Sign in to follow this  
aussie dave

1.03 server.exe

Well hopefully you can find something to keep complaining about until it is released. I know that a lot of you guys are used to different, but many of us here have been playing BIS games for years and know that they are a small dev company doing the best they can. It may not meet the timescales of a bigger company, it may have some bugs that other companies allegidly would not have released a product with, but after all that it has the game play I was looking for and the so called 'better' companies would not take the risk of attempting. Because of that I've learnt to cut BIS some slack and relax a bit. It will be released as soon as it is ready to be released

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Never type a reply so long that BIS release the patch before you finish posting. You just end up looking silly :D

LoL the last sentance. :)

i know what you mean and as i said i understand that BI is a small developer and i did play the First OPF games and tested arma1. As i said the ARMA2 Game is amazing, but this was really a bad way to go. and as with many admins here with me (i mean cmon we wouldent do this if we didnt like the game and what BI does) we get really upset, i mean now we know the patch is realeased but from experiance with other games with much much bigger econmy and developers the updates can take months and i think many of us admins saw just that. i know atleast i did.

but all is good. the patch is released now and it seems like BI pulled it of and as far as my knowledge goes they have worked there asses of all night to fix this wich shows some effort.

although it was a really bad mistake from the beginning to not release.. Or hey.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should say it like this:

The mistake was: Not to announce that the Dedicated server patch will be relased 10-30hours later then the game patch.

Only that would have made things so much easier.

i appoligize for my harch comments and if i offended anyone but see it from the "Paying admins" point of view you can atleast get some idea.

Edited by n.sipher

I would certainly agree that sometimes better communication can head off a lot of anger, disappointment or whatever you want to call it. And it's something that doesn't cost much. But as you said, you can probably be sure it's either your working so hard you forget to let people know or you so annoyed at how the people in these forums (I have to say it's mainly the newer members) twist and flame everything that is written.

Finally, the patch is complete :) Good job.

So give us the ip of the server , to get some fun all togheter.

Yes, with patch 1.03. IPs: http://arma2.swec.se

Even before the server .exe was released there were dozens of servers listed.

thank you bis, i apologize for my angry post but our squad was in danger of getting tiered into 1.02 disc owners and 1.03 steam owners which would've put a crimp on our gaming to say the least.