Sign in to follow this  
DunnoDunKe

New Sci-Fi Mod

What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????

• Futuristic Soldiers And Tanks
    • Mech Units (still unavailable yet though)
    • It's a Sci-Fi, that is all the matter
    • It's just another mod, so why don't we play it..
    • I dont give a damn about this Mod (lol)

i came up with a storyline for the units:

theres a war going on, a power struggle, with the terrans on one side, and the republicans

on the other. Our story takes place in a terran city on the edge of the desert. The desert

on the outside of the city is referred to as "outland".

Outlanders are people who have been cast out of the city. In the past, a disease that

targets women was unleashed by the republicans and almost eliminated the entire female

population. Women are very few, real ones at least. So the terrans created the special

city to protect the earths miniscule female population. Men who aren't found attractive by

these women have the option of cloning themselves and that brings us to our lead character.

He works for a corporation in the city and lives a good life, but he desires more than

anything to be a part of something. Have friends. Go places and do things with other

people. One night he travels to the flamin wheels club to meet other bikers like him and

he finds trouble. Theres a fight between the street bikers and the chopper riders and when

gunfire breaks out over a female that enters the scene, the street bikers escape into the

desert, "outland".

the boy and his company are in outland and must sneak their way back into the city before

the biker gangs have their way with the silver dragon restaurant (the street bikers hang

out) so they decide to keep riding through outland till they reach the republicans, if the

republicans help them get back in, they'll help the republicans infiltrate the city. Soon

the boy finds out that they made a mistake in trusting the republicans as they begin tearing

up the city with bombs, machines and soldiers. The terran army fights back and the boy

helps repel them. Suddenly he's found something to live for. Something to be a part of.

Plus i designed a gun:

attachment.php?attachmentid=82856&d=1255230016

the trigger is in the middle hole and the grenade launcher is under the barrell. Its an all in one machine gun, rifle, and grenade launcher. Shoots thirty rounds of 7.62 ammo and sounds like a machine gun.

Edited by BronzeEagle

nice work BronzeEagle...can i retouch it so it wont resemble any P90, M16, and SIG552 looks?...

and very detailed bout the story line..the role of each faction are clearly stated..nice going..but to be honest, i dunno which story that we should take..we made alot already...lol..you decide that one.

sorry2, it was rude of me, i've took vacation for almost 2 weeks long i guess, lol..coz i didn have any motivation to work on OFP, real-life probs..

but i've updated a little with the addons, and the republican now have air transport, not real finished yet, but can be released as beta, the anim are also updated, almost 30% of WH40K are now replaced..also the terran now have AT weapon...but the sad thing, ive decided to cancel putting tracer effects coz it cause too much lag.

expect release tomorrow

Edited by DunnoDunKe

that looks rather front heavy and it fires 2 different cartriges?

that looks rather front heavy and it fires 2 different cartriges?

it fires a regular 7.62 round and has a grenade slot in the front. you put your hand under the barrel in the front and in the chamber where the trigger is in the middle you put your trigger finger, put your thumb in the rear hole and put the butt in front of your shoulder. And yes dunno you can retouch it.

Edited by BronzeEagle

Then why does it have a P90 mag on top? ;)

STGN

I have to agree with STGN. The gun doesn't look really ergonomic. It's rather long and the magazine looks like it would be in the way. Maybe with a little bit of re-designing, it might turn out better.

the length is for range, and i only want the official clip to be the one in the rear. just ignore the p90 clip, and connect the body parts into one body. if i could draw it in you'd see, ill try.....

myweapon.jpg

I call it the X70 LMG/GL. A machine gun round, rifle grip grenade launcher. Your thumb of your hand goes in the back hole, trigger finger in the trigger hole, and other three fingers in the space below the trigger hole, and your left hand goes under the m203 barrel so its ergonomic. I guess i could add a ris handle though, but its just like holding a shotgun. Up to your shoulder and boom. Dunno im telling ya it'll be awesome. And besides if you're creating aliens, make their hand all alien like so it fits the rifle.

Man thats a bad@$$ gun man i dgaf what you guys say that gun kicks MAJOR ass. im telling ya wait till i get the sound effects on it. pdddap.

Oh and make the shells come out just above the trigger where that grey part is. Beyond our current reasoning. Man that guns gonna kick so much ass. I want to take that into battle.

you can't say rifles can't be that long, remember longboar muskets? so they can.

Edited by BronzeEagle

well, that's the reason for the retouching..and im sure bronzeEagle is well aware that it's awkward to model such rifle exactly like in the pic..but what STGN said is right, it looks front heavy, so, let's not make it LMG but HMG instead...btw, the release was supposed to be today, but im really sorry, the connection problem again..(if someone think it's just an excuse, so be it)

..but im trying my hardest in my own end...chilzzz

i particularly like the second and third rifles. the first one reminds me of that combat shotgun that was released. The apc looks great.

and:

Nova_RMG-23.jpg

Royal_Enfield_Ordnance_25_mm_Cockerill_Assault_Cannon.jpg

Royal_Enfield_Ordnance_7,5_mm_LPA1.jpg

idw53mainbattletank02.th.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

the last picture

ultimatehavoktp901024.th.jpg

Edited by Sennacherib

in this list i like the third rifle the most and the two vehicles both of them. This is a wealth of resources.

DAMN! Dunno you've got to check out the gallery on this website. Its got loads of designs for futuristic stories. Btw, if you download the appleseed mod theres an island in there called city which i use as the backdrop for my story. I was also thinking, in the campaign i make, im going to have the terrans refer to the republicans as implants, maybe. Look at these civillian designs:

CIVILLIAN: In the future even civillians must carry guns for the unknown nature of the warfare scenario which they are faced with throughout the city. Here are a few ideas for civillian life.

civillian search team

civillians

civillian scientist armed

cool looking armed civillian

another armed civillian

design for civillian cargo vessel

civillian spaceliner

civillian racing design, would go good with my street bikes pack

GUNS:

and this page is where the gun designs start, worth looking...

a few more guns, kinda blurry

EAST ALIENS:

now this is a good base design for an alien minus the human face

another badass idea for an east enemy

enemy military designs

TERRANS:

a utility vehicle for the terrans perhaps?

Terran border patrol operations?

Terran bomb disposal perhaps?

REPUBLICANS:

this ones got fastropes, possibly for the republicans, minus the red of course

MECHA: These mechs look so good, i don't care if they roll around on wheels, i would love to see them in game.

at the bottom of this page is where the mech designs start

BOH mod did a mech very similar to this one

Edited by BronzeEagle

DAMN I just love you guys....thnx a lot Dante, surely it would be a ton of inspiration for me, and bronzeEagle, armed civilian? never thought about, it's fantastic...btw bronzeEagle, check ur mail...

and for this new coming update, there's not much in the pack, i just did some little changes to the old models that i made for the vehicle, long time ago, for that very reason, i'd like to apologize to all of you..but honestly, it's not like i want to give unfinished addons to you guys, it just that i thought people have waited long enough for complete army of the republican and the terran, of course for more convenience in mission making....

btw, let's wait for BronzeEagle to give us the link for the Update Download.

The tempo is startin to pick up a little around here.... :D.

here goes the v0.95 beta update of the 3148 Apocalypse Mod. Have at it boys.

download

NEW:

1. Over the shoulder view in third person. Very helpful indeed.

2. New Terran AT soldier.

3. New vehicles. Also a big help. In my vision i wanted to have Republican (trying not to say enemy) aircraft strafing the Terran city and with the new VTOLs i can do that. BTW the animations you've done on the Sirens are a major breakthrough, if only they made Ospreys do that.

4. Driver animation is corrected, hands no longer in the air. Same with gunner. Something that was bugging me for awhile finally fixed.

5. There were a few sound bugs i fixed on my own but.....

Problems i can't fix:

1. In the back of the troop transport VTOL its just open with no gate or nothing to stop people from falling out the back, i can see past that for now though. Its not like they're going to actually fall out.

2. Can't see through the VTOL cockpit glass. THATs another thing I CAN'T fix but i can see past because they can switch to third person and do it that way till we fix that.

3. The units hands detach when they get into vehicles. Another animation that needs polished along with picking up gear.

Help me iron out these bugs for the next release guys!!

and Dunno, your good at this man. Don't give up! Your designs are very nice. If we can just nail these civillians we won't even need aliens. Hit these civillians and take a break dude. Peep the designs I posted. Most of them are in orange or tan, since its civillian in nature (People like scavengers and scientists who have to work in the war zone). The guns are for personal defence in a bad area, so we want to reflect that with our units.

ahhh these are good times, and to think i never gave up on this game. This mod is going to be a true gem I just know it.

Edited by BronzeEagle

thnx for the link bronzeEagle, but I'm really sorry for all those major bugs, i was in hurry back at my home, maybe i missed a lot of thing..so, for the cockpit error, open the Siren's model and goto view-pilot lod, select the cockpit, cut it, and then paste it again in the same LOD...if something still wrong, cut and paste the object inside the cockpit..

ahhh sh*t. I can't do it. Someone else with Bulldozer will have to but thanks for the instructions. Now we know how to fix it. That should be the last bug before new models are added....

...and i like the spec ops machine gunner, now he's got his helmet on....or is it a droid?

terranspecop.jpg

Terran Cyclops Unit Special Operations Team Automatic Rifleman

Edited by BronzeEagle

ok then, i'll leave it to you bronzeEagle:). I guess you guys will be satisfied, (no need 100%, 80% would be enough) with the update and i hope it will do for now..till next time.:cool:

once we get the cockpit working we'll reupload and ill dish out a new link. Good luck on those civillians!!

Hello guys, there's nothing to tell just that i need more feedbacks from you people, any type of feedbacks; dissatisfaction, idea, bugs...that's all

add terran vehicles:

Now that the Republicans are virtually taken care of, we need something for the Terrans as far as vehicles go.

correct more animations:

In some of the animations the hands are separated such as climbing ladders and getting into vehicles, really kills the mood. I am glad that the driving animation has been corrected though, at least now we can have them use vehicles and not look awkward, though the gunner animation on anything other than the republican jeep is kinda off.

random screenshot:

terranmg.jpg

Terran Automatic Rifleman

Edited by BronzeEagle