Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

anyone try Sound mods from Arma1?

Has anyone attempted to get any of the arma1 sound mods to work in Arma 2? chammys is the one im interested in personally.

Some stuff converts easy, most of it needs rejigging for the new config parameters as well as the fact A2 has more sounds allocated for most things now. Out of everything I did for Arma 1 only the sonic cracks ported pretty much directly :(

BTW

Don't worry about hearing chammy's stuff in the new game, I'm certain it will come along soon enough :)

yah I just need some gunfire that sdound realistc at distances. Trails off as you get further away. With VOP right now even if they are 300 meters away their is no echo or noise trail off. The best thing right now is your A-10 mod. The GAU makes me cream my pants a little when it goes off. We have A-10s here at Osan AB in Korea and I have to say the whine of that engine is spot on to your mod. Tight work. If you havent seen this video you shoud. http://www.apacheclips.com/media/2317/A-10-Close-Call/

Yep...our lads again....close air again...poor buggers, I hope they all lived to tell the tale :)

P.s

A10 package will go final soon btw ;)

Edited by Mark XIII

it totaly pwned all other sound mods.

:rolleyes:

Sound modification design isn't built around nor aimed at "pwning" the other sound modders.

;)

:rolleyes:

Sound modification design isn't built around nor aimed at "pwning" the other sound modders.

;)

regardless it was the most "over all" realistic sound mod out there so it did "pwn" all other sound mods :D

and It is the one i am hoping gets released for arma2..i tried VOP..then got rid of it.

regardless it was the most "over all" realistic sound mod out there so

ahh the whole 'realistic sound' mod bullshit again.

..Coz I'm thinking of releasing my next mod with ear defenders an a box containing the smell of cordite .............

Final version eh? What does that consist off? New impact sounds?

Yes mate, you could say that :)

Edited by Mark XIII

..Coz I'm thinking of releasing my next mod with ear defenders an a box containing the smell of cordite .............

to me realistic does not = LOUD..maybe to you, but not to me.

"realistic" means the right sounds.

I would think since your supposed to be a sound modder you would understand that :rolleyes:

I would think since your supposed to be a sound modder you would understand that

seems like you understand very little about anything...since you've offered what??? to the community...I wait for the day we hear your take on realism, when you put hours of work in to be insulted by me.

I really hope chammy reads this thread

Again, there's nothing wrong with having a preference--we all have them. Someone prefers this sound mod, another one may like another. Someone may prefer so and so's take on a country's particular used equipment, and yet others may like another modder's approach/style more. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a personal preference, and many times nothing wrong with showing that preference.

But then when people come in and make such deliberate asinine and blatant ball-busting remarks, nearly going around all like "omgwtfbbq you got pwned!!!11111", what's that accomplishing other than being a prick who is discouraging other people in the community from trying and producing anything--or at least making them consider not releasing anything publicly?

Sure, there's some silent competition plenty of times between modders--but 9 out of 10 times, it's kept civil...and let's admit it, it helps keep people growing in talent and learn. Just like graphic designing competitions and forums, for example, where everyone submits their take on a project. Everyone always brings something new to the table and pushes everyone else harder to better themselves and hone in their talents. They're not going "I totally pwned you and everyone else-HAHA!" That's just being a spiteful d*ck. :rolleyes:

We do what we do because we enjoy it and because we also want to share that enjoyment with the community. If you wanna cup someone's balls, that's fine and by your right--but use a little more tact so you're not taking a sh*t on everyone else who are using their free time to give to the community equally as well.

You know how boring the community would be if there was only 1 guy or 1 team per "category"? 1 Sound guy, 1 Map maker, 1 mission maker, etc for the entire lifespan of the game? Where's the variety? Where's the creative spins?

Ugh, why do I even bother--these words will only go in one virtual ear and out the other anyway... :j:

These guns need to have realistic echo to them. Thats the main thing most lack. Echo and distance trail off while sounding real enough to the shooter. If you have that, than you have good sound in my book!

seems like you understand very little about anything...since you've offered what??? to the community...I wait for the day we hear your take on realism, when you put hours of work in to be insulted by me.

Get of your high horse and stop being so defensive.

I stated my opinion that Chammy's mod presented a higher % of realistic sounds..even added a :D to show I wasn't trying to be a prick. It is after all my opinion.

you retaliate with

which to me looks like you are comparing "realistic sound" to just louder.

I then state my opinion on that, with a slight jab at you followed by yet another smiley to show I mean no offense.

trying to loosen things up cause you obviously got all bent out of shape about my comment.

My "take on realism" is based on 14 years in the Military and being in 6 different war zones, so I tend to have a higher standard of what I think sounds "real" then those that base their sound on what they hear in movies ( again this is not directed at you so remain calm )

and I am truly sorry I am not a modder nor have the skills to mod, I guess I'll just have to make do with serving my country and let others with the skills serve the arma community.

on a side note your A-10 mod was the first mod I installed for Arma2, because it is the best there is out there.