Sign in to follow this  
randir14

Hay bales need to be destructable

It's very annoying driving full speed in a tank only to be stopped dead in my tracks by a bale of hay as if it were a boulder. Please change their destruction to something like a small bush, where you can run over it with ease.

agreed! I too ran into the same problem with a tank.

I'm going to agree simply on the grounds that this is the first time on any game forum that I haven't see it spelled "hey bails"....

I mean, I know a tank would eventually win against a bale of hay, but they aren't light and fluffy either.

I think they can end up being between 0.5 to 1.5 tons depending on the hay and the moisture in it, and the size of the bale. I don't think a tank would just flow right through what is essentially a 1.5 ton wall that is higher than it's wheel plane to allow it to climb over.

I think we should get the army R&D to perform an experiment for us to finalize this issue

If we can knock over huge oak trees effortlessly, we can make a cylindric bale roll away.

If we can knock over huge oak trees effortlessly, we can make a cylindric bale roll away.

I see your point :)

Just you tube'd a video of a M-41 tank plowing down a large tree with no problem...a bale of hay should be no problem!

+1

Now we know they're indestructible, it could become a balancing issue for PvP missions.

I'm going to agree simply on the grounds that this is the first time on any game forum that I haven't see it spelled "hey bails"....

I'll second this motion, on the same grounds

+1

They should also fix that slow-downs if you drive through small trees, bushes or fences.

I wouldn't mind if the bales stopped the tank, but like trees, I'd like to see the tank basically crush them gradually after making impact, or some effect. It's a shame we can't roll them out of the way.

Theres something even more funny than the hay bales but im not sure about their english name, i think its sunflowers?

I dont remember where i found them...

The funny thing is that if you shoot the bales they explode.

after running a tractor and bailing hay (yes, for real) I can say that a tank would have no problem at least pushing them around; but in all reality it would probably destroy them. I've used a tractor to push 1.5 ton (1,500-pound) bales around with no problems, but most of the time the twine would brake and it would fall apart

The bales in the game are a little bigger (probably ~2 tons); but it still wouldn't phase a tank IMO