Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II Patch 1.03 & Dedicated Server Released .

Can confirm that Steam HAS deployed the 1.03 patch. Downloading as we speak. :icon_dj:

One thing I'd love to get confirmation on, though, is if the 1.03 clients can use a 1.02 server. Finished setting up a Dell Poweredge 1850 down at work specifically for ARMA2 a few days ago, so if anyone has any info, please share.

1.03 clients cannot use 1.02 server.exe. However, there are 3 servers available to join, already updated to 1.03 as i type this, including [FUN] one

Fixed: penetrability of some vegetation

just checked - as shells crashed on the bushes, and continued to crash, can not penetrate the branches and leaves.

another test with optical sight and grass - nothing changed

sadly :(

P.S. sorry for my english

Edited by Eagleone

Is the dedicated server file loaded into it this time around for steam and such?

'Hot diggity' I just noticed that Steam is updating aswell. Quite enjoyable!

I just switched to 182.50 Nvidia drivers today... A few FPS more, (Than anything newer than that... Up to 190.38) aswell as way more stability and no stuttering. If your having performance/crash issues, true those out. The game was developed on those I'm told.

Thanks BIS!

Question: I downloaded my version from Gamersgate, which I *think* was the same version as the Steam version. So, should I download or not?

Thanks!

I think right now in Placebo's timezone it sleepy time. But he will answer or another moderator will answer your question probably soon, because their are probably more people that have the game from gamersgate. Until then DO NOT get the update until you are sure from a BI/moderator as you might end up having to reinstall your game.

Is there 1.03 server exe yet? And could some one tell me how to update server? First patch and then server exe right? But how about when you have moved gamefolder elsewhere and autopaching wont work?

1.03 clients cannot use 1.02 server.exe. However, there are 3 servers available to join, already updated to 1.03 as i type this, including [FUN] one

Hm. Any way to get hold of the 1.03 dedicated server exe? or is it part of the patch?

I recommend the torrent for fast downloading. Already done after 2 min. :)

Beer. :cancan: Let's play some ArmAII. Thanks for the patch.

Hm. Any way to get hold of the 1.03 dedicated server exe? or is it part of the patch?

Not part of the patch :( and our server is not working from the -server switch :(

Would like to say thanks to BIS for getting the patch on Steam so quickly. Big thumbs up there.

Would like to say thanks to BIS for getting the patch on Steam so quickly. Big thumbs up there.

Definatly, Ive been a member of steam for years and years and alot of companys dont get the patch to steam in a timely manner, this is GREAT for Bohemia to do this as fast as they have :cool:

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

I recommend the torrent for fast downloading. Already done after 2 min. :)

I agree! Im getting much faster speeds now! Thanks on the heads up bud! :D

580k instead of 60k :rolleyes:

Friend, :) did you not read my post? I did not get me game from Steam, but from Gamersgate, which is different from Steam. I have searched, but found no official indication as to whether my version should follow the Steam-rules or the non-Steam-rules.

Ideally, Placebo or some BIS-type person can provide an official (or at least knowledgeable) answer.

:)

Does Gamersgate off you some official auto-update system? If yes you should use it, if no you should use this patch :)

Wildly disappointed by the fact that Steam Autodownloaded, meaning I can't use existing servers, thanks Steam!

Also disappointed that there's no mention of graphics engine upgrades for Nvidia meaning my new and crippled PC probably can't play this still. Sigh.

Wildly disappointed by the fact that Steam Autodownloaded, meaning I can't use existing servers, thanks Steam!

Also disappointed that there's no mention of graphics engine upgrades for Nvidia meaning my new and crippled PC probably can't play this still. Sigh.

So you are upset that Steam autodownloaded the patch for you..you don't make a bit of sense crying about that???

Haven't gotten to play yet, but from reading the patch notes, I'm very excited about trying it out and it is downloading on Steam now...should have left it running during work!

Are we finally able to bind "next target" to a joystick button ?

Does Gamersgate off you some official auto-update system? If yes you should use it, if no you should use this patch :)

Thanks Placebo. :)

The "patches" link in my gamersgate account links to... the BIS official patch page. :D So, I will try this patch, and if there are issues I will (politely) point out the issues and hopefully be part of a solution. :D

But, I anticipate there will be no problems... other than the ones I create from scripting. :D

Thanks again.

If you dont want it auto updated why do you have it turned on.. Duuuuurrrr turn it off then

Right click the game in the steam menu, click properties, go to the updates tab, and turn off automatic updates for this game

Edited by [Sof]Jacksonfive

Are we finally able to bind "next target" to a joystick button ?

Has been working for me since 1.00

Placebo is right. As far as I know, no other digital download vendor provides automatic updates as Steam does. That is the reason why our update cannot be used for Steam version.

Any other D/L versions bought via digital download can be updated to 1.03 by the patch published on ARMA2 website.

Can we get a dedicated exe? The patch is kind of pointless if there is no servers for it...

Jennik,can u tell if there are unnoticed fixes?Just hoping that the zombie zivilians with alice in doorways are fixed....!

Thanks Placebo. :)

The "patches" link in my gamersgate account links to... the BIS official patch page. :D So, I will try this patch, and if there are issues I will (politely) point out the issues and hopefully be part of a solution. :D

But, I anticipate there will be no problems... other than the ones I create from scripting. :D

Thanks again.

If it screws up an activation or something I will personally send them an Email begging them to give you another one ;)