Sign in to follow this  
DunnoDunKe

New Sci-Fi Mod

What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????

• Futuristic Soldiers And Tanks
    • Mech Units (still unavailable yet though)
    • It's a Sci-Fi, that is all the matter
    • It's just another mod, so why don't we play it..
    • I dont give a damn about this Mod (lol)

if i cant texture them im sure i got a friend that can. and i agree you guys need atleast a readme on how to install this. the way it is its going to turn people away. any chance of getting a installer for this?

EDIT just read a PM and you guys are working on one.

Edited by Zedrein

That Warthog car is INCREDIBLE! Can you make West/East/Resistance real world version about it ;)

That Warthog car is INCREDIBLE! Can you make West/East/Resistance real world version about it ;)

sorry pal all the focus is on the pelican right now....

That's all right.Maybe later or is there a modifiable config file? Maybe I can try to do it by my self ;) . Can anybody here check out the Addon request thread? There is a request posted by ME. I think I have realized why this OFP game is so special: It's the mission editor and addon editing tools. If I succesfully modify the Warthog car I will give you credits BronzeEagle for it ;)

Edited by 33BO11OF00
info & game related note

And i agree you guys need atleast a readme on how to install this. the way it is its going to turn people away. any chance of getting a installer for this?

Eh.If people are still having problems with setting up mod

folders,then why not just get an OFP launcher?

The one by Angusjm is simple,and does exactly what it's

supposed to.Once installed,and active it does a quick

scan of your OFP directory for any new mod folder.

Then it's presented as a link for you to click on,when you

access the program on your taskbar.

No need for a lot of shortcuts on your desktop.I've

used it for quite a while now.

You'll find it on this page.

:)

fx corrected, pelican dropship fixed and added, as well as updated warthog. Mod is now at v0.98 Beta:

3148 Apocalypse Mod v0.98 Beta

dropship.jpg

okay now its time to talk campaign:

in my story the republicans are urban military forces similar to police, yet the terran alliance still has a military wing for situations that get out of hand. In my story the republicans can't control the city any longer and the military is called out to help stabilize the situation. I want to keep the player knowing only that in the beginning but as you can guess eventually your military forces and the republicans duke it out, i won't say why on here though.

Edited by BronzeEagle

This mod is just awesome. Those airships are great. That siren airship looks really strange but it works. I tried that terran hover tank against 3 T-80:s. Those T-80:s got shredded by it.

does that link have the full mod in it with those soldiers vehicles and mechs?

Edited by Zedrein

Is this tank in this or the other mod :M4 Geryon MBT(Hover) ?

Edited by 33BO11OF00
info

does that link have the full mod in it with those soldiers vehicles and mechs?

no mechs yet

Is this tank in this or the other mod :M4 Geryon MBT(Hover) ?

and thats a different mod, this is 3148 Apocalypse, not Mr. Duck's Terran Mod.

Maybe those Mr duck tanks can be used in this mod IF Mr Duck gives the permission to use them ;) .By the way: Is there ANY tanks yet in this mod? I like to know this

Edited by 33BO11OF00
INFO & QUESTION

Maybe those Mr duck tanks can be used in this mod IF Mr Duck gives the permission to use them ;) .By the way: Is there ANY tanks yet in this mod? I like to know this

the republicans have tanks.

As you can see folks, thanks to my secret team, the savenger rifle is in game:

scavringame2.jpg

I've been arming it on different units to see what concepts i can come up with:

scavringame.jpg

and yes...its ergonomic. The only downside is the optics. I don't know how to get the scope on it to look like a scope in the optics. When you press v to use the optics it looks like your staring down an m16. Once i get the optics to behave ill ship it out, and DAMN, you should hear how it sounds. pdddap.

Edited by BronzeEagle

The only downside is the optics. I don't know how to get the scope on it to look like a scope in the optics. When you press v to use the optics it looks like your staring down an m16..

Try with this in the weapon config :

modelOptics="\XMS\optika_XMS";

Maybe those Mr duck tanks can be used in this mod IF Mr Duck gives the permission to use them

i dont think mr.duck have any problems with us editing his addons if what i read in his readme is right (damn of course it's right!!! lol)

don't worry, i've finished already modeling the new MBT,APC (both based on mr Duck's design) and also new Medusa (based on the illustration bronzeEagle proposed), but still need to do some UVWwrap...(still no pic, maybe tomorrow)

and for information on v1 release,

all the small arms will be replaced with new models (the rep's gun was a test actually) but since this new rep guns model looks more ass-kicking than the terrans', i will also design a new one...

and also, for the MOD folder's official name is @3148, i've spent some little time working on custom GUI also. and real sorry for not putting the instruction how to install the mod folder...i thought there was no newbie playing OFP anymore since it's an old GAME

lastly, i wasn't planning to put my own custom map into v1 release but if there's any world-maker interested in making one, plz contact me.

Edited by DunnoDunKe

we have the models for them actually, but getting them in game is all up to our modelers and how they feel. it was a difficult two or three days getting the warthog into the game but im proud of them for sticking it through. they know who they are. Immediately next up is the pelican dropship which we have a model for but no config. Soon as the Pelican is in game and we have troop transport i can start editing the missions for the campaign.

that warthog i got in game, i just sent over to you. It be nice if you would at least acknowledge who do did that. No harm in naming names, its nice to have where credit is due.

that warthog i got in game, i just sent over to you. It be nice if you would at least acknowledge who do did that. No harm in naming names, its nice to have where credit is due.

oh yeah thats right roadkill did help. ill mention you in the readme. theres going to be a whole new readme with the inclusion of the new ScavR so ill mention you there. Sorry for that.

@Bronze sorry about not being able to talk on msn lastnight. my mother got her results back and her cancer has returned in her spine and rib cage i had to have some alone time. i'll be able to start modeling in a few days.

Sorry to hear about your mother Zedrein. Sometimes fate can be cruel. I hope she's getting better :( :(

@Bronze sorry about not being able to talk on msn lastnight. my mother got her results back and her cancer has returned in her spine and rib cage i had to have some alone time. i'll be able to start modeling in a few days.

take your time bro.

sad news, mate. I had the same, 4 months ago.

I hope your mother will recover quickly :)