Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Forum searches..

Reading this thread struck a cord with me (not the rude way in which he asked, mind you. Courtesy costs nothing).

I have found that forum searches only seem to turn up posts and threads from before the last forum upgrade. Has anyone else found this, or am I doing something seriously wrong in my searches?

Something is definitely wrong. I've noticed it, too, over the last several weeks.

I just ran two searches: one for "dragunov" and another for "m21". I started troubleshooting threads on both of these subjects just a few weeks ago. Yet, when I search for each term (both titles and posts, TROUBLESHOOTING forum and this month and earlier), my threads don't show up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 19 2002,08:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Something is definitely wrong. I've noticed it, too, over the last several weeks.

I just ran two searches: one for "dragunov" and another for "m21". I started troubleshooting threads on both of these subjects just a few weeks ago. Yet, when I search for each term (both titles and posts, TROUBLESHOOTING forum and this month and earlier), my threads don't show up.<span id='postcolor'>

I can't find my own posts when searching on my user name

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 19 2002,08wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Something is definitely wrong. I've noticed it, too, over the last several weeks.

I just ran two searches: one for "dragunov" and another for "m21". I started troubleshooting threads on both of these subjects just a few weeks ago. Yet, when I search for each term (both titles and posts, TROUBLESHOOTING forum and this month and earlier), my threads don't show up.<span id='postcolor'>

I can't find my own posts when searching on my user name..

Create a FAQ entry for it Okay??

sorry for double post damn refresh error.

Okay you saw my thread.... I'm sorry for my attitude that time i was pissed. My appologies.

Thanx for report.

I found this bug. When you choose > This Year and Older.. Ikonboard cannot find any topic. If you choose This week or Month and older, everything is ok.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SCREAM @ Mar. 19 2002,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found this bug. When you choose > This Year and Older.. Ikonboard cannot find any topic. If you choose This week or Month and older, everything is ok.<span id='postcolor'>

I was choosing this month or older and it wasn't working.

Same here, forum searches don't work.

Looks like "newer" posts are forgotten, but "older" ones are found.

Scary wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 19 2002,15:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SCREAM @ Mar. 19 2002,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found this bug. When you choose > This Year and Older.. Ikonboard cannot find any topic. If you choose This week or Month and older, everything is ok.<span id='postcolor'>

I was choosing this month or older and it wasn't working.<span id='postcolor'>

Uf, I tried to find "dragunov" in TROUBLESHOTING forum, Month and older.. > it works..

its strange. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SCREAM @ Mar. 19 2002,18:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uf, I tried to find "dragunov" in TROUBLESHOTING forum, Month and older.. > it works..

its strange. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Did you find a thread that I started? If not, then it doesn't work.

Same for "M21".

Both in TROUBLESHOOTING forum.

It seems like it can't find any threads/posts originally posted more recently than about mid-February.

Scream, thanks for responding. I hope it's something that can be fixed without too much trouble. smile.gif