Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

PvPvAI Gamemode CROOKS for ArmA 2

Enforcer1975: Yeah, I'm sorry... v1.10 is FUBAR (only 1 sqm as you stated), so I've released a new fully fixed version 1.20:

Changelog v1.20:

- policemen now have 3 clips and M9 Beretta at the start (but not after any respawns)

- arms dealers and Russian guards don't open fire on serial killer anymore

- serial killer will be considered enemy to AI if he approaches army base in Gorka/Berezino or police station

link 2 file: first post in this topic.

If you have any gameplay related questions please let me know. When you first start the game check Notes -> For Noobs to get the full instructions, it isn't too hard ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

We're testing v1.21 on "SBP Crooks 1.21" server, its open for everyone ;) we squashed at least 5 bugs ;)

New version (v1.3) is in the final beta testing stage and this time its running on my Panthera island.

crooks13.jpg

I'm releasing a new CROOKS v1.3: Island Panthera Edition!

Installation

1. Put file RPG26_Crooks_v13.Panthera2.pbo in your \MPMissions folder

2. Install and unpack Island Panthera v2.31 ((get latest island version here -> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7467) as @Panthera folder and run game with -mod=@Panthera parameter. If you're running a dedicated server signed files are also present along with my public key.

Changelog v1.3:

- Island Panthera Edition, mission moved to my island due to several requests

- many fixes, now evidence needs to be picked at the Courthouse by Police Chief and it takes longer for Judge to review it.

- completely new Jail design

- fixed selectable start time (Night, Morning, Noon, Afternoon and Evening)

- fully tested in MP (dedicated server) with 16 players (tnx to SBP Team!)

You can grab it here!

Edited by IceBreakr

Hey, I just came across this yesterday on Armaholic and played for a little while. I haven't tried it online as I usually play MP maps by myself and was glad to see that I could play that way with this mission.

I wanted to be the serial killer but accidentally selected the 2 crooks instead. It was kind of suspenseful killing the prostitutes and then driving around in a stolen car waiting for police to crawl out of the woodwork. However, I didn't encounter a single officer. I know it's a pretty big game world so maybe I got lucky or didn't kill enough prostitutes. I look forward to playing this again tonight.

Will the cops randomly patrol the towns or will they do that only when a crime takes place? If no one is killed, could I simply walk past an officer with no problem? Can they ID you when you're driving in a car? I killed enough prostitutes for the game to inform me that the cops had acquired air support ability but like I said, I didn't run into any officers. Like I said, it was kind of suspenseful as I felt like I had really committed a crime and was apprehensive about the cops just showing up. This mission has lots of potential and I hope development continues.

I haven't played it online so I don't know how successful it is and how good the game play is. I hope that the mission continues to develop in support of non-online players like me against the AI. Thanks a lot for this mission. I'm looking forward to playing it some more.

You should maybe add more life to the maps like civilians walking around that could ID you or witness the murders. Maybe there's a way to implement "hearing" the civilians call the cops over the radio if you're standing close to them? Like I said, this has tons of potential and I really love any sort of RPG mod for Arma. Keep up the good work.

Edited by nuggetz

Nuggetz: hate to disappoint you but this is a MP mission only, officers need to be played by 1-2 human players. Police Chief sets out patrols and he is absolutely needed in this mission. And Serial killer of course. Please check readme file included next time.

We had a total blast yesterday - one of best coop/pvp missions w/ 16 players present and a killer played by a sneaky Slovenian military officer that we didn't even manage to catch! One road block even featured 8(!) cops, we also got in couple of great firefights with 2 criminals: bank robbery in Zelezniki surrounded by a small team, two searches in a sector that cops closed down and a crazy car chase than ended with a big explosion :)

lovelyroadblock.jpg

Criminals even managed to sneak into Police Chief's home and kill his wife:

http://www.shrani.si/f/1M/As/3PySv12G/wifedead.jpg

Luckly officer playing serial killer (main target) got somehow badly injured in a carcrash and we awaited him at the Jail - he got convicted of 4 prostitute murders and we finished him off in front of an Execution wall ;)

This is how our killer looked like, shot from a prison :)

killer.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Ok, now that I feel like a fool I can see how the power of suggestion works. While I was hiding out while playing this mission I could swear I heard vehicles driving in the distance.

Anyway, nice mission but no one is hosting it. :-(

I read the manual and it mentioned AI for dispatcher and civilians so I thought there was AI support. Not to mention the fact that once the game is loaded up in MP, all the slots have the letters AI next to them by default which means that the AI can play that slot. Thats the way it is on any other MP map I play:

I

Edited by nuggetz

Hey, the gamemode sounds great. Is there gonna be another one of these big events any time soon? And is there a dedicated server for it, or do you guys just host a listen one?

How about an offline version. How hard would it be to create? Give us offline people some love.

Lucan946: well we host locked events, but we might do a public one and announce it here with slots to fill (26 max).

nuggetz: you were probably right and heard civilian vehicle roaming around, lol :) well its kinda hard to script cops to be really looking for you, but I can do a SP version where they patrol sectors where girls are?

nuggetz: you were probably right and heard civilian vehicle roaming around, lol :) well its kinda hard to script cops to be really looking for you, but I can do a SP version where they patrol sectors where girls are?

Right, something like that would be a great start. Just have patrols set up around the girls and any where else that might be of interest. Probably wouldn't be close to the experience of playing online but would be a good start.

Our clan had a run on this tonight and I must say it was alot of fun. At first it's frustrating as hell, but when you get used to it it's a riot.

Only thing I disliked really was the lack of weapons, I understand why, but still ;)

Lack of weapons? :) there's a bunch!

Well cops get pistols, couple of shotguns and chief even a M4A1. More weapons get UNLOCKED (appear in HQ crates) after killer kills couple of women. Check two crates in HQ, they should have G36s, M4s and stuff like that when 3-4 girls are dead. If you have a lot of guys playing Cop side you can send one team to take out arms dealers and get weapons from them. Killing two criminals is another way to get more cool weapons. I know I got auto-machinegun in 10 minutes when we stopped 2 bank robbers in Zelezniki ;) of course, Cops need to call for backup and use tricky approach tactics, especially in early situations where enemy is better equiped.

If criminals play well Cops will have trouble seeking out a killer, their ultimate goal. And when 8 girls out of 10 are dead Police Chief can visit Courthouse and issue an arrest warrant for criminals. After that any killed criminal will spawn in Jail and remain captive for the rest of the game. ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

Warzoneusa.com is going to host this mission , depending on the response we will host it 24/7.

Name of the server is warzoneusa.com

I still have a problem with time select. All of the JIP (Join in progress) players have time set to midnight and can't see shit, while others already on server play with sun shinning. How come BIS doesn't sync time on server and all clients? Am I doing something wrong in the mission script? Please help me resolve this annoying bug.

Any news on whether or not this map can be tweaked for SP? Give us SP peeps some love. Or at least maybe some servers that run the map? I love the idea of this and it sucks that I cant play it.

Would be nice if something like this was implemented, so the undercover cop and criminals could actually walk around with a hidden pistol without louking suspicious (i.e. having to kneel to hide secreted weapons). Right now if these roles want to blend in with the civilian crowd (in MP), they have to walk around un-armed.

http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=914&st=0&p=22361entry22361

Sure thing Defunkt.

Both Chernarus & Panthera versions are now packed together.

Crooks v1.33 (200KB zip)

This seems so nice gamemode, its so shame I can't find any servers running it :(

Sure thing Defunkt.

Thank you very much.

Just by-the-by, for anybody who enjoys playing this with A2T I've posted a customised version of the A2T client which (amongst other changes) adds long range radios for the police Ladas. It is totally compatible with the original release.

Usually hate to be the one to Necro threads, but can this mission be used in conjunction with ACRE. Also has there been much progress with this mission? I like the fact there are pure PVP elements and you dont have to wait around in some factory for an hour to make money