Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

I wasn't able to play any multiplayer game in ArmA 2 since this patch.

Connection failed issue all over the place. I'm running Windows 7.

So yeah, I'm the opposite of satisfied.

Runs very well on my fairly old system. Perfectly stable and fine FPS.

Q6600, 9800 GT

I don't call that very old system compared to mine:

P4@3,0Ghz, 2Gb ddr400, Ati X1950pro 512mb.

you know what i mean ;)

Fairly old != very old . :P

I don't like the fact when in MP i write something in the dialog box, my player stars to move.

EDIT: Please fix the SD weapons and the normal weapons accuracy aiming because i feel weapons in general are useless and not at all accurate. Sometimes i feel if i could trow rock would be better.

This issue is destroying the game and my game play patience. :mad:

ARF!!!

This game is so full of lacks and its starting to concern me alot.

BIS need to release a very good patch to make things more natural. Else not in a year the game is good enough.

Edited by bravo 6

What's going wrong with the weapon accuracy?

Try aiming at a target at 300m away. If your bullets are missing your target by a considerable amount then you've got FADE.

Personally I have no issues hitting a target up to 500m away. Just have to adjust height based on the distance of the target.

I've only had Arma2 just long enough to finish the campaign and have played a few hours online and I'm still wondering where all these scripting errors and show-stopping bugs and crashes are? I'm yet to have the game crash for a reason I couldn't pin down to other causes, such as my graphics card being overclocked too far. I did have 1 audio related glitch that went away when I adjusted my audio settings.

Having read all the tales of woe that people have posted, I was very happy, and the patch made it better..

:headscratch:

I am totally frustrated because ArmA II is even with the patch unplayable for me. It feels totally buggy. Can't deal with the GFX settings correctly. I set something to normal but it will switch again to high. The mouse is sloppy time by time when beeing in menus, I read loops in voices and the whole GFX part is running bad here. OFC I am not using a real game PC. It's a DELL PRECISION M6300 with Quadro FX1600M and Vista but all other games I play here run smooth and great like Call of Duty 4. I'll give up and hope that we get a FINAL RELEASE someday. :-(

I am totally frustrated because ArmA II is even with the patch unplayable for me. It feels totally buggy. Can't deal with the GFX settings correctly. I set something to normal but it will switch again to high. The mouse is sloppy time by time when beeing in menus, I read loops in voices and the whole GFX part is running bad here. OFC I am not using a real game PC. It's a DELL PRECISION M6300 with Quadro FX1600M and Vista but all other games I play here run smooth and great like Call of Duty 4. I'll give up and hope that we get a FINAL RELEASE someday. :-(

Delete your arma2.cfg (or just make sure it's not read only), that'll fix your video problem, use the beta patch and disable mouse smoothing

I don't like the fact while using binoculars and order an AI to move to a certain place to exit the binocular view. I should be able to keep the binocular vision while ordering my unit to move to a certain place.

Also the Binocular BUG issue still remains since ArmA1. Use binocular in prone position and stand up, you will revert to weapon unnecessary and them turning again to binocular. Should be able to get up with the binoculars in the hand. Also why can't i run with the binoculars in the hand? Is it too heavy?! (Non sense.)

BIS please fix this issues and bugs in some future patch or extension.

Hi

with the patch v1.03 i've mouse lag

with patch v1.03.58814 beta no mouse lag and play very fast

with patch v1.03.58879 Beta mouse lag

my pc: E8500- p5Q - gtx260 - 4gbRam - view 1920x1080

my setting in game normal\higt\veryhigt :)

bye

Hi

with the patch v1.03 i've mouse lag

with patch v1.03.58814 beta no mouse lag and play very fast

with patch v1.03.58879 Beta mouse lag

my pc: E8500- p5Q - gtx260 - 4gbRam - view 1920x1080

my setting in game normal\higt\veryhigt :)

bye

using the 2nd beta patch goto arma2.cfg and put a line in at the end that says mousesmoothing=0

using the 2nd beta patch goto arma2.cfg and put a line in at the end that says mousesmoothing=0

thanks now works fine. :)

Good work BIS, I can now complete the campaign without having to use endmission, also some performance issues have been fixed, gained about 5 FPS in cities.

Overall - Voted Good.

After installing the 1.03 patch we immediately noticed a radical decrease in the ability of OPFOR AI to sustain a fight.

NeMeSiS in another thread has confirmed a %50 reduction in one setting and a %90 reduction in another relating to AI 'hearing' in the 1.03 patch when compared to 1.02.

We feel this is a dramatic move in the wrong direction.

Please consider restoring the pre-1.03 values and bringing the tenacious fighting abilities back to the OPFOR AI.

Regards,

I still get this bug, when im looking up to a hill with AI on it, they seem to be floating and I cant shoot them from below. Is this is client side bug?

I still get this bug, when im looking up to a hill with AI on it, they seem to be floating and I cant shoot them from below. Is this is client side bug?

That sounds like you're using a terrain modifier (ie low terrain detail) to get rid of the grass perhaps?

I voted for the 4th option. I do love the game though, no matter how buggy and badly optimized it seems at times.

i dont like the 1.03. still hope for some performance improvements and mouse lag fixes in 1.04. also i'd like to change some things:

- improve game performance

- fix mouse lag (set "mouseSmoothing=0" as default); more improvements to remove lag completely

- remove choppers miniguns crosshair

- improve grenades ussage (they are almost useless now and nobody use them); separate switching to grenades from switching weapon fire mode

- add rate of fire toggle animation (like in America's Army 3: clip)

- add gloves for all classes. naked palms looks ugly and unrealistic

- muzzle flash at night looks horrible

- fix spectator camera in armory

- improve MP5 optics and M4 EOTEH model

- slow crawling is too slow. fast one is too fast

- improve A10 gun sound

- fix M16ACOG optics (i hope its not supposed to look like this):

arma220090829185050472.jpg

Seeing as 1.03 won't even finish installing for me, I guess I can just hope that 1.04 is an improvement over this one.

Maybe but I doubt it. Usually when 1.03 won't install it means that the game didn't install properly in the first place (usually due to DVD issues/issues with dvd drive/firmware), so if that's the case then I doubt 1.04 will install as well.

Maybe but I doubt it. Usually when 1.03 won't install it means that the game didn't install properly in the first place (usually due to DVD issues/issues with dvd drive/firmware), so if that's the case then I doubt 1.04 will install as well.

Nope, not in my case...I reinstalled the game successfully several times and patch 1.02 installed fine, the game runs without problems...but after nearly a month of trying to get 1.03 to work it still will not. :confused:

Nope, not in my case...I reinstalled the game successfully several times and patch 1.02 installed fine, the game runs without problems...but after nearly a month of trying to get 1.03 to work it still will not. :confused:

What exactly happens when you try to install 1.03? Surely the installer must show some kind of error.

Re-install game, do not apply patch 1.02, go straight to patch 1.03.

Planck

Try searching troubleshooting for "Cannot commit". I know there's a lot of people that have had that problem, not sure if they found a fix though