Sign in to follow this  
DunnoDunKe

New Sci-Fi Mod

What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????

• Futuristic Soldiers And Tanks
    • Mech Units (still unavailable yet though)
    • It's a Sci-Fi, that is all the matter
    • It's just another mod, so why don't we play it..
    • I dont give a damn about this Mod (lol)

About the mech design-the AT-43 board game has some pretty cool designs and I think you could get some inspiration from it :P

hussarAT43-reg.jpg

firetoad.jpg

at-43-rb-dotch-yaga.jpg

IMO I would like to see those more "real looking" than that anime-like walkers.

those are kewl mechs but i myself like biped mechs along the line of the wanzers and gundam. but i dont care much for the sleekness of gundam designs. while im here i got a problem with OFP:goty when i go into the video options and try to set the detail of the terrain to the highest setting the game kinda locks up on me. is their any way i could just edit a config file or something so i can have the maxed out settings without getting the lock up?

i think not bruh, this game runs on supercomputers. you'll never achieve maxed out settings.

No-one I know of sets the terrain above high.In simple terms

the increase in complexity makes the terrain very "lumpy".

But that's not nescessarily as good as it sounds.

Personally I find it a bit annoying trying to move through the

terrain on anything above normal.Especially in a vehicle.

There's a lot of bouncing around.

:)

Terrain on very high is just for show or screenshot, the problem with this kind of setting is the massive hit on your system, those lost ressources would be better used for missions, AI, effect, view distance etc...

Normal is usually the max recommended and it is the MP standard if i remember well.

Lowering the terrain setting usually gives a big boost in performance.

the increase in complexity makes the terrain very "lumpy".

But that's not nescessarily as good as it sounds.

Well, maybe on a more "bumpy" terrain, people would not get that easily killed by tanks when assaulting from a beach ;)

but the system i run this on is well capable of doing this game on max and beyond. "runs Crysis and more on the highest settings" its all good im stuck on low end ground terrain.

you'll appreciate the low setting more when you try to put some units down. theres alot more that goes into this game then crysis besides graphically. we're talking facial animations, ai for every unit, etc.

kewl, thanks to you guys for the imput. @ Bronze and the others on the mod team... when are any of you going to contact me on msn to talk about what im supposed to start on ?

Also.... how do i run mods in OFP? i DL'ed your mod but where do i put it and how do i run it?

Edited by Zedrein

i added you on msn so add me right now. ill be waiting.

Edited by BronzeEagle

okay guys, i've found what's wrong with tracer scripts...all this thnx to Aeo for saying

it has no impact on performance untill you fire about 2 clips of ammo
..i just realize that the file, tracer.sqs and tracerMG.sqs have no exit command in the scripts, which mean, the cpu will compute every single shot for eternity lol... due to some reasons, i will not upload the updated (sorry, but trust me that i want to give it you guys if i can)...

THE FIX, at the bottom line of the file (Tracer.sqs and TracerMg.sqs), add this:

?_time <1 : goto "loop"

exit

and be sure to remove the old "goto loop" part at the bottom,

i'm sorry im not good in explaining but if there're someone who understand this, plz help me to explain better..:( and i dunno if Aeo already done a better job on the scripts, but this is for someone who wants to play the MOD with effects for this time being.;)

gunny24 thnx mate for your support, i really appcreciate it;)

btw razor X, i was wondering where did u go..lol..u'r still here it seems

And, Aeo thnx again to for your feedbacks, they helps me a lot, but regarding the jump scripts, i still got no answer to the problem you're having (and everyone else too guess) when i edit the scripts, it just get worst..lol, shame on me..

and lastly, bigfoot, the mechs are cool, i like the last model..maybe i can make it as heavy mech or something like planetry defense gun..(of course with a bit of modernized design);),

i have a surprise guys. Not only did we fix the tracer script awhile back, we also been working on adding the warthog for the terrans:

3148 Apocalypse v0.97 Beta

warthog.jpg

custom gatling gun animation, custom gunner animation, custom sounds.....

Edited by BronzeEagle

you guys are awesome. do we get the pelican and the Sparrowhawk vtol, also?

we have the models for them actually, but getting them in game is all up to our modelers and how they feel. it was a difficult two or three days getting the warthog into the game but im proud of them for sticking it through. they know who they are. Immediately next up is the pelican dropship which we have a model for but no config. Soon as the Pelican is in game and we have troop transport i can start editing the missions for the campaign.

Edited by BronzeEagle

Help! I put this apocalypse mod in MOD folder. I made a shortcut for it and it doesn't work. What's the problem here?

What's the path do your mod folder? And how does your OFP shortcut's target line look like?

My path is: E:\OperationFlashpoint\@Apoca

My shortcut path is : E:\OperationFlashpoint\FlashpointPreferences.exe -mod=@Apoca

You need to have the game exe file in the shortcut, not the preferences application. So change the shortcut to:

E:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe -nomap -mod=@Apoca

That should work.

Edited by Rellikki

:) :yay: :) BronzeEagle. Check my posts #169 and #171. I have problems. Maybe YOU can help.'

Arg! I just realized. The files are in @Apoca folder. Should they be in @Apoca\Addons folder like in other custom mods? The setup readme in the zip don't tell ANYTHING about the custom mod folders. Fix that. Please.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
info & suggestion & BUG WARNING