Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

Yesterday on a warfare mission: base was build in a clearance. Me was driving through the 10m of wood and knocked some trees down :) And ai? The ai controlled tank tried to to drive round the 10m of wood and use a very big detour through more wooden area :(

The game is playable now, graphical issues mostly fixed. I get a random problem sometimes when the screen whites out, then goes back to normal. This has the same sort of effects as looking at darker/brighter things.

Garbage.

I honestly am starting to care less and less about this micro AI crap since my guys can't even follow simple orders. I tell Ohara to go to a spot around a corner and what does he do? he runs off around a different building and gets lit up, I have to drag his sorry ass back and first aid him. Then I give up and decide to pull back and does he follow me? NOPE. He just lays down occasionally and runs back and forth by a fence.

I'm sorry but having AI take cover slightly better does not make up for them being complete morons at maneuvering.

But on the bright side the campaign is seemingly playable, except of course for my stupid squad, and not being able to give commands during dialog. Improving but not good yet. Had it been released like THIS I could kind of understand...:j:

Simply put, AI needs to learn how to go EXACTLY were I tell them, not just near the building or on the other side. They also suck at picking safe routes. Moving a little to find cover is cool but when they randomly take off and get killed... well that's when I put another game in.

Unfortunatly you have to be very good and very distinct in commanding the ai, for instance, putting them in "danger" mode prevents them from walking into enemy fire. I really wish they were smart enough to do it for themselves, but as a happy medium you can put them in aware mode but if you put them in aware or danger then you'll have to wait forever for them, so getting in the habit of fast switching is good

All my problems so far are single player... with 1.0.3

Sometimes when i switch to one of my teammates my squad leader tells all to get into the vehicle. That is a royal pain because then they run to the vehicle from wherever they were.

The ai pilots love to crash planes... eaven in cutscens.

gotta agree

while this patch did fix a couple things (Manhattan issues) it made more problems for me

- still can't finish the campaign due to the immortal issues

- stability has fallen a lot. use to never have problems with save games now it seems that after playing 30mins, my save games become corrupt so i have to go through the files, delete the newest one and start again

- frps seem to have also fallen quite a bit

- missions i have already beaten play out strangely when i replay them now

- is it me or can no one build beyond a light factory now? in badlands in 1.00 i was able to build tanks and even a heliport (tho i couldnt build choppers). now with 1.03 i can only build up to a light factory

was looking forward to this game so much and im noticing the dvd is starting to get shoved to the back of the desk more and more

egh....im gonna go play OFP lol

For me, because I have two quad cores (16 virtual cores), ARMA2 wouldn't even launch, so thanks to this patch I can actually play now, so this patch did exceed my expectations. I was worried that I wouldn't see a patch for 8-core+ systems anytime soon. ^_^

Dissatisfied. I wouldn't even call this a patch. A patch implies that you are progessing the game, and putting a cover on the problems so they dont exist. What you've done is took a piss in hole, and then covered the hole with tissue paper. To add to the insult, you announced your developing operation arrowhead. If I remember correctly, you've still got a unfinished game somwhere......

We waited for a month or so, hoping that patch 1.03 would fix some major issue's, but all you've presented me with is a big list of small problems that could be ignored frankly, and the big one's were nowhere to be seen on this list.

The only issue that's affected me that you've managed to fix is the tree vs rockets. And you didnt even fix that entirely, leaving grenades out of the picture. Major issue's such as VoN crashing, performance issue's, smoke grenades, Tank's that can be killed by 400 7.62 rounds still exist. The worst part is that these problems were not present by the end of Arma 1's life, but because for some unknown you have to make a whole new (and untested) system.

The worst part is that VoN is a crucial component of most games today, and in the patch 1.04 issue's, you've given no mention of it. I really hope you pull your fingers out your arses and these major issue's. Or you could do the sensible thing and port the working elements ( Note the "working" part)

as a temporary measure until you could dig yourself out of the hole of coding you've got yourself's stuck in.

To sum up for those who can't be bovered to read, I'm not happy.

gotta agree

while this patch did fix a couple things (Manhattan issues) it made more problems for me

- still can't finish the campaign due to the immortal issues

- stability has fallen a lot. use to never have problems with save games now it seems that after playing 30mins, my save games become corrupt so i have to go through the files, delete the newest one and start again

- frps seem to have also fallen quite a bit

- missions i have already beaten play out strangely when i replay them now

- is it me or can no one build beyond a light factory now? in badlands in 1.00 i was able to build tanks and even a heliport (tho i couldnt build choppers). now with 1.03 i can only build up to a light factory

was looking forward to this game so much and im noticing the dvd is starting to get shoved to the back of the desk more and more

egh....im gonna go play OFP lol

This happened to me aswell although the opfor could build the heavy factory so i was fighting against T72's and BMP's with only infantry and a few brdm's lol. I had to unpbo the mission files and edited it in my favour with cheap armour and all factories at my disposal.

Voted bad as LOD problems havent got any better. Brown bushes and trees have very bad LODs like those forget to change when u get closer. I wouldnt mind about bad gfx quality, but those problems prevent me to see behind foliage and that makes game unplayable :(

I hadn't added this in my previous posts, but yes, The 'crackling sound' problem has materialised since the patch.. I've tried it with and without the vop sound mod and I still get it whatever.. so its not just mod related. Certainly didn't happen before the patch was applied.. hope for a fix soon guys.. :)

BIS mentioned that they're aware of the sound bug. Lower you ingame volume settings below 50% and raise volume on your speakers/headphones (or windows volume)

I don't think you were ever meant to be able to build anything more than a light factory in the Badlands mission, and I honestly never tried. It's just a small introductory warfare mission, the big stuff is for later on.

For the VoN issues, hopefully it gets fixed, but personally I use Ventrilo (much better than any game VoN/VoIP)

Look, it was only 3 weeks since patch 1.02 came out.

There's no way that even a fraction of the bugs raised on dev-heaven would have been addressed in a couple of weeks.

We all know Arma2 was a buggy mess when it was released, but to expect the majority of gameplay "features" to be sorted is unreasonable.

BTW I am not excusing BIS... I still say their project planning was crap and they are using the community as free beta testers.... more to follow

MAKE THE CRASHES GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!! making me crazy! All i want to do is play the fkin game! Unplayable now after patch, 5mins and its crashing.

Same here. My game freezes frequently in MP since 1.02. I hoped they will fix it in 1.03 because ist a real showstopper for me, but they did not. So I voted bad.

Looking at the poll, the "bad" votes are overwhelming. I suspect the poll results are misleading though (and you guys KNOW I'm no BIS fanboy trying to sweep things under the carpet) - people are complaining about things that the patch did not address, and IMHO that's wrong.

Did the patch fix what it said it would fix? If so then you should vote YES [i am satisfied] on the poll. If the patch made the game worse or broke something else, vote NO [i am not satisfied].

As I said before, you can't fix every bug listed on dev-heaven in a couple of weeks, patch development is an incremental process.

In the software dev world, defects (we prefer to call them "issues") have to be prioritised, assigned and then fixed, then regression tested to ensure that the fix doesn't break anything else. That takes time and of course if you find new bugs they have to be entered on the issue list, prioritised, scheduled etc.

Sorry for stating the obvious but there's some comments here about some things that aren't in the patch list, and I think there's some confusion.

BTW, I will vote No, because now, some soldiers take 6 bullets before they drop!! :)

I reckon if you are passionate about fixing Arma2 proper then you should go to http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/cis and report your bugs ASAP. Fanboy or not, help get the game patched up so you can get your money's worth!

Edit: sorry, by "Yes" I mean you are satisified and by "No" - you get the drift. Durr, I posted it without thinking.... lmao

Edited by Zombie_Mod
Wrong URL, duh

BTW, I will vote No, because now, some soldiers take 6 bullets before they drop!!

I have noticed this too with some guns. In particular the XM series. Not just in this patch but since the beginning. You are the first person I have seen mention it though. What's the deal, any one else getting this?

I haven't voted yet, because I haven't gone through the game enough to see if all of the things I consider bugs are fixed due to lack of time.

My biggest concern is the Ai behaviour. To me I expected the Ai to have more "i". Instead of just saying "the ai aren't realistic enough" I will try to be specific.

- I place a group of RU solders with a move waypoint and shoot at them. Some of the solders respond (find cover, counter-attack) but most of them either stand there or simply drop to the ground without cover and wait for their death.

- Driving still seems like it needs more improvements. I haven't done enough testing to see how the Ai fly vehicles.

- Ai still have abilities to see through grass even though i'm prone in a wheat field.

I could add more but i'm off to drink beer in Belvaria. Thinking about going to prauge this weekend, maybe I'll locate the BI office with my laptop and demonstrate. ;)

Overall I am happy with the system performance of the game but I have a 4Ghz i7 with 4890. Please don't give up on us BIS, we still love you and know you'll figure it out.

Same here. My game freezes frequently in MP since 1.02. I hoped they will fix it in 1.03 because ist a real showstopper for me, but they did not. So I voted bad.

Have you tested your system with Prime95 as I wrote here already? I seem to have no stability problems with 1.03

I voted BAD :mad:,

because after patching to 1.03 there where a lot more Probs for me than before. Besides the usually known Probs ( lags in urban territory etc. ), for me ArmA II was unplayable after installing the Patch. The Game crashed about one minute after joining a MP Session.

Only the COMPLETE Reinstall of ArmA II solved the Problem. I wish to let you know that my ArmA II was completly native. There where NO Mods, Add ons etc. running.

Greetz,

Steiner

I have noticed this too with some guns. In particular the XM series. Not just in this patch but since the beginning. You are the first person I have seen mention it though. What's the deal, any one else getting this?

I'll tell you where this happened - in one of the early missions, I can't remember its name, there is a Doctor being held hostage along with some "friendly" troops by a hut.

The doctor is being guarded by 2 soldiers. I snuck up behind one of the soldiers and shot him - he didn't drop. He kept talking! And so did his mate! So I fired another 5 bullets and that dropped him alright.

I tried to repeat the issue and capture it on FRAPS but could not, the soldier dropped with the first shot. I am wondering if OFP's collision detection doesn't execute every frame, but rather every N millisecs or so, hence the delayed dropping of the soldier? Makes sense, checking for 1000s of collisions every frame would choke a Cray supercomputer :D

I'll tell you where this happened - in one of the early missions, I can't remember its name, there is a Doctor being held hostage along with some "friendly" troops by a hut.

The doctor is being guarded by 2 soldiers. I snuck up behind one of the soldiers and shot him - he didn't drop. He kept talking! And so did his mate! So I fired another 5 bullets and that dropped him alright.

I tried to repeat the issue and capture it on FRAPS but could not, the soldier dropped with the first shot. I am wondering if OFP's collision detection doesn't execute every frame, but rather every N millisecs or so, hence the delayed dropping of the soldier? Makes sense, checking for 1000s of collisions every frame would choke a Cray supercomputer :D

I had something similar happen last night. I was playing with Secops and a Force Recon Team.

I told my marksman to hit the grenadier who was standing still by one of those fuel depot things. Marksman fires. Puff of blood. "Target Eliminated!" I'm watching from behind my Marksman... "uh he is still standing and didn't even seem to notice getting shot." About 15-20 seconds later he fell over.

I reckon if you are passionate about fixing Arma2 proper then you should go to http://dev-heaven.net/cis and report your bugs ASAP. Fanboy or not, help get the game patched up so you can get your money's worth!

This link didn't work, and all I could find off the root was a stale forum.

I'd love to know there is a place the devs frequently visit with a list of bugs so I can either confirm or report my issues.

I don't need any sort of commitment to a fix date or patch cycle, just to know it's on a to-do list, with perhaps a priority as gravy.

I normally don't concern myself with bugs after the first patch or 2 as they tend to be minor, but I'm finding in Arma they are anything but minor.

I'm new to Arma, but it was a love at first sight, the game I've been waiting all my life for deal. But the more I play it, the more I feel the bugs need to be smashed before they ruin the game's reputation and damage the franchise. That happened to the one other game I'm passionate about, World War II Online, and it's a damn shame because you can't recover even when you do get it fixed.

This link didn't work, and all I could find off the root was a stale forum.

I'd love to know there is a place the devs frequently visit with a list of bugs so I can either confirm or report my issues.

I don't need any sort of commitment to a fix date or patch cycle, just to know it's on a to-do list, with perhaps a priority as gravy.

I normally don't concern myself with bugs after the first patch or 2 as they tend to be minor, but I'm finding in Arma they are anything but minor.

I'm new to Arma, but it was a love at first sight, the game I've been waiting all my life for deal. But the more I play it, the more I feel the bugs need to be smashed before they ruin the game's reputation and damage the franchise. That happened to the one other game I'm passionate about, World War II Online, and it's a damn shame because you can't recover even when you do get it fixed.

My bad. Once again I rush a post :)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/cis

I would have sworn the /cis shortcut worked before, oh well.

The BIS team do use that site.

And you share my sentiments regarding the bugs.

To be honest and if anyone cares, i really thing theres and huge difference from Multi Player game and single player or in editor.

The game runs (on old systems) really bad in Multi Player compared to single player or in editor.

In MP is always worst! :(

Runs very well on my fairly old system. Perfectly stable and fine FPS.

Q6600, 9800 GT