Sign in to follow this  
Shape01

End-Trigger, Help needed

Hello, and thanks for a great forum.

I am putting up a multiplayer mission where OPFOR is taking a prisoner (also a player) to a specific location. BLUEFOR have to save the prisoner before he reaches that location, and bring him to an extractionpoint.

There are 3 different possible endings.

a) OPFOR wins. (Prisoner is taken to location).

b) BLUEFOR wins. (Prisoner is taken to extractionpoint).

c) No one win. (Prisoner is killed).

Now to my questions.

1) Is it possible to put different text in the "end" dialogue box that pops up when one of the mentioned endings take place? Do I need to make a file like the "briefing.sqf" but with endings instead?

2) Is it possible to make BLUEFOR win if OPFOR kills a civilian and vice versa.

I have tried to look for an answer in the forums, but its too complicated to find something that fits my scenario. Looking forward to your reply! Thx in advance!

Hello, and thanks for a great forum.

I am putting up a multiplayer mission where OPFOR is taking a prisoner (also a player) to a specific location. BLUEFOR have to save the prisoner before he reaches that location, and bring him to an extractionpoint.

There are 3 different possible endings.

a) OPFOR wins. (Prisoner is taken to location).

b) BLUEFOR wins. (Prisoner is taken to extractionpoint).

c) No one win. (Prisoner is killed).

Now to my questions.

1) Is it possible to put different text in the "end" dialogue box that pops up when one of the mentioned endings take place? Do I need to make a file like the "briefing.sqf" but with endings instead?

2) Is it possible to make BLUEFOR win if OPFOR kills a civilian and vice versa.

I have tried to look for an answer in the forums, but its too complicated to find something that fits my scenario. Looking forward to your reply! Thx in advance!

First make "END" triggers that correspond with a way you want the mission to end. There is END #1 through END #6 triggers available to you in the editor.

Now make a file called "Briefing.html". Here's an example of what it looks like:

; ****************************************************************
; Script file for Armed Assault
; Created by: TODO: Author Name
; ****************************************************************

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">

<title>Title</title>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<! -----DEBRIEFING----->
<hr>
<br>
<h2><a name="Debriefing:End1">Victory!</a></h2>
<br>
<p>
<! ------victory------>
We managed to sieze Mogilevka and also push back the counter attack!
</p>
<br>

<hr>
<br>
<h2><a name="Debriefing:End2">Defeat!</a></h2>
<br>
<p>
<! ------KIA------>
We could not defend against the rapid counter attack.
</p>
<br>

<! -----DEBRIEFING END----->

</body>
</html>

I think you can probably figure it out from here ;)

Thank you very much! It works perfectly! However, anyone have the answer to my second question?

I want BLUEFOR to loose if they kill any of the 7 civilians on the map, and vice versa for OPFOR. Is it possible to make a trigger for this?

Thanks in advance!

Awesome - this answers a question I was a bit scared to ask as well. :) :)

Thank you very much! It works perfectly! However, anyone have the answer to my second question?

I want BLUEFOR to loose if they kill any of the 7 civilians on the map, and vice versa for OPFOR. Is it possible to make a trigger for this?

Thanks in advance!

I have no experience with Mp editing and cannot help you with that part of the code but far as detecting Civilian death you could make a group of Civilians, then in their leader's Init put

C1 = Group this

this now names the group C1 (name them whatever you want)

then create a trigger and in the Condition field put

{alive _x} count units c1 < 2

this will detect if there less than 2 civilians alive (use any number you want) and then fire the trigger which would be one of the Endings that your looking for.

Got a slight problem with this.

My mission is PVP.

In my mission there's a target which US forces have to defend a target. Russian forces have to take it out. Once Russians step within a trigger zone they have 30 mins to take the US target out else mission ends and it goes to the debrief. Now, when I test the mission on my own everything works fine. However when there's a group of people playing and we get to mission end (either target destroyed or still standing) the first person to log in gets the debrief and mission stop, but everyone else can carry on playing...

How can I make the mission stop for everyone? (And yes, I've searched lol)

Awesome - this answers a question I was a bit scared to ask as well. :) :)

Never be afraid to ask a question as long as you've given an honest attempt to find the answer first. :)