Sign in to follow this  
aussie dave

1.03 server.exe

When is the 1.03 server.exe going to be released?

Hi everyone, the dedicated server exe will be relased later today hopefully. Please, be patient and stay tuned.

And, at last: please, don't blame us for the steam update. As it was mentioned on several places and threads it's a Steam issue. Instead of downloading just the difference data to be replaced inside of your pbo's (normal D/L update does this exactly), Steam users must download the whole pbo's and files affected be the update, which is about 4.3gigs in total.

By the way, we have the response from Steam, that they plan to implement more sophisticated method of updating games to avoid such situations.

Edited by Aussie Dave

np.. it took me 5 minutes to find it.. and i knew where it was....lol

I have been able to launch a dedicated server by passing the "-server" flag at the command line.

You need a DVD in the server for that to work though, don't you? Also, it doesn't help those of us who rent ArmA2 servers and only have a web interface!

Very badly when there is no server.exe in patch files!!! In patches for the first Arma always were server.exe

You need a DVD in the server for that to work though, don't you? Also, it doesn't help those of us who rent ArmA2 servers and only have a web interface!

That depends on what release of arma2 you are using. I'm using a downloaded version from 505games, so I do not use a dvd at all. After I posted, I copied my install to a separate machine that I only use for dedicated server and found out that my particular release does require a license to be activated on the machine it is run on. So, I agree this a pretty poor situation.

wow, what a ridiculous release, i appreciate BIS working on a patch but to leave out a dedicated server is a spit in the face to the online community, the people who keep this game alive.

moerty[RR] +100

I have updated game to version 0.3, and now I can not administer my server!!!:mad:

Edited by stribog

yeah its very bad to release a patch nobody can play online with.. kinda stupid :P

moerty[RR] +100

I have updated game to version 0.3, and now I can not administer my server!!!:mad:

Same, absolute rubbish on BI part to do this and not warn anyone in the changelog before we all installed the patch. Im jumping ship to Flashpoint as soon as it released. Im sick of this haphazard illogical way they release things.

LOL chill out. You had hundreds of people clamering for the patch all over the forums and they worked to get that out. For a lot of people the game is also about single player and coop (although I myself only really play online PvP) and they can play this without a seperate server.exe

Now that the client patch is released they will be focussing on finishing up the server.exe

have a cup of tea, play a coop, play the fixed campaign but relax and before you know it you'll have you server patch

Any news on the dedicated server release 1.03???

this is crasy..

BI. cmon. i now u probably are working ure asses of with everything thats buggy, but to release a Patch without the update for the server part????

Cant belive this is true. Especially not to warn ppl in the changelog/release info that if you update u cannot play on 1.02 servers.

I looked in the server list today and there are only about 6servers hosting the 1.03 version wich probably are ppl runniing the server from inside the game.

If this game ever going to hit some ground in the gaming world you will have to sort these things out before throwing out a patch.

We the dedicated gamers that really see the game for what it is. "Amazing" feels like we get fxxxxx!"#!cked in any possible way by you developers when yu do something like this.

Although it seems like STEAM got there shit toghether with the update becouse last night i was just about to start my game and it automaticly started updating thur my steam account. and only downloaded about 200mb. Although if i had new the 1.03 would screw up my online gaming i couldent have stpoed the update anyway since STEAM does the update automatic.

Cmon BI. Release the dedicated server or a fix/command/script whatever. you are loosing gamers every minute this isnt released.

I mean the reason ARMA ever was big is becouse of the Multiplayer and online community and now it "ONCE AGAIN" it feels like you are taking a piss at the community...

Problems can always hapen and buggy stuff also but this was probably one of the stupidest things i have ever seen from a developer.

EA-Games dont even do stuff like this. and they pulled some really stupid shit out there.

im sry for my harch attitude, but from having a server with 30ppl online almoust 24/7 untill now where not a single person is online except for ppl trying but get booted couse the server is outdated.

That's incredible , no one can play online on dedicated server.

One of the worst support service i have ever seen.

That's incredible , no one can play online on dedicated server.

One of the worst support service i have ever seen.

No? I guess the tens of dedicated servers, including the one I was just on, are all my imagination then.

Spend just a short time looking and you can find your answers http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1394483&postcount=311

Today, 10:49 AM - Jennik - BI Developer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, the dedicated server exe will be relased later today hopefully. Please, be patient and stay tuned.

Edited by Bazooka_Boy

Yeah this sucks half my squad cant get on our server this blows guys. Even worse fro the steam and D2D guys theres auto installs.

No? I guess the tens of dedicated servers, including the one I was just on, are all my imagination then.

Are you able to play with 1.03 upgrade? I hope you didnt' read the topic that speak about 1.03 client/server.

So give us the ip of the server , to get some fun all togheter.

ODEN;1394586']Ungreatful ppl is all over..

What u mean ungreatful.? you have no clue what you are talking about.

Server admins around the world are paying alot of expensive hosting for there server just to be 0players for a patch thats supposed to fix things.??

whats ungreatful?

if i was a "single player" i wouldent say anything couse there are "Ingame servers" out there that you can play on' date=' or i could play single missions etc.

Bazooka_Boy Spend just a short time looking and you can find your answers http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....&postcount=311

Yea i just saw that but hey over 30pages. wouldent it be easier to annouce it in the public? that would realy help to stop this forum being bashed to death.. LOL..

and the post "Hi everyone, the dedicated server exe will be relased later today hopefully" dosnt say anything new. could mean anything.

Hopfully they will release it today but you never know. nothing will amaze me after this. One good thing is that it cant get any worse than this so its only up after this.. hehe. :P

Well hopefully you can find something to keep complaining about until it is released. I know that a lot of you guys are used to different, but many of us here have been playing BIS games for years and know that they are a small dev company doing the best they can. It may not meet the timescales of a bigger company, it may have some bugs that other companies allegidly would not have released a product with, but after all that it has the game play I was looking for and the so called 'better' companies would not take the risk of attempting. Because of that I've learnt to cut BIS some slack and relax a bit. It will be released as soon as it is ready to be released

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Never type a reply so long that BIS release the patch before you finish posting. You just end up looking silly :D

it has got out of hand, some people need to step back a little tbh. Its not like anyone died. It should have just been delayed a day to roll out the same time. Is it that much of a big deal though to loose a day ?