Sign in to follow this  
MG92

What were you thinking !?

Yes yes i know ther are tons of these threads, but still..

I dont get how an game studio can release an game without making sure it actualy works with both Nvidia and ATI, its not like 99% of all the players are using Nvidia and that ATI is an realy small company that noones heard off.

I wouldent call it an finished product if i hadent made sure there werent such major glitches as ther are concerning the graphics.

But still, for some reason the landscape has me hooked, if it wasnt for the fact that the misions are so fun and the landscape was so great i would probably have uninstalled the game directly after trying it the first time, i do not get how the finished game has theses glitches and the Demo doesnt.

And i were realy dissapointed to see that ther was no fix for the ATI glitch in the 1.03 patch, does the costumers using ATI cards mean nothing to you ? did we pay less then the Nvidia usesrs ?

I realy do hope that you attend the glitch as soon as possible becaus the game IS great if you ignore the glitch, but its getting harder to ignore it, becaus the further i progress with the missions the worse it gets.

If anyone has anyidea about an fix for the graphics glitches that actualy works with an HD 4890 card please contact me, and developers, please make sure you try and fix the problem, its not gonna go away by it self. :(

What glitch are you referring to? I'm using a 4870x2 with 9.7 drivers on Windows 7, and the only obvious glitch I get is the flashing white/brightness issue. However, setting my Catalyst AI to advanced seems to have fixed this problem.

I run a 4850 1 GB and the game runs great with highest settings and a 7500VD. I wish I could help but I'm sure you've tried everything possible.

Yeah sorry mate, I had a 4850 and it ran pretty well, just upgraded to a 4890 and its running great

AMD 64 Athlon x2 3800+ Media Center; 2.0GHz, 2 gigs of memory, MSI ATI radeon 4850 512 MB 230 Gig hard drive,All settings on normal/high, getting my usual 35-40 FPS, the city fighting has improved a little on the ground, but if youre flying around the big cities the stuttering is quite noticeable at times. Other then that its great.

View my video if u dont believe me, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOTAqSyo0T0

Edited by Shinobi575

Im refering to a bug that is frequently reappearing if you look in the sticky about ATI cards, houses not beeing renderd, textures not beeing loaded, trees looking like somthing out of an lego box..

I refer to this post in this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1295202&postcount=49

he has some screenshots that demonstrate the issue, i dont have quite as bad but it is still bad, some times when you run up to people to talk to them, their faces are in 8 different collours.. and houses have a way of not loading textrues in surten areas, some times ther isnt even any door or windows.. but i have to admitt, after testing it some more, the 1.03 patch has helped a bit, its not quite as often an extencive as it was befor.. but its still not fun running around in a town without textures or in a forest with trees that are boxshaped and greenish yellow...

i run the game in verry high with good fps, my system is: I7 920 2.67GHz, ATI PowerCollor radeon HD 4890. 6GB DDR3 ram, Vista 64 bits.

I have tryed setting the settings lower but the problem actuay appears worse on my computre then..

Hope some one recognizes the problem and has an fix for it, but as i say, it shouldent be up to the player to finde a fix for an problem when ther is an development team, but i do wanna thank the development team, becaus it is an great game.

Edited by MG92

make sure your video memory is set to 'normal' in the in-game video options. I tried switching mine to 'default' and got lots of horrible graphical glitches (4890)

I switched it back to normal and all is fine.

Hope some one recognizes the problem and has an fix for it, but as i say, it shouldent be up to the player to finde a fix for an problem when ther is an development team, but i do wanna thank the development team, becaus it is an great game.

It's not up to the development team to accept responsibility for every possible combination of PC hardware, OS and third party driver out there. That's PC gaming, if you're not up for it consider getting a console. I sympathise, sucks to be in the (very small based on the number of people I know with the game) percentage of customers that are having issues but the reality is, you're at least as responsible for getting your own platform running this as BIS and ATI are each.

It's not up to the development team to accept responsibility for every possible combination of PC hardware, OS and third party driver out there. That's PC gaming, if you're not up for it consider getting a console. I sympathise, sucks to be in the (very small based on the number of people I know with the game) percentage of customers that are having issues but the reality is, you're at least as responsible for getting your own platform running this as BIS and ATI are each.

hmm, but if that is the case, everyone who have posted that they have problems in the ATI thread has an faulty rig ? alot of people.. and no, ther is nothing wrong with my computre, a faulty computre doesnt perform like mine in crysis or any of my games, and i do not expect the development team to make sure it all works right from the start, but i do expect them to look in to somthing when thers been so many reports of it. And you cant claim i dont assume my responsibility, becaus im trying to finde an awnser.

Anyhow, when playing manhatten now i didnt notice any problems at all so atm it looks like it solved it self.. odd...

Edited by MG92

i think you are referring to the graphic issues most of us have come to accept. I accepted it ages ago ( i got the same thing in Crysis). + try lowering you settings. We all know that tomorrows technology we have to wait for to really nail this game on high graphic settings without issues. Todays hardware can still play it easily though if you just deal with it take the foot of the high graphic settings. The game still looks good. But i get the graphic pops adn textures aswell. It hasnt hindered the experience that much turning the game down on graphic settings, you get use to it.

That's funny, I've got an ATI HD4870, and I've never had the kind of problems you guys are talking about... although I used to on ArmA I with my old 8800GTS 320MB. I'll have to go read that thread, so I'll know what to do if I do get issues.

i think you are referring to the graphic issues most of us have come to accept. I accepted it ages ago ( i got the same thing in Crysis). + try lowering you settings. We all know that tomorrows technology we have to wait for to really nail this game on high graphic settings without issues. Todays hardware can still play it easily though if you just deal with it take the foot of the high graphic settings. The game still looks good. But i get the graphic pops adn textures aswell. It hasnt hindered the experience that much turning the game down on graphic settings, you get use to it.

thanks alot!, in combination with the tweeking ive doen earlyer today the game now looks spot on and flows realy niceley, didnt set them all to high, its a mix of high / verry high but it gets the job done, sure, some lods doesnt realy work as they are suposed to, but those are on cars, a bit disturbing to see a car with squar wheels but i can live with it, the trees was an totaly other story :rolleyes: