Sign in to follow this  
M4Mkey

Interactive barrier ?

Ok guys, I'm working on a little HQ and I was wondering how to use barriers. By default, they are open in the editor.

So first, how can I make them close ?

Secondly and maybe the most difficult,

Is it possible that, with a trigger when a Bluefor enter a nearest area of the barrier, this one will open ? And maybe after a little countdown, will close by itself again ?

If someone has any idea, It'll help me a lot !

i guess it can, I have seen it in missions for arma1

with a bit off scripting anything is possible :yay:

cya

ok, this animate ["bargate",1] is the way to make it closed.

Now I need some command to make it closed by default and then a way to set my trigger to be active only for bluefor VEHICLES :)

Triggers are okay ! Except they're working for any BLUFOR units ! Need help to set them only for vehicles :D

Edited by M4Mkey

Just place the code in the gates init box and it should close right at the start of the mission.

well yeah, at the start of the mission, the gate is closing... I want it closed ! :D

Anyway that's not really the big deal. I'd like that only vehicles affect the triggering

Edited by M4Mkey

Group the vehicle with the trigger and you will see a new option on the trigger drop down menu when you double click it.

Look up isKindOf (at work sorry) to determine how to make specific units/unit classes interact with it. :)

Edited by Snakelet