Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

I think it made official campaign playable for me (DoW: units can't move, conversation cannot begin..), but still I'm a little bit disappointed - I went for the first target in Dogs of War, Pustoshka, but I cannot capture any strongpoints, why?

The campaign seems playable, hay doesn't stop tanks anymore, maybe a little framerate increase for me... I have no stability issues but I haven't tested it for a longer time yet. I rate this patch "good".

But it's a shame there are some new bugs that 1.03 brings (immortal Prizrak in the campaign, smoke grenades bug) ... I just hope it will be fixed quickly (at least in less time than a month).

The campaign seems playable, hay doesn't stop tanks anymore, maybe a little framerate increase for me... I have no stability issues but I haven't tested it for a longer time yet. I rate this patch "good".

But it's a shame there are some new bugs that 1.03 brings (immortal Prizrak in the campaign, smoke grenades bug) ... I just hope it will be fixed quickly (at least in less time than a month).

Theres been 3 patches for the Sims 3 since mid July...very different game, yes, I know...I'm just stating.

Lets hope theres a 1.04 out within a few weeks!

This is again a BAD patch

Graphics are worse then ever I always had a smooth game now it just ruins everything

And for some reason i get the out of memory error.Dont know what they did but they need to fix it quickly!!!!

3 patches out and still needs tons of work, it will take a while so i think i'll save it for later.. like 1.7 or 1.9. Havent played OPF:R in a while :) ..

The flight seems the same as 1.02 and the building destruction looks the exact same. Can anybody shed some light on what these actually changed in 1.03?

Did you care to read the changelog?

Voted good actually. Before the game was unplayable due to the "receiving" bug in MP. However, I think I managed to resolve this just by updating my gfx drivers (shame on me). But, "receiving" certainly didn't 'sound' like a gfx bug. Oh well. But if the game fixes it, all the better.

I had serious issues with performance near certain trees, also with 1.03. But this seemed to fix itself when I changed from high videomemory to default in the graphics settings.

This all sounds pretty good. However, near the large coastal towns, performance hits framerates of single digits.

I've been playing a lot lately, and the only crash I've had has been when the server crashed (with Domination mission in Elektrosomething... I think). To me, Arma2 seems pretty damn stable.

I haven't got very far in the campaign yet, but I still have problems with Razor Two mission. If I don't catch him (haven't succeeded so far in about 20 tries), the mission suddenly ends with textual messages racing by. And with no possible reverts other than to restart and do it all from scratch.

Still many bugs to be adressed though.

I'm not satisfied too. How can it be that this game isn't using the multicore support more effiently? I don't know any dualcore or quadcore machine that runs ArmA II as it should be. For example I've a got a Q9550 at 3.4 Ghz. Still ArmA II is only running 50 to 60 % cpu load (using all 4 cores but having a load of 20 to 30 % on each core!) while the hell is going on ingame (much AI, huge terrain, many objects). I don't think my GTX 275 is limiting. There are plenty of users that have a Core i7 which isn't running well too.

To make it worse, even our simple 1.8 ghz dual core windows server isn't running at full load. And again, no more cpu load than 50 to 60 %. :(

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

Had to go for "BAD" as well.

I'm running only a double core AMD 2.2Ghz and still with 1.02 I managed to tune the game quite enjoyable. It looked fine and I had no major problems with it.

Now with 1.03 I look at screen and it looks I'm playing OFP again... just with worse graphics and awful lag.

:(

I found myself back on our ArmA1 server on friday night. It was good to be back.

Loading, waiting, playing , crashing, loading ,waiting, playing , crashing, loading ,waiting, playing , crashing repeat ad nauseum.

Gunna give it a miss for a while, not worth the frustration.

I think it's great that they fixed the campaign, which from all I heard is really good - but many can't play any decent sized campaign mission due to CPU overload, so without performance optimizing, campaign fixes themself are pretty useless.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I don't have many technical problems,but my beef remains the AI.

Mi-24 Hinds(all models) are still complete buckets of bolts,very often don't engage armor(compare that to Ka-52 or Cobra) and it appears the flying it's still broken as always same old crap,when ordered to stop they hover another 2-3km,they still love so much buildings and trees.Sorry but unless I'm in command,the AI it's pure crap at flying.

AI driving vehicles even with safe command it's still terrible.

These problems basically makes my missions unplayable,I can't count on air support,I can count on ground support but praying those trucks full of troops don't get stucked into a building or something.They didn't even fix the arty module.

Right now if I want to play Arma 2 I have two choices,either multiplayer,or one man army in single player missions.

So yes,I'm not very satisfied with 1.03.

Voted Bad.

Whilst the co-op campaign issues have received some attention it is still pretty unplayable.

Over a 3h gaming session we found

- loading/rejoining in co-op has improved from 0% success to about 33% success rate;

- but we sufferred several huge chunks of desynching, where I could not see the host player and other AI NPCs moving around, they were stationery at another location for me;

- AI team buddies still love to kill themselves when we disembark from the chopper, ending the mission (although with the save at any time feature, this is not a huge issue anymore but, really, WTF were the QA guys doing!);

Overall, a slight improvement but trying to play ARMA2 co-op is still a hugely frustrating and time-wasting experience!

Version 1.03 is still not up to Release Candidate standard, if you ask me!

Hello all patch has worked well for me. My guys still follow orders, the enemy is far less all seeing and the campaign is still working. Actually improved one aspect the friendly squad now takes crouch, prone or standing orders, they did not prior to the patch. Enemy is far less superhuman, still annoying but workable.

AI still can not drive, but in any game close to a sim this seems to be an issue, worse here. I found it somewhat hit or miss sometimes great, more often demolition derby.

Helos (campaign) are not a problem for me other than they fly too high, not crashing into trees or other strange behavior. BUT I am very careful when choosing my LZ's, I keep away form buildings, trees and wires.

Overall my performance has stayed the same, no difference for better or worse.

Guys please try this software to test the stability of your system in an extreme conditions:

http://majorgeeks.com/Prime95_d4363.html

Just run it, click "stress testing" on the first question and then run a torture test. Leave it running and if it works for several tens of minutes without error, then you may consider your system to be stable. It would be very good to prove that Arma2 does not crash because of a HW instability.

I recommend also to check your CPU temp with this program (it also shows all voltages, fan speeds and GPU temp) and rather not test it too long with temps over 80°C (but my Q6600 works flawless even with 85°C :)

Not happy with the current state.

2 biggest gripes are:

• crazy script time slicing issue. It either needs: adjustment, or more control by the scripter to adjust this behaviour, or profiling tools (ability to monitor/track performance of every script), or a full explanation of it's internal workings which might reveal better methods or further recommendations.
  • server connection queue and chat queue getting blocked by individual random (clan) members (for some unknown cause at around the 17-19 player count mark) then when they disconnect it resumes the queue. Same issue on 3 independent servers. Can't even start the mission because of this.

Sarge;1395222']thats not true.

The Patch only fixed the Rockets' date=' M203 (or any other 40mm grenades) and explosive HE machine cannon rounds still explode on contact with a bush or a tree.

[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzFPkVoGrs[/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho9l3wF-p-k

(if the videos dont work yet, try later)

... I don't understand the issue?

The grenade goes through bushes, which is normal. The M203 also hits the trunks of tree's, which is also normal.

The M203 isn't a super powered rocket, it's not going to snap a tree in half when it hits. They are like 80-100 mph baseballs that explode (which is the speed of a well thrown "fastball" in baseball), all it's going to do when they impact a tree trunk is blow up.

Now if the 203 round was exploding on the outer leaves where the thick trunk is not located then that would be strange and bad. As far as I know they do not do this.

In any case, I'm a satisifed with 1.03 but I would have liked to see more improvements considering the wait. I'm finally playing the campaign now though, and it's TONS of fun and a lot more deep than I expected it to be. I also never realized just how good my friendly AI was. I tell them to advance with stealth/danger through some woods twoards an enemy encampment and they all go one by one, stealthily and tactfully to the waypoint I issue (or to the formation if I tell them to follow), while staying low and using the trees for cover, AND while covering each other. Very impressed.

The AI not being super-soldiers now is also much appreciated, though I still have to test it out more.

I laugh though at most of the people in this thread saying REALLY stupid minor stuff like the stars being too big with NVG's enabled as "MAJOR ISSUES". You guys need to unbunch your panties for a bit and realize that's not really a pressing issue at all, and infact it's a totally minor cosmetic one.

I agree though, the stars are a little over-done in NVG (I know, I own a NVG monicle and all it does it make the stars more contrasted against the black sky, not big or larger). But a major issue? Hell no. I'd rather have some other things looked into first, such as some kind of "grass layer" for distances or the rather terrible performance with several bushes/trees being fixed.

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

I'm not satisfied too. How can it be that this game isn't using the multicore support more effiently? I don't know any dualcore or quadcore machine that runs ArmA II as it should be. For example I've a got a Q9550 at 3.4 Ghz. Still ArmA II is only running 50 to 60 % cpu load (using all 4 cores but having a load of 20 to 30 % on each core!) while the hell is going on ingame (much AI, huge terrain, many objects). I don't think my GTX 275 is limiting. There are plenty of users that have a Core i7 which isn't running well too.

To make it worse, even our simple 1.8 ghz dual core windows server isn't running at full load. And again, no more cpu load than 50 to 60 %. :(

I don't know if you know anything about computers (it doesn't sound like you do) but having it so 20-30% load on each core means the game is VERY optimized and IS using your multicore processor to the max. If it runs choppy, it's something else that's the issue. Personally I think it has to do with the fact that the game might rely way to much on fetching data to the HDD... which is the SLOWEST component in any modern day computer.

I'd rather have all my cores at 100% load on my QX6850 than have a game rely on fetching all the data off the hard-drive. But then again with 225km^2 of map... is there any better way to do it? Surely there must be?

Edited by KorJax

the grenades don't go through the bushes, that is the problem!

they explode when they hit the LEAFES of the bushes, you realy should watch the videos again.

It seems to me you never realy tried to bombard an infantry squad hidden behind some bushes, do you?

I assume you haven't, because you would know what the videos are showing.

I shot 40mm grenades in real life with a HK 69 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_HK69A1 , its like getting a jack hammer rammed into your shoulders and I accidently shattered a door frame on a distance of 50 meters with just a training round.....so the grenades have ALOT of oomph....not to mention what you can expect from an automatic grenade launcher like the GMG 40 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_GMG, the ammo has a larger cartridge

you can make some serious injuries to a human body with it from a shorter distance, without the grenades exploding.

so a bush realy shouldnt be so much of a problem, should it?

and Legislator has more PC knowledge as you might expect + he was playing Arma 2 long before you did (you didnt read the handbook completely)

besides, my Dual Core was maxed out while running arma 2 with a crappy frame rate, my Q9550 doesnt make the game run significantly faster, but uses alot less of its computing power........ better hardware for what do I ask?

Edited by [GLT]Sarge

That's right ... there are some users that use Win7 + solid state discs and even they don't get better performance in general. It's all about ArmA II not using existing hardware ressources efficiently enough. Of course a clean and healthy system will help, but it won't solve any problem.

reporting corrupted sounds (first SP mission) after installing 1.03. performance still much worse than in demo. besides, after uptading my video driver to 190.38, im gettig such a screen when the game starts:

arma22009081111290759c.jpg

at least the framerate is finally great :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by funkee

The enemy vehicles shoot me fine, but my friendly crew as gunners (in a vehicle) and myself as driver is very hit and miss. This is very frustrating as I have to micro manage the vehicle crew by swapping between gunner and driver all the time and go in and out of first to third person view as well when swapping.....driving me nuts!

Why can't the friendly crew be as good as the enemy in shooting back? They are a gunner crew they should be better than me in shooting! My gunner crew often just ignore a vehicle right in front of them (while they happily shoot us!) and my right click to target the enemies is so random? even for vehicles right in front of us?

My squad on foot is now fine in 1.03 and I enjoy that part on the game (good work guys...finially). But using vechiles is frustrating and so random, yet I feel I have to use them to take over towns in 'dogs of war' because of so much enemy armour. There needs to be some work in letting the AI follow roads more easily as they often fall behind because of hitting trees, walls and houses? are the crews trained to drive these vehicles? If I could slap the gun crew I would....idiots

Makes it hard to enjoy the game when they are that dumb and you have to micro manage them to survive. I would prefer they do the vehicle fighting and just drop my squad off on foot when I get to the destination. Isn't that what a vehicle crew do?

I will persist...as the game does shine at times and I do get enjoyment from it. Just please oh please continue to patch this game to improve it as it has such potential that is starting to now become a reality.

i am very very angry. i've been waiting for patch 1 month, and now ?! prizrak is immortal WTF ??? :eek:

can you make a hotfix or something like that ? i don't want to wait another month for a patch 1.04

uaghrrr !!! :mad::mad::mad:

Sarge;1400850']the grenades don't go through the bushes' date=' that is the problem!

they explode when they hit the LEAFES of the bushes, you realy should watch the videos again.

It seems to me you never realy tried to bombard an infantry squad hidden behind some bushes, do you?

I assume you haven't, because you would know what the videos are showing.

I shot 40mm grenades in real life with a HK 69 [url']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_HK69A1[/url] , its like getting a jack hammer rammed into your shoulders and I accidently shattered a door frame on a distance of 50 meters with just a training round.....so the grenades have ALOT of oomph....not to mention what you can expect from an automatic grenade launcher like the GMG 40 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_GMG, the ammo has a larger cartridge

you can make some serious injuries to a human body with it from a shorter distance, without the grenades exploding.

so a bush realy shouldnt be so much of a problem, should it?

and Legislator has more PC knowledge as you might expect + he was playing Arma 2 long before you did (you didnt read the handbook completely)

besides, my Dual Core was maxed out while running arma 2 with a crappy frame rate, my Q9550 doesnt make the game run significantly faster, but uses alot less of its computing power........ better hardware for what do I ask?

The second video (which I didn't see) shows the issue well, you are right. A grenade round fired from an APC should go through bushes.

The first video though showed you firing 203 rounds and they clearly went through the bushes, just impacted agianst the tree trunks, which appeared to be correct.

Seems like an unintended bug since it works for some things but not others, I'm sure it'll get patched. Like maybe the game is reading them as "generic grenade" instead of being as a "slow rocket" so it blocks the collision for the grenade launched rounds.

Totally not satisfied with the patch, See http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82964 you broke MP sessions for steam users... Plz provide a quick fix for Steam users, WE ALL are experiencing the same issues.

Also, the community seems to agree so far that this patch, although nice work, needs more work...I understand that patching, working with codes, the ability to brake more things then fixing it is more obvious. I wish you keep trying. I would hate to put this sim/game on the shelf for bad support... It has so much potentials.

Edited by Moose_Qc