Sign in to follow this  
rasdenfasden

Sights are bugged in certain stances

I made a bug tracker thing about ages ago but it's still bugging me so here's a thread about it!

When you crouch with a rifle, stand with a launcher or have a pistol out an animation plays on your character constantly where his arms move around. This causes your sights to misalign which is terribly annoying and especially bad in the case of a rifle where crouching should make aiming easier than standing, not worse.

Tracker bug page thing and images:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2288

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/1138/anim.JPG

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/1177/buggedsights.jpg

Has this been fixed for 1.03?

Edit: Ah dammit, this was supposed to go in troubleshooting or so

Luhgnut;1392029']you sure you're not just "winded" from running? maybe I misread your post.

Nah, it's a bug as it only happens in one stance with most types of weapons. You can see this the best by grabbing a gun with ironsights and crouching. If you look through the sights you'll see them misalign and move around. This isn't related to exhaustion or stamina, it's just a bug. It happens with all 3D sights (scopes aren't affected), even with aimpoints and stuff where it's harder to see and a lot more "misguiding" as the crosshair then points in the totally wrong direction.

Edited by RasdenFasden

crouching should make aiming easier than standing, not worse.

Crouching is actually portrayed correctly in this game - being crouched is an unstable stance, standing is much easier to aim a gun.

Its a feature but.. i dont think it even affects the a.i.

Its really annoying since AK sights are already useless the way they are.

Crouching is actually portrayed correctly in this game - being crouched is an unstable stance, standing is much easier to aim a gun.

Is it? I mean in real-life, is it? Never thought of it.

I disagree - for me crouched position is the most stable and accurate stance.

Huh?

When crouching you can rest your front arm (the one that holds the front of the gun) on your knee so it's way more stable. When standing your arms are doing all the work which should make your aim way less stable with most guns as many are rather front heavy.

Huh?

When crouching you can rest your front arm (the one that holds the front of the gun) on your knee so it's way more stable. When standing your arms are doing all the work which should make your aim way less stable with most guns as many are rather front heavy.

I think he is trying to say that the weight of the equipment is more cumbersome when you are crouched. This can be why crouching is worse for aiming when you got 80+ lbs. on your back. I remember seeing a thread about crouch aiming a while back.

It does get annoying though when I am looking through the sights of a stinger and I can't even see the Hind. It may be a feature but it needs to be toned down a bit.

not sure if its a feature or bug, but once you shoot its moving anyways... And when standing it moves, more up and down than side to side like in a crouch. this is with steel sites... I like the movement/animation~

Its a feature but.. i dont think it even affects the a.i.

Its really annoying since AK sights are already useless the way they are.

+1

But only noticed it with the M1014 Shotgun yet since im not usning ironsighted weapons that often. Still a very valid point - at least if you want to portray soldiers in ArmA2 and not the "dont worry i´m from the internets" guy.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74364

I allso don't really like to shoot from crouched position, in means of recoil handling, but what i don't understand is: why can't he keep the sight line straigh? The rifle moves around like he's drunk or he has a rifle without a buttstock. Allso scoped rifles are more stable if crouched in ArmA2 (and if you aim with the "crosshair" you are more accurate (the 2 lines are closer) so i don't get the logic)... If it would be the same with all rifles and just the whole rifle moves (no tilt of the sight line), it would be ok for me. But like this people which like to shoot with ironsight rifles/reddot/holosight, going in cover behind something crouched, makes hitting something nearly impossible.

greetz

With some weapons you hardly ever see the bead of your sights, when crouched. I still hope very much it's a bug not a feature... The most "DRIVING ME FU*/%KING NUTS" feature, if it's one :756:

Also the sights seem to get funkified when on a steep incline or decline. Don't know how to explain it but it feels like they get "shortened".