Sign in to follow this  
-Sof-Jacksonfive

1.03 Performance

Has 1.03 Improved your performance  

514 members have voted

1. 1. Has 1.03 Improved your performance

• Yes, i notice improved performance
    • No, there is no visable difference
    • 1.03 has actually hurt my system performance!

I have to agree, there is absolutely no difference in FPS for me comparing to version 1.02......what a disappointment for me...:mad:

I can confirm too that there's no improvement at all. Though i'm not disappointed because there never was supposed to be a performance fixes in 1.03.

Flying to Chernogorsk or Elektrozvadlovsk frames drop from average 35-50 down 9....in words NINE ! With 1.02x I got about 15-20 frames.

Not really an improvement at all. :(

Yes, im sure they made the game run worse and overheat all your videocards just to taunt you all. :rolleyes:

Large urban areas run much more smoothly now. At least, that's my impression.

Still 10-15 fps without any reason on low-med settings, hangs, lags, CTD's...

I hate to say it, but if your sysprofile is accurate, thats probably your problem. I think your cpu/mobo/ram combo is killing your gaming performance man.

Installed and noticed a improvement in fps, gone from mid 30's to high 40's with default settings.

x48-ds4 mobo

280GTX

4gb corsair ram

windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Edited by Watter

Flying to Chernogorsk or Elektrozvadlovsk frames drop from average 35-50 down 9....in words NINE ! With 1.02x I got about 15-20 frames.

Can confirm. I flew to Cherno with a C130 (playing on a dedicated server with about 50 people) and my FPS dropped from 50-60 down to 7-9 when I was over the city (and badly stuttering).

Once I was over the sea they immediately raised up to 70.

What's really worse is that I had every 30 seconds (+/-) a still frame, stuttering.

Even more funny, I've never ever encountered the "Receiving" bug during playing before. Today with 1.03 it was the first time it happened.

Edit: Many players that were in Teamspeak also confirmed massive frame drops compared to 1.02.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Oh my... the stuff that I'm reading make me think twice before updating or not, especially with no server support, now they said they wanna beta test patches before, did they test it in LAN??? realeasing a patch and no server support is kind of... :yay: banana, that's the word

When the hell are they going to cancel the spacebar scan????And does it stops moving when you are typing in game??

I will wait with install because i dont know if i am going to put this on the server.

Can confirm. I flew to Cherno with a C130 (playing on a dedicated server with about 50 people) and my FPS dropped from 50-60 down to 7-9 when I was over the city (and badly stuttering).

Once I was over the sea they immediately raised up to 70.

What's really worse is that I had every 30 seconds (+/-) a still frame, stuttering.

Even more funny, I've never ever encountered the "Receiving" bug during playing before. Today with 1.03 it was the first time it happened.

Edit: Many players that were in Teamspeak also confirmed massive frame drops compared to 1.02.

Xeno

Now this is really worrying, especially for people with not the best rigs in the world, like me. :(

nope.. didnt do a shit for me..

not better, not worse..

perhaps the AI is a little smarter, but still drives like 5 year olds...

(getting stuck against buildings/other vehicles when driving)

only tried it in SP this far though.

When I try and host my own multi player game I get a error Noentry 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_West.SideToggle'.

Another person that I know has it also. Other then that it seems to run the same so far.

Edited by R71

Large urban areas run much more smoothly now. At least, that's my impression.

I've the same feeling.

Still 10-15 fps without any reason on low-med settings, hangs, lags, CTD's...

Sorry Convoke, but with that system you're never going to get decent performance with ARMA2, no matter how many patches they release. The only solution is an upgrade... or wait to see if Op Flashpoint 2 on Xbox rocks, and buy a 360 :p

My game has just ground to a halt twice... i dont know what the hells happened but it just freezes and crashes when i get near trees? Was fine in 1.02...

Rig:

AMD Phenom 2 Quadcore @ 3.2ghz

4GB RAM

GTX275

steam dl is taking forever! how big is this file? and 2Mbps is the only internet I could get :(

i would just love to have double digit fps regularly. silly old computer!

As it has been stated a million times (scratch that... a million and one), the update is re-downloading the entire game... around 4,3Gb....

:(

steam users that can not connect to the few 1.03 dedicated servers that are running and wish to go back to 1.02 in order to play MP dedicated again... will have to d/l it all over....

edit:

i wish there was a 4th option which stated:

No, there is no visable difference.. but i see new issues.

Texture load stutter seems to be gone. More testing needed.

Talking about the urban areas (Chernogorsk and such).

Very happy, so far...

Laggy

AMD 64 Athlon x2 3800+ Media Center; 2.0GHz, 2 gigs of memory, MSI ATI radeon 4850 512 MB 230 Gig hard drive,All settings on normal/high, getting my usual 35-40 FPS, the city fighting has improved a little on the ground, but if youre flying around the big cities the stuttering is quite noticeable at times.

My performance has improved by around 5-10 fps in densely populated areas such as cities and towns outside of campaign mode. Now I see 40-60fps and occasional dips into the 30's flying over coastal cities. However I do experience slight stutter regardless of FPS now and again flying over the big coastal cities. Note an SSD cured most of my stutter issues before this patch.

The game plays fast and looks great on my 27' monitor at native res and all settings on high except AA which is at normal. While I’m a happy customer at the moment I will be fully satisfied once BIS release a patch to fix my surround sound issue.

something from my travels around the community up to this point:

i have seen uber rigs and low end have zero issues..

and uber rigs that can't play it more than 5 minutes... i think the issue is that the core of the game is not a stable platform across the board for users.

therefore.. patches will continue to fluctuate wildly with end user results...

imo

When I try and host my own multi player game I get a error Noentry 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_West.SideToggle'.

Another person that I know has it also. Other then that it seems to run the same so far.

Seconded, got the same error in warfare. Performance seems identical, though the AI difference is definitely noticeable (big step forward, IMHO).

And unlike other users, my steam update went fine: downloaded the patch quickly, and it was all gravy. My word of advice is always let steam do what it wants to do and don't try and interupt or cancel it, as weird stuff tends to happen. Also, I always verify game cache after download and before I play.