Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

This is driving me insane. I'm pretty sure I was able to destroy T-72 and T-90 tanks with Javelin before patch 1.03. Now it won't blow. It's not even damaged enough for the AIs to get out.

Hi all

Unable to reproduce. Just tested ArmA II 1.03 Javelin against T72 and T90 both resulted in full kill on a single shot.

If you want to prove what you say is true provide an example mission. As it may be a particular weird circumstance.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I get an annoying sound when I use full auto fire. It sounds like a 'ground loop hum' and it's ended by a crack. It's present with most of the weapons.

Considering the game still has so many issues I'm not impressed with the patch. Only a fraction of the bugs/flaws were addressed.

I love the game but it'll take some time before it's bug free and balanced.

Hey Walk. =)

Drop me a line sometime.

My patch satisfaction is fine... everything surrounding the delivery is not. It cost me an evening of game play with friends and resulted in the cancellation of a tourny practise.

-Joel

a.k.a. Jostapo

Quick study.

THE GOOD:

-Performance seems better to me. Not much but its an improvement!

-AI hearing lowered was very welcomed. Very nice!

-Rockets can shoot through vegetation now is also very welcomed! However would like HE ammo from example helicopters to do the same. They seem to very often pop by hitting leafs.

THE BAD:

The sound is "broken". Auto fire from rifle will distort and destroy the sound. Stop firing and it comes back after a while. Lots of sounds trigger this distortion. Tested with lower volumes etc - no go. It was present in 1.02 but very rare. Now everytime there is firing from weapons it distorts. Serious issue.

Havent tested a lot yet, but these are what i found out so far. The only real bad is the sound that now is broken. Hope the issue gets found by BIS fast and that we will have a hotfix for it. Keep on trucking BIS. It will get there. :)

I shall return with more info.

Alex

The analogue throttle is really only for planes, not helicopters? ->bad

And it isn't really that good for VTOL use either. I had better control with the old style throttle / brake config and kept it that way until they probably fix it.

Like the new patch, but i still got my little personal issues, just a few seem to have them too.

Antialiasing finally works and makes the game look even greater, the campaign i haven't tested jet, but if it's working: great! So overall an improvement.

Leaves of bushes are no longer an shield against Rockets, m203, explosive rounds etc, but a normal branch still provides great cover. I mean i don't know if an explosive round will get triggered, an explosive tank round or an m203 for instance, but if it would be triggered, the cover would get torn to peaces, and the second round would fly trough, which doesn't happen. So i don't see the point of a little bush even triggering explosive rounds.

Second, still if you are crouched with an weapon, the animation is like he doesn't care how the weapon wanders around, aiming in crouched position is like pissing against the wind. You just get hit and don't hit what you are aiming for. I don't think we got an official statement if it's a bug or a feature, but i definitely try to reason against.

And some little things like if you're in a su-25, the crosshair isn't lined up with the optics, wooden/corrugated iron fences, road signs etc stop bullets or deflect them like they penetrated a tree (12.7 is needed to penetrate what you could penetrate with 5.56), you can't buy an empty vehicle in warfare and so many things just arent there, money sending you can't even choose how much you want to give, there has been promised a great new thing how you are hidden in the gras for distand enemys, things from arma didn't made it to arma2 like the shadow in the smoke and some "fixed in arma, back in arma2" bugs are back again, like the ass shaking planes at high speed. So many things are not explained anywhere, like the game-logic for city, city center, city connection. In the changelog there stands something about a fix in the 3D editor, but the 3D editor doesn't really work (which has allso been said it will be in the game). I have nothing against reasoned saying, that something didn't make it, but it will come later, where working at this at the moment etc. I know you decide, but i would find it nice to have a certain communication.

Maybe many questions or problems i have, i could search and read so many posts in this forum and spend days reading nonsense. Maybe i might find something interesting. I appreciate the work all of the involved are doing and i really like how the game shapes, you are working at modding tools, fixing bugs, making the server, but i think nowbody of the "ordinary mortals" really know what's going on, there's nearly no official communication and if i'm lucky i stumble over something in this forum, but that is all.

Yes i wrote a hudge text, maybe in the wrong discussion, but it feels like a death statement in arma that sounds something like this: A lot of good work gets lost, because the lack of little bit more work.

(And i definitely can understand how shitty it is to tweak such a hudge thing in the last part of the projekt, maybe not really the overview over all the things and people moaning about how to do it better)

What ever

Ra!dar

(ps: I LOVE the game :D)

Hi all

Unable to reproduce. Just tested ArmA II 1.03 Javelin against T72 and T90 both resulted in full kill on a single shot.

If you want to prove what you say is true provide and an example mission. As it may be a particular weird circumstance.

Kind Regards walker

I still can't kill it with 1 Javelin.

Also, I need 15 x 105mm HE grenades to blow up a civilian car. (Car moving 50kmh)

Edit: Need 10 x 105mm HE grenades to blow up a civilian car. (Car moving 10kmh)

Edited by MulleDK19

Sorry BIS, but read my signature. As someone here have already said: finally, that rainbow bug is fixed (ha ha).

Unsatisfied.

This patch solved all those bugs BIS promised us they would solve, so I'm completely satisfacted =)

However, performance can be improved (a lot) and AI driving skill (and AI generally speaking) too. We'll wait for the 1.04 patch

Edited by otreblA_SNAKE_[ITA]

its OK for campaign fixes & AI fixes i suppose but performance either did not change or only made it run worse for most people. i thought i was seeing a difference until i started getting low fps in some parts of the map, other then the big cities :(

Wow such diversity (backing up game before install). Some say the AI are now Ubersoldiers with X-ray vision, and some saying that bricks are smarter, others say they're just perfect. What gives?

I still can't kill it with 1 Javelin.

Also, I need 15 x 105mm HE grenades to blow up a civilian car. (Car moving 50kmh)

Edit: Need 10 x 105mm HE grenades to blow up a civilian car. (Car moving 10kmh)

15-20 x 105mm HE grenades to destroy a T-72 (Tank moving 0kmh)

Edit: If an AI shoots a javelin on a T-72 it blows in one hit. If I shoot it myself with a javelin, it doesn't blow.

Edited by MulleDK19

yeah ive spoken to Ohara about the broken sound, he said he will try to pass the message onto their sound programmer. :)

15-20 x 105mm HE grenades to destroy a T-72 (Tank moving 0kmh)

Edit: If an AI shoots a javelin on a T-72 it blows in one hit. If I shoot it myself with a javelin, it doesn't blow.

FFS! This patch makes the game completely unplayable.

Difficulty: Regular, Default settings

Me: Javelin Anti-Tank Soldier

Enemy: Manned T-72

Required fire-power to destroy the enemy: 3 Javelin Rockets.

Edit: Sometimes it appears to blow on the first hit.

Gone from stutter free to having a single serious bad stutter/frame freeze ever minute or so...Patch was a step in the wrong direction for me.

I voted that i haven't seen any real improvements.

AI still sees "appears" to see through grass/foliage/smoke grenades

Stars in NVG still looks absolutely ridiclious. Shame after you go to such lengths placing 9000 stars in real positions and make them look awesome without NVG. But turn on NVG and they are far far far too big. And glow almost the same size as the moon. It's just looks wrong, don't think much of the artist who said this was ok!

Still no countermeasures what so ever for planes/helis.

Flares in NVG cause so so many probs (dunno if this was fixed in 1.03 tbh)

There the main problems to me, and most of the community. A lot of people have been maoning about these, as well as performance issues.

The only thing i have noticed performance wise, is that it seems slightly more stable with hyperthreading turned on, on my quad core i7.

Still so many issues to sort out Bohemia, and from what i have read already regarding 1.03 it's causing more problems than it's fixed? 6 weeks we've patiently waited...for what? :eek:

Great ! No more lag when flying over the ocean and the larger coastal cities.

I voted for good, cause there are still some issues which really have to be fixed.

The AI no more doesn't hear every leaf falling down. Great job! Makes battles a bit longer and enjoyable :)

But I've still the feeling that the AI sees too much through vegetation.

This is a video from patch 1.02, the distance by the time being spotted was around 70m:

Now I ran the same test with patch 1.03. The distance decreased to 50m which is a good improvement, but I wouldn't think that someone can be spotted without movement in such an environment.

Another point is that my performance with vegetation objects (especially the red trees & bushes) is still very bad. I know the problem from ArmA1 where there was at first the same issues, since it got fixed in a later patch. But since this wasn't a performance patch I think it doesn't weigh too heavy for this time.

There still sound issues with the game, even some ppl got new ones with 1.03. Look here for further investigation:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77880

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82780

Edited by LeadCommando65

Since 1.03, it takes (at least for me) 3 SMAW-HEDP. And by then, the crew has already gotten out and are all fine. Things doesn't blow up, AIs takes 5-15 seconds to fall over after being shot. AIs blown away get's stuck in the air (like 100 meters up)

It doesn't happen always, but a lot.

You're using the wrong SMAW rockets, use the anti-armour ones.

I voted bad - Because of the horrible sound distortion whenever automatic wpns are fired. Another dissapointment is The former SuperHuman AI, that have now become SuperDumb AI. On the plus side Team switch works now. Unfourtunatly, until the sound is fixed ArmA2 is unplayable.

Please fix the sound

Leaves of bushes are no longer an shield against Rockets, m203, explosive rounds etc(ps: I LOVE the game :D)

thats not true.

The Patch only fixed the Rockets, M203 (or any other 40mm grenades) and explosive HE machine cannon rounds still explode on contact with a bush or a tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzFPkVoGrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho9l3wF-p-k

(if the videos dont work yet, try later)

Sarge;1395222']thats not true.

The Patch only fixed the Rockets' date=' M203 (or any other 40mm grenades) and explosive HE machine cannon rounds still explode on contact with a bush or a tree.

[/quote']

The leaves don't trigger anymore, but i think the middle small branches do, i didn't tested all the weapons. Before every contact with any part of the tree triggered imho, but i'm not sure. The same with the rockets.

Grtz Ra!dar

Edit: As you see in your second clip, some of the rounds don't explode in the bushes and in the first one, if you don't hit any branches, the m203 flys through the bush.

Edited by Ra!dar

I inititially thought 1.03 was causing me some odd graphic glitches, but I discovered I had Physx turned on by mistake (I usually leave it off). With that disabled again the graphic oddities with 1.03 have gone away. So far I've played for about an hour and 15min total. Last night for 45min with the Physx thing mistakenly on I had graphic issues and two "arma2 has stopped working" issues. This morning I played for a further 30min and (with Physx off) had no graphic issues and no CTD's in the campaign, though I'll have to play longer to see if any crashes begin happening.

Performance wise I've noticed an improvement. I restarted the campaign with 1.03 and am on the mission where we've just entered Chegnorsk (sp?) and are patrolling across the city. With the settings as outlined in my sig, frame rates hover around 30 at all times which is great. They dipped into the mid to low 20's with 1.02. Frame rates in single missions and the editor are through the roof, as was the case before 1.03.

More testing required, but so far I'm very pleased with 1.03.

Edit: As you see in your second clip, some of the rounds don't explode in the bushes and in the first one, if you don't hit any branches, the m203 flys through the bush.

The first couple of rounds I was to close, so some of the grenades just fell to the ground.

The one that goes through the top of that orange leafed tree explodes behind it on another tree, you have to watch closely to see it though.

I keep it like I said, rockets seem to work, grenades and HE still dont.