Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Patch 1.03 Satisfaction Survey

How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?  

730 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with patch 1.03 overall?

• - Great: I am very satisfied with the patch, it matched or exceeded my expectations
    • - Good: I am satisfied with the patch, but I hoped for more
    • - Do not care: I have installed the patch, but I did not notice any improvements worth noting
    • - Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

I have tried to read the patch feedback thread, however the thread is way too long and disorganized for my busy and systematic brain. :) That is why I start this Patch 1.02 Satisfaction and Stability Surveys.

I will leave comments enabled for now, but please, keep your comments short and factual, otherwise I will disable them and leave it as poll only.

So we do the same as above for 1.03

No dedicated server exe with patch - bad :(

Yes it sucks.

But that's irrelevant to the specific question of 1.03 patch satisfaction.

I voted for "Bad" because all what had been driving me mad before the release (serious graphical bugs with ATI 4800 series) are still there + some new ones. The game is still unplayable for me:mad::mad:

Thanks for the patch which seems great for me. Campaign works again for NAPA followers and change log is massive.

Nothing improved in performance, but at least campaign looks full playable.

Voted bad because of the analoge throttle nightmare.

I really can't believe that features that worked in OFP now need month/years for re-establishment AND bring new bugs like the one with helicopter steering.

MfG Lee

*voted bad*

-No Server.exe

-UH1Y cockpit window get´s blue´d out by shader if sun is behind the chopper (havent checked the other helo´s but i´m prepared for the worst)

-using FirstAid module wounded/shot players still have full control (turning/shooting) when shot while being on a turret, but cannot get out

-animation LOD´s still exist (rabbits 2 stage "brokeback" animation is bad already, but stop motion´esque soldiers are even worse)

-still poor performance in large towns

-still objects going white for a moment, loading normal map or wahtever, and then going back to textured

I´m fed finding those bugs and also writing about them.

Was really hoping to see some good improvements in 1.03 ...

Edited by Mr Burns

Yes it sucks.

But that's irrelevant to the specific question of 1.03 patch satisfaction.

Its relevant because not everyone uses SP mode, MP is the most popular & feeds bis's bank acc & ego's. If there is no MP with 1.03 how are the suckers who bought arma2 supposed to beta test all the magicial bugfixs mentioned about MP that are included in the 1.03 patch. i.e stuck on rec.

I like alot people wont be installing 1.03 till we can play MP, wakeup bis & get a grip before you totally stuff up your reputation. Get rid of the 1/2wit beta testers you employ would be the greatest advance you could make & find some that actually know what their doing. LISTEN more to the people BUYING your products & definetly communicate more with them so they dont feel like their being ignored or abandoned. A little PR goes along way.

Nothing improved in performance, but at least campaign looks full playable.
Exactly. I voted: Bad: I am not satisfied with the patch

I voted GOOD.

The terrible load stutter in the big cities is now gone... HOOOORAY!!!

Also seems like I gained one or two FPS in general.

LOD on some tree models are still inconsistent though.

Modules and campaign still have to be tested.

Thanks,

Laggy

where is the fix for mouse lag?! :confused::confused::confused:

Horrible patch!

Edited by Leopardi

Wouldn't know, haven't been able to play online since clients are now 100% desync'd from servers....

If the execution of this patch is included in the satisfaction part then i need an option that's worse than bad. Us Steam users got absolutely raped by this patch and we can't even play on our servers to soothe the blow from a poorly executed update...

You BI fella's are having a laugh right?

You have the ordasity to ask what we think of a patch that has no dedicated server updates, so unless we run a server with the CD in the drive and use the -server switch then no updated servers.

I think you fella's are a laughing stock - that's what I and the majority of the community think. I also think you need to rethink your updates via STEAM. Having to re-download the game content isn't the norm, in fact I have never heard of it before. Did you fella's do that for a laugh or are you serious that every update requires this.

No dedicated server exe with patch - bad :(

I voted bad, you need to release a server.exe with the patch next time. :)

The patch has introduced an issue where I can't play multi-player any more. All the servers have a red X next to them!? Does anyone else have this :confused:

I was on the verge of asking my server hosting party to patch our server to 1.03. Is that impossible then ? If that is a problem for joining our server then I would vote bad, that's a big no-no in patch-country.

Besides that the patch has a massive changelog and that's always good. I'm glad with every patch since the game is very playable for me.

Greetingz, Monk.

Any patch, is a good patch.

Just made a boo-boo with forgetting those server exe's, theres no logical reason why you had to rush, so I can only imagine you were so excited, and made the childish error of... forgetting. :D

Good on ya's BIS, scare away the non-committed. :yay:

I'm not sure if it's just a subjective feeling, but I do believe that the overall LOD of trees and other objects has been improved on my system. However I did some tweaking in the ".ArmA2profile" aswell. I'm not sure about the framerate impact so far, because I haven't seen a "framerate scenario" in the game like there used to be in the demo. Last but not least, I noticed a rather hefty drop of fps while using longe range scopes. That's all I have to tell for now.

Rockets now seem to fly through bushes and trees.

But grenades still explode by the touch of a leaf, whats ridiculous, this should be fixed asap.

this makes vegetation a better protection than 80mm steel with reactive armor.

of course we got some new "features", anyone also noticed that smoke grenades just queef a little, and then disappear instead of producing a dense wall of smoke?

It definitely didnt happen with 1.02 and it doesnt matter if I load the game with or without mods, it stays the same.

but at least that annoying rainbow bug has been fixed.

i voted good, because its good to get another patch.

of course there are still problems, so keep up the work devs.

and of course the missing server.exe is really bad (also the still missing linux files for the dedicated servers)