:(Hello!

I've searched on different sites, but can't seem to find a DePBO tool for ArmA2? I had a great time with OFP and depbo'ing the official campaigns and making small alterations on them. Then packing them back to a pbofile and play. Are there such tools for ArmA2? And where is the official campaignfile located?

Thanks

Great , thanks! But the problem now is I can't get my head around using the cpboprogram. I ran the cpbo as administrator, and chose yes when asked to associate pbofiles with the program. It then says. "Default PBO icon already exsists, not overwritten. Done". And when I rightclick the pbofile to change default opening program from notepad to cpbo, nothing happens! I am going insane with frustration here, please help me out!

Great , thanks! But the problem now is I can't get my head around using the cpboprogram. I ran the cpbo as administrator, and chose yes when asked to associate pbofiles with the program. It then says. "Default PBO icon already exsists, not overwritten. Done". And when I rightclick the pbofile to change default opening program from notepad to cpbo, nothing happens! I am going insane with frustration here, please help me out!

for some odd reason, I had cpbo working fine before. now I have OA and it refuses to work. Same issue as you.

The problem is that arma2 associates .pbo with itself. You need to break that association first then cpbo will work. There are other threads with how to do it.....use search.

The problem is that arma2 associates .pbo with itself. You need to break that association first then cpbo will work. There are other threads with how to do it.....use search.

This should be flagged as spam. Go crawl back in your hole please. That is not the problem... while we use the search why dont YOU try reading?

This should be flagged as spam. Go crawl back in your hole please. That is not the problem... while we use the search why dont YOU try reading?

He was right in what he said. Almost every time you patch Arma 2 recently you have to unassociate it with pbos. I just run a quick .reg file each time and it's done.

He answered a question and he was correct.

I suggest you follow your own advice next time before you speak up.

He was right in what he said. Almost every time you patch Arma 2 recently you have to unassociate it with pbos. I just run a quick .reg file each time and it's done.

He answered a question and he was correct.

I suggest you follow your own advice next time before you speak up.

You obviously didn't read at all either...we both stated we unassociated it with PBO's. Thank you come again.

You still have your head up your arse.

Just "unassociated it with PBO's" WILL NOT fix cPBO. Its much more problematic than that.

cPBO is old and was never meant to be used with BIS's product once BIS started associating "pbo" files with their exe's.

Necropost because you guys aren't making a ton of sense and I think this is what I'm looking for but I'm not sure.

I want to de-PBO a mission file so that I can customize it to my own desires. I have CPBO but as the person above stated I cannot open it. I get a brief flash of a command prompt dialog, and then it disappears before I can read it and nothing else happens. I ran CPBO in administrator mode and have no idea what else I could do.

Use command line with cpbo or make .bat file for repeated operations, never fails. That said cpbo doesnt open all .pbos, depbo is slower but it opens everything.

I wound up with something called PBOView. This actually works for me. Hopefully it'll work for other people too.
This is what i use too, i've never had a problem with it. Thought about trying Eliteness because everyone says it's best, but I just haven't had reason to.