Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II Patch 1.03 & Dedicated Server Released .

Hey folks

Great to hear the patch is out, and looking forward to trying it out with buddies tonight.

However, I've heard that for Steam users with mods, when patching it re-downloads the entire game? Is this true?

As a Steam ARMA2 user with various mods installed, I'd like to know how I can download only the patch, not the entire game. Would moving all my @mod folders out of the directory before patching, and copying them back once the patch is completed, do the trick?

Our dedi isn't updating properly to this new patch. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

im getting distorted sound now :(

+1. :(

It's the only negative point so far.

The Analogic Throttle is working now and TrackIR seems to work a little better.

Thx BIS for the patch.

Edited by Von_Paulus

Sure, the patch is fine but I cannot belive that you didn't fix the C-130 turn radius while taxiing, I thought that would be an obvious thing to do!

Disapointed with the sound too. Gunfire from 500m still sound like I was just as 10m from it.

And AI's Xrays vision through vegetation still active, it not worth putting vegetations ON yet.

Looks like I pass.

Thanks for the effort BIS tho.

The steam update is kinda screwed. You have to re-download the entire game.

hm.. i've just played on some Berzerk for 2 hours. so there are ppl on earth who got the server files somehow.

Possibly people are running a non-dedicated server (their regular gaming PC)? If so I suspect there would be performance issues depending on how many are attempting to play. It's my understanding that it's the dedicated server update that is missing...

hmm.. maybe that's what's happening to me. The download at work and at home is taking hour+, which is plain stupid. I forgot to check if any mods had been deleted at work though, and at home I didn't have any on this PC. Sure hope not...

Hey folks

Great to hear the patch is out, and looking forward to trying it out with buddies tonight.

However, I've heard that for Steam users with mods, when patching it re-downloads the entire game? Is this true?

As a Steam ARMA2 user with various mods installed, I'd like to know how I can download only the patch, not the entire game. Would moving all my @mod folders out of the directory before patching, and copying them back once the patch is completed, do the trick?

Word is still out on how to download just the patch - at this point it appears a complete downlaod is necessary. It can't hurt to backup your mod folders first, although I'm pretty sure it isn't necessary. I ran the Steam updater and upon initial inspection it looks like my mods are all still intact. Still, I'd backup first just to be safe - I only have a couple of mods installed, so YMMV.

The steam update is kinda screwed. You have to re-download the entire game.

Holt s***!!! My Steam is downloading the entire game again. :mad:

Preacher;1393637']Can we at least get a timeframe for when the dedicated server will be released??!! Are we talking hours' date=' days, or weeks?

I'm really frustrated by the lack of communication from BI.[/quote']

yes pleases.

Why is the steam version around 4gb to download while the retail version only 130meg? Is this a common problem with non valve games?

I would like know why its such a massive difference cause imo this is ****ing ridiculas as not everyone has an unlimited internet cap.

Is this going to happen every time i need to update?

Even worse is that since i started to download, i have to finish it inorder to play it again.

On a side note, the option to NOT update automatically didnt work for me, it started updating as soon as steam was loaded.

Just to say thanks to BIS for 1.03 patch, dloaded it and have it installed, but have to wait till tomorrow to try it out and looking forward to it.:war:

Why is the steam version around 4gb to download while the retail version only 130meg?

On a side note, the option to NOT update automatically didnt work for me, it started updating as soon as steam was loaded.

Both questions can be answered by a simple "Steam Sucks". Remember too, we in most cases ended up paying MORE for this wonderful update system than retail box owners did. :yay:

This process needs to be improved.

@kozzy below:

Im sure they will get it fixed soon though

If this has happened before to Steam, why did they let it happen again?

Edited by kylania

Why is the steam version around 4gb to download while the retail version only 130meg? Is this a common problem with non valve games?

I would like know why its such a massive difference cause imo this is ****ing ridiculas as not everyone has an unlimited internet cap.

Is this going to happen every time i need to update?

Even worse is that since i started to download, i have to finish it inorder to play it again.

Ive never had that issue and ive been on steam for years adn years. The only time ive heard of it happening was the first few days after Empire Total War was released, where it made people download the whole game again. Other then that in 4 years with steam ive never expereinced this issue (and ive bought over 30 non valve games from them). Im sure they will get it fixed soon though, at least i hope so (as they fixed the same issue with Empire Total War the next day). I know when this happend with my friend for Empire Total War on steam, he just waited till they fixed the issue, because some of our other friends downloaded the whole game again for no reason. Maybe for those who havnt updated it yet, wait till the issue is resolved?

Edited by kozzy420

All works good for me, can't you fuckers be happy for once or do you have to complain about everything?!

I played for 2-3 hours online coop after the patch, so im not having this issue.

The only thing I am complaining about is not having a .exe file for the dedicated servers. That should have been released with the 1.03 patch, That goes with out saying; So yes you can understand why everyone is complaining that they cant host from their dedicated server that they pay for. It irritates me and I dont even pay for a server lol.

Everyone is using -server, it works with FireDaemon also. I had to point to the arma.exe

it asks me for the DVD when i try that :mad: