Sign in to follow this  
DunnoDunKe

New Sci-Fi Mod

What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????

• Futuristic Soldiers And Tanks
    • Mech Units (still unavailable yet though)
    • It's a Sci-Fi, that is all the matter
    • It's just another mod, so why don't we play it..
    • I dont give a damn about this Mod (lol)

Whoa! This looks great. I have got to try this one out. Is this that apocalypse mod or something else mod? Tell me this please. I have found out that there is a free version of 3DSMAX available. It is call GMax. It is a stripped version of 3DS MAX. Sheesh this 3DS MAX program is very very expensive! There is a article in Wikipedia about this GMax.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
*info*

Whoa! This looks great. I have got to try this one out. Is this that apocalypse mod or something else mod? Tell me this please. I have found out that there is a free version of 3DSMAX available. It is call GMax. It is a stripped version of 3DS MAX. Sheesh this 3DS MAX program is very very expensive! There is a article in Wikipedia about this GMax.

Its the same thread, so yes, its the same mod.

I got an idea.

Dunno, what you could do is take one of these hummer packs that are out there like SEF or CBT, you got the driver animation, the cargo one too, but do the gunner animation so the hands look right, and mount the handheld terran weapons on the top, so you have hummers but with futuristic weapons mounted on them.

But here goes the latest update thanks to a special friend of mine whose name i won't mention. Not sure if he wants to mention it or not. But the cockpit glass on the sirens are fixed now upping this version to v0.96:

3148 Apocalypse Mod v0.96 Beta

republicanvehicles.jpg

(Republican Vehicles)

Now all we need are some Terran vehicles and the war can begin.

Edited by BronzeEagle

hey guys fantastic mod so far i love it oh just wondering i have a crap ton of halo combat evolved models (with warthogs marines aliens etc) i think the marine models would look good for plantery defence forces etc if u want them let me know

apocwithwawmechs.th.jpg

oh found some very very old mecha addons called waw done by a japnese blokey

suits the terrians so so well if u want them ill send them i dnt think the origanal author is about anymore

oh more pics of the mecha so u can gather what i mean

mech1.th.jpg

mech2.jpg

mech3i.jpg

just click to veiw pictures

Edited by snowballrules666
found new stuff and dont want to flame

First off, im new to fourm. ( i joined to i could praise/provide support to you guys for this mod ) So let me just give u guys a hello and and double thumbs up for your work thus far on this mod. Ive spent some time with your mod and just tried out v.96

Ihe following is things i thought could use a possible second look. With order of most problematic to least problematic. please keep in mind i have the highest level of respect for you guys and the work you have done so far. also, some of the issues i will talk about i dont doubt you guys already know about or possibly maybe even intentionally left untouched due to a busy life. either case, i understand life happens and comes first. well let me begin

1. the new FX: while very pleasing to look at, the new FX (i think) causes a type of lag from the script you said u wanted someone to optimize. it has no impact on performance untill you fire about 2 clips of ammo. then the bullet FX them selves flicker untill you finnaly cannot see them all together. at this point, the frame rate has dropped considerably and u can no longer see any tracers or any of the new FX. *My suggestion for a quick easy fix untill you can optimise the scripts = revert back to older fx from v.9 (blue line, not as cool or easy to track but i had no problems with those FX.*

2. Minor and Major Animation Glitches/hickups: now most of these i know are painfully obvious to you guys, but, even with the recent updates most of the major crash causeing ones seemed to have been eliminated. i still have not seen if v.96 fixes a little issue i had with the assault trooper (republican jump type troo) where he would play good and proper; but, when my buddy landed next to me after jumping during our LAN game... his character was stuck in the pose taken during the jump (only on my client, not his). while this didnt directly affect mine or his gameplay, it was a little wierd to look over and seen his character hovering in that pose instead of walking in the normal fashion. Another small issue is when crouched with a rifle, once u move to run foward there is a small period where u are kind of "held back". most of the ones involving mis-placed hands during various animations im sure u know about. (IE. climbing, dieing, looting, saluting, and lots of other short misc anims.) the "Belt" of ammunition of the APC is not animated like the jeep's gun. some of the weapons bolts' dont slide when fired, other weapons like the MR5W dont eject bullet casings.

there is nothing else really too worth mentioning at the time conserning bugs and the like, but keep in mind i have alot of free time in the recent so i will be glad to help in-depth debuging of whatever u ask for more detail on.

but now, i want to talk more about my thoughts in general on the mod and some possible contributions (idea wise). first off, i think this mod is awesome... the artistic styling of the infantry thus far are really great. the vehicles (the ones ive gotten my mits on) are great and well styled as well... i cant wait to see what the terran vehicles look like. with the animation fixes of .95 the soldiers no longer holster thier weapons across thier chest while holding pistols, i know this was most likly either out of necessity or intention but i say consider puting it back... it was something different and looked cool in third person. also the new third person view..... has to be adjusted.... i liked to see my characters bulky legs moving as he walked, and now its too close to see. perhaps if you back it out so the bottom of the foor was barly visable.... but of course keep the over-the-shoulder factor(as it is a nice toutch). The new terran missle launcher is sweet!(make one for the repubs!) a small idea for the missle launchers is to change the way they are attached to your character. i was thinking horizontally, just below the backpack as if it was strapped to the underside of your pack. in general, i like the soldier i play to have the most "decked out" look. backpacks, extra clip holders, and misc items make the soldier look meaner to me. so maybe make it so when your pistol is holstered is doesnt disappear into a rift in spacetime. instead, have it maybe attached to his right thigh... as this where the current animation makes it look like he makes a grab for a weapon when equipping a pistol. or maybe slung across the chest like the three point sling type holster animation for the rifle you used before.

well ill talk more with you guys later. please remember to ask me if there is anything specific you want me to test or need extra feed back on as im fully willing to help the cause! :coop:

P.s.: btw, the most recent addition.. the cockpit for the plane (sorry name skips my mind right now, damn that herb) are exceptional and look very nice, 10/10!

yes man we could really use the warthog and the dropship. im going to contact you via pm.

Edited by BronzeEagle
Quoted hotlinked images

i have an idea, as far as the briefing page goes. Okay, right now its a map with a notepad and pen. In the future i don't think they'll be using a pad and pen, they'll use something digital. Could we make it something like a blackberry and we can program what it says on it?

edit:

sorry for double posting, ill see if i can delete this one...

Edited by BronzeEagle

i like your thinking, i did notice that when you go into options its a labtop that opens to reveal the menu... why not use that modle with different menu? could make things easier. just untill you make a custom object if that's what's intended.

This is turning into a total conversion of sorts :yay:, a very compelling one at that. keep us posted and good luck.

If your interested i have the halo warthog working in game, was planning to get all of the halo addons in game. But just don't have the time at the moment.

Anyway keep up the good work :)

ok, oh! my god, this mod is full of bugs :eek:

no i'm kidding, :D

the only problem was the cockpit (solved now), btw the soldiers have a little problem with the animations when they get out of a vehicle, but nothing really important.

great job, guys :thumbsup: nice models Dunno ;)

roadkill plz send the warthog to my email. email in your pm box. and if you can, plz get the pelican dropship in game too. With these two units we can initiate the war missions i have planned.

Edited by BronzeEagle

nice to meet you all. i dont know why i have not found this game until i got OFPDR and started looking around lmao. i am a fellow modder and a 3d modeler although not the best that ever was lol i really like to model mechs, vehicles and weps. if i can help you guys at all Please just let me know. i have several custom humanoid biped mechs i am willing to give you guys so you can use them. if needed. :D

here are some pics of some of my earlier mechs........... ------->

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/SteelKiller01/ThroneMechV-5posecannon.png

"the tank mech is not mine but i have been given the right to use it for whatever i wish"

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/SteelKiller01/Tankmechsizerender.png

"Heres one of my other early mech designs. i went for a fire power style for this one"

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/SteelKiller01/Zythe2.png

"This is one of my Faves. Havok "no relation to the havok gundams"

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/SteelKiller01/HavokTexturedpose1.png

I would post more but i am limited to only FIVE Images per post. these models range from 2k-4k polys. BUT! they can be optimized. i am trying to get a mech mod going for OFPDR but its too early to tell if its even possible. one thing that brought my attention to this mod is the use of Mechs AND! some kewl soldiers. man these soldiers you guys have are just wicked.

Edited by Rellikki
Posted images > 100kb

Welcome to the forums, Zedrein. Nice to see new modders in the OFP scenes. :) I would advise you though to review the forum rules. Hotlinking images larger that 100kb is not permited here.

XD i did i just had to edit the post a bit. it seems as if this forum takes a bit for the updates to kick in. please remember those renders i posted above are older models i have made. i could..... model whatever design you want as long as its not too complicated. i have been wanting to join or make a mod like this for along time. im very glad to see you guys putting all of this together and i will do anything i can to help if you guys will let me. :cool:

PM me and ill give you my msn and xfire info.

PS> i am very sorry for hotlinking those images. i did not know i should not do that. thanks for not bringing the hammer down on me for that. i will not make that mistake again.

Edited by Zedrein

thanks alot. ^^ i am in the US Central timezone but i am almost on all the time. :cool:

i am still trying to get the game updated lmao @ myself i dont know much at all about this game and its engine and patches ATM. "Zeds got OFP NooB wrote all on his face"

BTW Invite Sent!

Edited by Zedrein

ofp resistance 1.96 is what you need.

@roadkill: still no sign of those working in game models. once you send them i can begin on the campaign. patiently waiting roadkill.

Edited by BronzeEagle

loool, Dante, you really got me with your joke, lol..btw, sorry guys, bout the animation, it's something i couldn't handle with short of time, but believe me, i'm trying to put everything in place, just need some time..:cool:..and thnx for all the feedbacks guys...

and Zadrein, from what i see, you have your skills in MECHA, i dunno if BronzeEagle already told you to do anything but, as from me, personnaly, i wish you could model a landmate-sized mecha (bout 2.5-3m height) for the terran, with a style of District 9 mecha would do good also, coz im currently reworking the Razor X landmate for the Rep..(but his landmate too big) anyway, haven't heard from him for a long time...:confused:

anyway thanx again for supporting this MOD...till next time:cool:

dunno do you want to use the halo models? thats what i been focusing on. somebody donated some so i figured we could use them for the terrans.

man your mod is cool, i love vtol´s:-) hope you produce more variant´s maybe a more slim siren that looks more agil:-) with anti tank missiles and wingtips

i got to get everything in order and ill start modeling. been a hectic weekend around here. does it matter which version of 3dsmax i use to make the models with? i have both max7 and max8.

@BronzeEagle i will check that site out and grab those tools also.

Edited by Zedrein