Sign in to follow this  
DunnoDunKe

New Sci-Fi Mod

What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????

• Futuristic Soldiers And Tanks
    • Mech Units (still unavailable yet though)
    • It's a Sci-Fi, that is all the matter
    • It's just another mod, so why don't we play it..
    • I dont give a damn about this Mod (lol)

Hi to all! I have a question.

Will any of this air dropships and hover tanks have mode aka "boost" like GIG's wanzers?

The tanks may have less acceleration... but it will be useful for "jumping" operations.

Edited by Ezhik-iz-Tumana

i also think that all the terran vehicles should be amphibious, like able to float on water. all of em.

i also think that all the terran vehicles should be amphibious, like able to float on water. all of em.

canFloat in the config will make the ground vehicles "float", couple this by positioning the models in O2 a bit high above the ground and you can simulate a hover. However the catch is that the vehicles themselves should not weigh too heavy (see LODS where you can designate the "weight", or mass). The downturn of a light vehicle is that whenever it is hit by a real powerful weapon (think of hit=1000+ and the speed of the projectile/missile is really high), it could fly backwards (for a couple of meters or worse, depending on the mass). If you make the vehicle's mass too heavy, you can say bye bye to the hover above water thing because it'll just sink (but it still remains amphibious).

You could try to script (mind you I haven't tried this, it's just a theory) a hover though (make sure it loops if the engine is on and if the engine is on, setVelocity it like 1m above ground or something), I'm not sure how the AI will respond to this though (in terms of aiming and driving)...

ps. the Marine vehicles were named after Greek mythological creatures (Geryon, Pegasus, Medusa, etc.)

Edited by mr. Duck

okay thanks for the tips Mr.Duck, i did try the canFloat in the config, and in facts what u said is right...the tank sink..ouch, lol..i'll try to edit its weight after this...For Gunny-24 suggestion, maybe i can take it into account coz right now i don't have a clue for republicans heavy gunships...and Ezhik-iz-Tumana, in the config, i did make it move with high speed, but for acceleration, ur right, it's very slow...

Hm... and just one more question - what's about islands for missions?

maybe this http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=143 - it's without any structure

or this http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/WGL_Samak_Hills;64821 - this one with universal grey concrete buildings, airfield, forests, plains, "swamps" etc...

okay thanks for the tips Mr.Duck, i did try the canFloat in the config, and in facts what u said is right...the tank sink..ouch, lol..i'll try to edit its weight after this...For Gunny-24 suggestion, maybe i can take it into account coz right now i don't have a clue for republicans heavy gunships...and Ezhik-iz-Tumana, in the config, i did make it move with high speed, but for acceleration, ur right, it's very slow...

Just be careful that you don't make 'em too light, or else you'll be forced to make your weapons weaker to compensate for the punch back effect. And if you make the weapons too weak, it won't be funny anymore cuz then you'll start seeing 1985's abrams tanks easily bashing your high tech hover tank from the year 3000+ (just as funny as seeing an Sherman demolishing a T90 with its 90mm cannon).

Hm... and just one more question - what's about islands for missions?

maybe this http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=143 - it's without any structure

or this http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/WGL_Samak_Hills;64821 - this one with universal grey concrete buildings, airfield, forests, plains, "swamps" etc...

i imagine the future as industrial more so than forestland. i mean if they're going to war with heavy machinery there must be plants all over the place.

i imagine the future as industrial more so than forestland. i mean if they're going to war with heavy machinery there must be plants all over the place.

Yeah, you're right. But I'm still thinking about little civil war in such agricultural world... Or maybe - invasion of wanzers... something like that :)

hey guys i saw a pic of a vtol in my head. and think i should post it. sry for rough sketch but i have to use MS paint.

i used part´s of a fanon concept from star trek and some elemts from this one

Hurricane_CC4_DevGame1.jpg

sry for concept in paint but i´m a complete dumb nut in modelling or some thing.

perseusvtola2bk.jpg

i think would be better to move the wings a bit forward. when i see it now. the tail should look like the one from the orca.

Edited by Gunny24
comments

New day and new question :) (really sorry for this but I'm just blowing up)

There were soldiers with backpacks on first screenshots, so will they be in game somewhen? As heavyweapon soldiers or copies of common troopers or maybe some sort of military settlers?

And will someone or something be on the EAST side?)

new day - new question)))

to answer your question the jump pack soldiers have jet backpacks for short burst jumping, we were talking about the ai using that to their advantage through scripts but haven't come up with a concrete idea yet. also for the east side we were thinking something from the kerberos panzer cops saga.

the jump pack soldiers have jet backpacks for short burst jumping, we were talking about the ai using that to their advantage through scripts but haven't come up with a concrete idea yet.

I'm not a scripter, just gamer, but I think that it can happen by only hard scripting of AI... If there will be a script that allows troopers jump to the enemy they saw, then what can ban them suddenly jump to the next target or simply split the group on the field jumping to the different sides? (hoping that you're understanding what I wrote)

I'm afraid this will be solved by using triggers and simple commands as always.

btw, I asked about backpacks only for adding some diversity in slender ranks of soldiers :) anyway thanks for answering

we never thought about backpacks before but i suppose it would be cool to have a soldier with a cargo container on his back.

maybe not a cargo, just backpack scripted to add magazine to unit, when it's empty?

also traditional medikit allows heal each other, "jumper" for short burst jumpings...

and is somebody knows how make binoculars with zoom effect like scope of M24 in original OFP? maybe this will be useful for a player on the mission...

any news? i think the backpack idea would bee cool for regular soldiers not for the powersuits but that is only my opinion

theres not much i can do, i had the momentum built up releasing update after update with my modelers but i was told by dunno to not release anymore updates will he comes up with what he's doing so somethings on the burner, im not entirely sure what but he's got something. i haven't spoke to him in awhile.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9680/sfmod.jpg

I have converted CCE2 to use this mod.

CCE2 3148 Apocalypse (~380kb)

Also requires CoC UA 1.1: Unified Artillery 1.1

For info/questions regarding CCE2, please refer to this thread.

i was really hoping to play this but its not working. anyone can get it working?

Edited by Rellikki
Quoted hotlinked image

i was told by dunno to not release anymore updates
that's true mate, but u can ask first...anyway the next release will be plus-minus 2 days on x-mas, and sorry for long time no news. it's been quite hectic weeks for me...but i got a few things done already, newly remodeled XDT-12 tank and XDT-9 APC, also the crewman for both sides (will be used as pilot also).....and since i couldn't complete any 3148 mech, i'll release my old man-class mech based on Zenith (with animation) that i've done a long time ago...

the backpacks also will be included in next release but i cant say anything yet on air units...so gunny24, i appreciate your idea on the plane but my hands are tied already.

and i've got one more announcement, the next release will be my last release for this mod, on 28th December, i'll further my study....so, i decided to give the mod to bronzeEagle...i'll give more details soon enough...

too many ideas, but ima keep em a secret....

Edited by BronzeEagle
secret

dunno is way past late for his update he's working on, if he don't release his, i might release mine. see, we have a competitive two party system, just like america with the republicans and democrats. now....who would like for me to release my 3148 v.9 beta?

Edited by BronzeEagle

OKAY LISTEN UP GUYS WE'RE GOING TO REVOLUTIONIZE THE WAY WE BEEN DOING THINGS! NOW im going to release the entire 3148 mod v.99 beta before dunno releases his 1.0 he's working on. now it ships with a new island called city which is in the appleseed mod, i hope he doesn't mind, this is where our campaign takes place so we figured we'd ship all the required addons with it. not like we're calling it ours. so i don't want to give the story away but as far as the mod goes its already packaged i just gotta finish the mission and ill release the campaign mission by mission and let my fans compile the campaign file for me. HAH@!

stay tuned,

BRONZE EAGLE