as they should be and seem to have been made completely pointless in 1.03.

Some military smokes can last a few minutes and can completely cover a large area. So why are we now stuck with something that produces little more smoke than a cigarette?

Edited by SafetyCatch

Best feature ever; save button in multiplayer, I remember hoping for this back in the OFP days. :)

Had the same problems.. I'm afraid I had to start Manhattan again, but it was more playable this time and I completed it with no problems, so thats a plus..

Every single mission I had saved gave me a ctd as well, so I've had to restart all of those too.. extremely frustrating!

Thank god in all the other pc games I've purchased this doesn't happen when games are patched.. otherwise I'd have switched to consoles ages ago..

You're lucky my friend, happened to me in at least 10 other games, though the fortunate thing with this one is that you only have to start the mission from the start, not the whole game.

Seems most the people who play Multiplayer are greatly unsatisfied with the patch.

BIS perhaps you should get a hold of some community missions like on OGN server and beta test with those before release, because apparently allot of missions like Domination and Evolution to name a few cause CTD on player and server side. Additionally there are some pretty nasty playing bugs people mentioned.

I will have my new rig soon so cannot comment on the latest patch till another week.

PS. I try to keep myself informed of bugs these days by scouting around the communities., If your unable to get the bugs occurring yourself, then its time to get some REAL beta testers going (eye balls BIS). ;)

.... So far I've re-installed an OS purchased a new 4870x2 all to play this game (I'm a big fan of OFP and upgraded my last PC just for that) ....

Ste Lea

You bought 4870x2 for Arma2? :j: It will probably be quite unused unless you have a very big monitor :) Arma2 needs just a fast CPU.

That's a little inacurate. I have a fast CPU which handles a lot of ai fine, and campaign is good, but at high settings I get 20-27 fps at 1280x1024 due to my 9800gt card, lowering to low settings puts me up to 40 fps, but why would I want to run on low

That's a little inacurate. I have a fast CPU which handles a lot of ai fine, and campaign is good, but at high settings I get 20-27 fps at 1280x1024 due to my 9800gt card, lowering to low settings puts me up to 40 fps, but why would I want to run on low

Can you be more specific about your fast processor? I am quite sure that 9800GT is not a limit... Just try to underlock or overclock your CPU and you will see change in fps. Doing the same with you graphics card (for example with Riva Tuner) will not change anything.

I run an e7300 clocked at 3.5ghz, which overclocking increased

my fps at low settings, but if I go to high settings my frame rate drops. That drop is caused by my gfx card not being sufficient (different gfx settings aren't affected by CPU. I'll also note that I can't run at higher resolution than 1280x1024 due to the graphics card.

That said, arma 2 is a CPU hog and requires a good CPU for overall frame rates but if you want to raise gfx settings then you need a good gfx card (that's just the case with any game)

Vote: Bad.

Don't get me wrong I love this game, but for me this Patch made the experience poorer. My graphics got jerky, I have more CTDs than before.

No crashes except for a friend on my system accidentally loading a campaign save when I knew to restart the mission instead. The AI seems less sensitive. Overall a very good patch.

i am still having heaps of probs. The 4870X2 card still needs new drivers to stop the white snowing of scenery, i get the frequent receiving bug where the screen locks up and get the occasional CTD for no apparant reason. Overall, this is a extremely frustrating game to persist with untill the problems are addressed

Voted: Bad

Since installing 1.03. The sound is mashed, Sounds are distorted frequently ranging from loud to quiet before returning to normal. It is very strange and highly irritating. It appears to be worse when firing a weapon. Was totally fine before the patch.

Also appear to be getting worse FPS. That said texture loading on buildings etc seems to be much better. Less stuttering for me.

Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP 24" (play at 1920x1200)

ASUS P5B Deluxe WiFi AP

Hiper 730 Watt Type M ATX v2.2

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83mhz 1333 FSB

ATI Powercolor 4870x2 2gb (CAT 9.7)

Kingston HyperX 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 1066MHz

150gb WD Raptor X

150gb WD Velociraptor

X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Edition

1 x Zalman 1v2 Reserator CPU Zalman Water Cooling CPU Block

Vista Business 64bit

Still loving the game though and will continue to play it until in literally grinds to a halt. Could do with my sound back to normal though.

Carb

Voted: Good, satisfied, but wanted more.

For instance, the Prizrak thing (his immortality) + still doesn't run quite as smooth as I'd hoped.

BiStudio I would have voted better if you wrote one important sentence into the patch release notes: "finish your current campaign mission before applying the patch!" I was quite disappointed when arma crashed failing toload the save after I attempted to continue in my last mission. Fortunatelly I backed up the whole 1.02 folder, so I replaced it and the save loaded then so I can finish my mission with 1.02 and then switch back to 1.03.

Good thing: the performance is better. Igot ArmaMark score about 200points bigger then in 1.02 and mainly the space capsule test was noticable less choppy.

Would have voted disgusted if it was an option. I've been playing computergames for 25 years or so and cannot remember a game I bought and never got to play cause it just doesn't work. See the 52(!) page ATI issue thread in Troubleshooting for details. Fecking game is broken, and I've already seen the word 'expansion' in the forums.

Disgusted :(

Would have voted disgusted if it was an option. I've been playing computergames for 25 years or so and cannot remember a game I bought and never got to play cause it just doesn't work. See the 52(!) page ATI issue thread in Troubleshooting for details. Fecking game is broken, and I've already seen the word 'expansion' in the forums.

Disgusted :(

totally agree with ya mate

Is it just me that thinks using the fast travel option on the map should be renamed 'very slow, go make a coffee, read a book travel' option?

Lot slower on 1.03

1/2 an hour so far from Rogovo to Nadezhdino, no option to save and continue later..... wish I told an AI be driver and go to location.

Oh and it pauses if you alt-tab, so basically a useless computer for loads of time.

Edited by stealthbanana

That's why you play in windowed mode, so if you start browsing the web then the game keeps running.

Garbage.

I honestly am starting to care less and less about this micro AI crap since my guys can't even follow simple orders. I tell Ohara to go to a spot around a corner and what does he do? he runs off around a different building and gets lit up, I have to drag his sorry ass back and first aid him. Then I give up and decide to pull back and does he follow me? NOPE. He just lays down occasionally and runs back and forth by a fence.

I'm sorry but having AI take cover slightly better does not make up for them being complete morons at maneuvering.

But on the bright side the campaign is seemingly playable, except of course for my stupid squad, and not being able to give commands during dialog. Improving but not good yet. Had it been released like THIS I could kind of understand...:j:

Simply put, AI needs to learn how to go EXACTLY were I tell them, not just near the building or on the other side. They also suck at picking safe routes. Moving a little to find cover is cool but when they randomly take off and get killed... well that's when I put another game in.