Sign in to follow this  
-Sof-Jacksonfive

1.03 Performance

Has 1.03 Improved your performance  

514 members have voted

1. 1. Has 1.03 Improved your performance

• Yes, i notice improved performance
    • No, there is no visable difference
    • 1.03 has actually hurt my system performance!

Patch 1.03 definitely worsened my performance on xp. No stuttering, but a large loss of framerate, in the region of 10-20fps lower.

Windows 7 64 bit

I think Patch 1.03 MIGHT have improved my performance especially in large towns like Chernogorsk. I can also now enable low AA without an insane drop in FPS. I say MIGHT because I also noticed recently (within the last two days) Windows Update installed the new version of AMD dual core optimizer and DX 11...those could be the cause of my increased performance.

I just tried ArmA2 version 1.03 with WinXP Pro x32 and with Win7 Ultimate x86.

My system is P4@3Ghz, 2Gb ddr400, ATI X1950pro 512mb.

I feel i have better performance with WinXP pro then with Win7 Ultimate. It looks smoother in WinXP. I have not tested the patch 1.02 ever, i just jumped from 1.01 to 1.03.

I believe Win7 is a little bit heavier then WinXP Pro.

I might roll back to WinXP because in my old system I have a bit smoother game then in Win7.

Too bad because i really liked Win7 features and options.

Maybe when i get my new system ill use Win7 x64.

Edit: I don't know but it might have to do with the drivers, because i had to install different ones, ie, to Win7 instead WinXP. Maybe they were not optimized yet..

Edited by bravo 6

see rig in sig........I am using vista 64 and it is running ARMA II as close to perfact as I think it can get in it's current state. 45-60Fps in MP. I have like 1 CTD every other day now but thats it after 1.03 (big improvement) I think it has more to do with how clean your OS is not what OS you are running

Settings= 2048x1152 rez|4K view|textures maxed|Video mem default| AF normal| AA normal|Terrain Maxed|Objects maxed|Shadows high|Postprocess High| and I force Vsync in NCP and it seems to help. I know it is on by default but forcing it looks smoother for what ever reason...... It looks beautiful :)

Edited by NexusPhase

Every file write causes defragmentation.

That's just a downside from HDD technology. SSD storage devices don't have this.

Fragmentation is a side effect of the file system (i.e. the software logic for arranging files on the physical disk), not the physical drive.

So yes, SSDs suffer from fragmentation as well. Also, once an SSD is fragmented, its performance drops much more than a HDD does, so it's important to keep SSDs clean and defragged.

WinXP 32bit.

Good performance on 1.02 and 1.03. Haven't really noticed any difference.

Q6600, 2GB 800Mhz RAM, GTX260, 7200RPM SATA

After defragment and deleting my old profile game is smooth even with AA on normal. GJ BIS!

Performance seems to have improved but I get this annoying stutter now. Did disk defrag with O&O as well as Auslogics with no fix.

Also the HDD is new as well as the whole system.

No stuttering here, but texture loading is horrible slow (what is also a stuttering somehow lol).

When turning my head, and then back, i've got un-textured models - alongside the visible scenebuilding when starting a map. One can count 1-6 until the model lods have been loaded and the appropriate textures are applied. I mean it's a 9800GTX+ with a Q9550 and 4 Gigs of Ram here. Okay it's Vista Business, what may also slow down the calculations a little, but i've got the impression, from the last LAN-Party, that dualcores run way smoother, even with Vista, than quadcores do.

There is still stepping/aliasing visible within parallax occlusion, the ground-floating on the other hand is gone. Sea rendering has a damn impact on the system, and it seems to not be FFT-based?! So all the cycles go to the mapping?

After installing the patch, Arma2 seems a little more improved for the worse, at least on my rig :/

After defragment and deleting my old profile game is smooth even with AA on normal. GJ BIS!

same. deleting the old profile improved performance

A lot of people seem to make the mistake of blindly following all the tweaks and then don't understand why their performance sucks. Always best to try the game at default first (delete your old profile) especially when changing hardware.

a lot of people seem to make the mistake of blindly following all the tweaks and then don't understand why their performance sucks. Always best to try the game at default first (delete your old profile) especially when changing hardware.

+10000000

I voted on:

- 1.03 has actually hurt my system performance!

Because I've got now 200 less points in arma 2 benchmark also sometimes I've got weird drop of framerate to 22~25 which never happens before.

I'm very disapointed. 1.03 works much worse than demo. I feel kinda sucked in.

There are some differences between my old profile and the new one:

Old:

TexMemory=4;

shadingQuality=100;

New:

TexMemory=2;

shadingQuality=10;

The only difference between the setting i have made is the vid mem is now on High instead of default. I have never *tweaked* the files directly, always through the interface.

Well I decided to bite the bullet & download the patch last night, waste of time,when i tried to install it an error message came up saying it couldnt install because arma 2 has been removed from my computer, errmmmmmm no it hasnt because i was playing it just a while earlier :confused:

Any ideas?

Ok clean install of the game & the patch has installed fine now, performance wise things feel better than before & I now have full graphics options so I can tweak AA!graphics seem a little better too although some textures & objects seem to take longer to load than before!FPS is generally better & ive increased my view distance to 3011 with no drop in performance.

The AI has definitely been tweaked, i havent made my mind up whether its improved things or not yet,they certainly dont react with superhuman ability anymore which is a good thing,but it seems they dont really shoot back at all!I took on a squad who all ran for cover but none of them shot back while my team wiped them out pretty quickly,i was only on regular difficulty though so maybe with the new patch I should be playing on veteran...

My only main gripe so far is that I seem to be having the sound bug that a few others have mentioned where suddenly the gunfire goes off into a horrible tinny/crackly sound for a couple of seconds every now & again. Also I had a bash at the skydive mission in training & the screen was very jittery in both freefall & with the chute open,it wasnt an FPS issue though,just seemed to be a bit of a bug there that I didnt notice in 1.02.

Il try the main campaign again now im patched to 1.03 too as I had difficulties before.

Anyway BI, despite the unconstructive bitching that is all too common on this forum, we do appreciate your efforts & hope that your noses arent put out of joint by the vocal minority on here who are having serious problems running the game. Keep up the work with enthusiasm & visible results & we'll bear with you while you make it work as it should :)

No No No Bis!

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

No No No Bis!

Purchased ARMA 1 and ARMA 2 whit my eyes closed {because thy make OPF1}

But dissapointing 2 times,stutter,artifacts,bugs,low FPS,they make patches like siggarettes,you THINKS it helps but NOPE.

Everybody is tweaking whit drivers,cleansweeps etc.

The most people have the fastest systems,but notting works.

4 me the last time i bay somting from BIS.

Very dissapointing.

Missing you already J.Peiper

The game will be patched to perfection in time. There is no problem with Arma1 so I would look at your computer ! Sounds like its duff.

graphics seem a little better too although some textures & objects seem to take longer to load than before!FPS is generally better & ive increased my view distance to 3011 with no drop in performance.

The AI has definitely been tweaked, i havent made my mind up whether its improved things or not yet,they certainly dont react with superhuman ability anymore which is a good thing,but it seems they dont really shoot back at all!I took on a squad who all ran for cover but none of them shot back while my team wiped them out pretty quickly,i was only on regular difficulty though so maybe with the new patch I should be playing on veteran...

My only main gripe so far is that I seem to be having the sound bug that a few others have mentioned where suddenly the gunfire goes off into a horrible tinny/crackly sound for a couple of seconds every now & again.

Agreed. Have the same

Turning ingame volume down to below 50% and windows/speaker volume up usually gets rid of the sound problems.

Most of all, if you're using a sound blaster make sure you don't have CMS-3D, SVM or Crystaliser on.

Turning ingame volume down to below 50% and windows/speaker volume up usually gets rid of the sound problems.

Most of all, if you're using a sound blaster make sure you don't have CMS-3D, SVM or Crystaliser on.

Il give that a go but to be honest I had absolutely no sound problems prior to this patch so something has obviously changed, I was playing last night & it happened most when my team were all firing at the same time, the sound would crackle a bit, then completely go off into a scratchy high pitched version of the gunfire & radio chatter for a couple of seconds before going back to normal. Hopefully BIS will sort this soon as on the whole the rest of the patch seems to be an improvement on my rig