Sign in to follow this  
Waterman

ARMA 2 textures in Visitor 3

Hello guys,

I am still so much confused about the whole textures in A2, bcause I dont really understand what happens there

Is it still possible to use ArmA1 rvmats like that one in the same way as used in ArmA1?

ambient[] = {0.9,0.9,0.9,1};
diffuse[] = {0.9,0.9,0.9,1};
forcedDiffuse[] = {0.02,0.02,0.02,1};
specular[] = {0.0,0.0,0.0,0};
specularPower = 1; // specular interpolator must be enabled
emmisive[] = {0,0,0,0};

PixelShaderID = "NormalMapDiffuse";
VertexShaderID = "NormalMapDiffuseAlpha";

//surfaceInfo = "landtext\bumps.bisurf";

class Stage1
{ // normal map
 texture="MB_Testinsel\Data\pisek_detail_nohq.paa";
 uvSource="tex";
 class uvTransform
 {
   aside[] = {10,0,0};
   up[]    = {0,10,0};
   dir[]   = {0,0,10};
   pos[]   = {0,0,0};
  };
};

class Stage2
{
 texture="MB_Testinsel\Data\pisek_detail_co.paa";
 uvSource="tex";
 class uvTransform
 {
   aside[] = {10,0,0};
   up[]    = {0,10,0};
   dir[]   = {0,0,10};
   pos[]   = {0,0,0};
  };
};

In one thread, was it here?? I dont know, someone told somethings about stages he recieved after he used one of Kegeteys tools to open that rvmat, file. I did as same but honestly...what to do their? Isn´t it possible to give some more basic Information about handling with those things?...That would be pretty apriciated. All the things are more professional Stuff, so it´s hard or nearly impossible to reevaluate it if one hasnt´ some further information about this.

I also checked the ressources linked by kju. But most of the content is either not related to textures in Terrainediting or still incomplete stuff.

A short description would be nice and if it´s as same as for ArmA1 then a short note about this would help a lot.

Thanks...

Memphis

I had to make my own rvmat files for Arma2 detail textures as I could not find any for Chernarus. I based them on previous ones.

Here is one I made for trava1 (grass) texture:

ambient[] = {0.9,0.9,0.9,1};
diffuse[] = {0.9,0.9,0.9,1};
forcedDiffuse[] = {0.02,0.02,0.02,1};
specular[] = {0.0,0.0,0.0,0};
specularPower = 1; // specular interpolator must be enabled
emmisive[] = {0,0,0,0};

PixelShaderID = "NormalMapDiffuse";
VertexShaderID = "NormalMapDiffuseAlpha";

//surfaceInfo="landtext\bumps.bisurf";

class Stage1
{ // normal map
[b]texture="Skye\Data\cr_trava1_detail_nopx.paa";[/b]  <-- Change this for different textures
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[] = {10,0,0};
up[] = {0,10,0};
dir[] = {0,0,10};
pos[] = {0,0,0};
};
};

class Stage2
{
[b]texture="Skye\Data\cr_trava1_detail_co.paa";[/b] <-- Change this for different textures
uvSource="tex";
class uvTransform
{
aside[] = {10,0,0};
up[] = {0,10,0};
dir[] = {0,0,10};
pos[] = {0,0,0};
};
};

Make sure you change "Skye" to your own island folder in P:\ drive.

Edited by Waterman

OK, that looks basically pretty good. Now I can get with my ArmA1 knowledge abot to paint my Island. Thanks Waterman and still good luck for your work.

regards

Memphis

Ehhmmm...if I may ask somethings again, hope you guys dont mind me...but why is the layered Terrain Surface Representation in the Wiki talking about a texture file called grass_lco.png defined in the layers.cfg, as shown here:

class Layers
{
 class Grass
 {
   texture="Tarrafal\data\[b][i][u]grass_lco[/u][/i][/b].paa";
   material="Tarrafal\data\grass.rvmat";
 };

although there´s not respective file included in the Data folder:confused:, even not in the extracted chernuarus_Data folder. For some reason this is pretty hard to see what´s happeneing there. It was so much easier in ArmA1, why is it that much complicate in A2. The stages thing is a further thing which is quite impossibe to get, what the heck does those files mean, where are they coming from? And basically do I need those files actually?

I think a sample map made by BIS would really be helpful.

I just gonna try to see whether the old layers.cfg file is still working...

I don't really get what you mean. Currently all BIKI information is on ArmA I.

I suggest you to unpack all the relevant pbos for utes or chernarus and study

each part closely.

Use diff tools to figure out how config and rvmat files changed.

Edited by kju

I found 3 .paa for each surface type.

Fore example:

cr_trava1_detail_co.paa <- Detail texture seen close up in game

cr_trava1_detail_nopx.paa <- Replaces _nohq from Arma1 I think

cr_trava1_mco.paa <- Not sure, maybe middle distance texture/base texture

Yes, those texture files are stored in Chernaurus_Data, I know these files and already set up the resp. rvmat file for these textures (depending on what textures they are of course). But where is the Grass_lco.paa stored as displayed in the Biki example within the layers.cfg. That absolutely makes no sence. Thats why I am so much irritated.

I suggest you to unpack all the relevant pbos for utes or chernarus and study

each part closely.

Use diff tools to figure out how config and rvmat files changed.

I already did and stored them on my drive, but usualy all the relevant things like rvmat files and layers.cfg are removed.

The only rvmat files are stored in chernaurus_Data_layers. But there are hundrets of them and opening one of them as back in ArmA1 is giving out this.

raP f ambient fff?fff?fff? €?diffuse fff?fff?fff? €?forcedDiffuse

×£<

×£<

×£< €?emmisive specular specularPower Stage0 w Stage1 ¿ TexGen3 TexGen4  TexGen0 TexGen1 †TexGen2 PixelShaderID TerrainX VertexShaderID Terrain Stage2 – Stage3 Ø Stage4 f texture ca\chernarus\data\layers\s_008_028_lco.paa texGen ¿ texture ca\chernarus\data\layers\m_008_028_lca.paa texGen uvSource worldPos uvTransform 2  aside Îûÿ: up Îûÿ:dir Îûÿº pos ïÀ r@  uvSource worldPos uvTransform ¸ aside Îûÿ: up Îûÿ:dir Îûÿº pos ïÀ r@ uvSource tex uvTransform 9 †aside €? up €? dir €?pos †uvSource tex uvTransform º aside A up A dir Apos uvSource tex uvTransform ; – aside A up A dir Apos – texture #(rgb,1,1,1)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,1,cdt) texGen Ø texture ca\chernarus\data\cr_sterk_detail_nopx.paa texGen texture ca\chernarus\data\cr_sterk_detail_co.paa texGen f

So it´s a bit tricky to figure out how it works...for me, not at all because you somehow managed it already...only the hell knows how...

Edited by MemphisBelle

You see the rvmat files in rapified format.

You can either use kegs derap or mikeros derapify or eliteness:

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/134

The layers.cfg is removed in the process.

Yet you can recreate the info by looking at the mask colors and their corresponding

ingame textures and by checking the rvmat files and configs (cfgClutter etc).

Waterman...

{40,0,0}

tells you how many 'repeats' you want, so say you got a textures that suits 1m and you using that 40m grid change to....

aside[] = {40,0,0};

up[] = {0,40,0};

dir[] = {0,0,40};

pos[] = {0,0,0};

At least its working for me!!

Thanks CBFASI, I thought it was something to do with that. I changed it from 1 to 10 and it looks ok for now, but I shall try 40 to see if it looks better.

Watch out for tiling looking crap, mine does at 40 so I will adjust again, but at least we got a little flexibility, just dont ask about other problems I got with BIS tools and BIS roads..

small question:

it is possible to represent 6 textures on the ARMA2 Map, and how i can make this?

in my Visitor3 for ArmAII i have only 4 Textur on the Map!

(sorry for my bad english)

Do you have the latest version of Visitor? (BI Tools2)

There are 14 textures that are used on Chernarus, however only a maximum of 6 is allowed per texture tile as far as I know.

Do you have the latest version of Visitor? (BI Tools2)

There are 14 textures that are used on Chernarus, however only a maximum of 6 is allowed per texture tile as far as I know.

i think yes, i have the "Visitor3 Personal Edition for ArmA II"

Snake Man have try to help me, but i do not find the problem.

When i put more than 4 Textures on my ArmA2 Map the 5 and 6 Textur have the same detail textur like one from the 4.

good news, my textures work now, it was the wrong Sattelite Size in the Visitor3 setting!!!

but what have the Sattelite Size to do with the texture?

thx for all who help me!!!