Sign in to follow this  
wildo

Arma install issue

Arma gives me a "Not enough space to install" error when trying to reinstall it, ive had a fresh install of windows and got all my drivers up to date, everythign else works fine, Arma has worked before on this pc perfectly well, but its now throwing a shit fit :-|

Seriously, no one has an idea even after 27 views? :butbut:

Ive used the forum search but nothings come up >.>

The obvious question, to which you should have answered by yourself in the first post: is there enough space to install the game on your hard disk drive? How can we know if you don't tell us.

I wouldnt have posted something if I knew I didnt have enough space :rolleyes:

I have 242Gb free space, so thats more than enough :p

OK, cool.

So, how about telling us which version of the Windows operating system are you using? :)

There is the Biki page http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Troubleshooting but I didn't see anything there that mentions "not enough space". You might want to check that page by yourself in case you didn't do it yet.

Bugger forgot to mention that lol it's vista sp 1

Just a quick guess:

1. Do you have enough of free space on drive C:? Installation Wizards copy some content there during installation.
  2. Check if you have write permission into target folder - after reinstalling Windows, your user is given a unique ID which will be different from the old one. Check NTFS permission. If you see in the list of permission something like this: S-1-5-32-... it's old user's ID.