Sign in to follow this  
p75

Loading old vanilla Arma maps in Arma 2 with CAA1 - Just Wow - Performance & Beauty

@kju: As I understood, you are busy to convert PROPER plants addon for use with CAA1 and OAC. Well, I gave the unchanged ArmA 1 version a go in the editor with the following load order

"H:\Programme\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -maxmem=2048 -cpucount=4 -profiles=Profiles -mod=@CBA;@general;@replacements;@vopsound_2;@xtrasounds;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core;@PROPER_plants;@CAA1_plants

The last folder contains caa1_p_plants.pbo, without that loading later, I get some trees as black boxy artifacts ingame.

I created a patrol and put myself about 50m from the road behind a bush and it worked.

Then I took the @PROPER_plants folder out of the load order and the caa1_p_plants.pbo back into x\caa1\addons, basically reverting to stock CAA1, and to my surprise the patrol STILL did not notice me.

While I might have been unable to make PROPER plants work at all, just look how both times the vegetation looks identical, it seems there actually IS some degree of concealment working in ArmA 2.

Of course, until BIS fixes that issue in patch 1.03 (hopefully they do it for real...) , the AI still can receive parapsychological signals from their fallen comrades telling them where exactly the sniper in 500m distance is hiding who just shot one of the PSI-Squad:rofl:

I think I don't have to make a vid of that mysterious ArmA 2 AI ability to talk with the dead, but if anyone really needs to see that, just ask;)

hope the vids show the message,

touristo

I'm trying to set this up using the latest build of Yoma's Addon Sync.

I can see the server listed in YAC, but I cant see how to download the files from it, can anyone help me out?

I can see the server listed in YAC, but I cant see how to download the files from it, can anyone help me out?

Can't help you there, mate, I just grabbed them from their html server. Use a download manager. And put it all (including the core files) into one directory and place a string in your shortcut as in -mod=name of your added directory.

Simple as that!

Is it just me or do the old islands look better than Chernarus/UTES? Porto looks incredible now. Maybe it's just the Autumn, never did think that was a good idea, it just looks ... odd.

From memory (which is always hit and miss with me) there is something like a default servers tab which lists a few servers CAA and OAC, I right clicked on each server and added it as a favourate. Then from your favourates server tab double click on one of the servers to open it's section, in here you'll find and addons tab and when you have selected that, you should see the option to check for addons, and then download addons.

ok i downloaded all the files and get these error ,when i start my Arma 2 up plus no maps showing except the onces you get with arma2

bin\config.bin/cfg.vehicles/ca.rocks

bin\config.bin/cfgworlds/worldname.porto

this is my shortcut

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CAA1;@noblurB;@orcpmc

@caa1 file is 3.79gb

hope this helps

Edited by Lightninguk

I thought it was a bit complicated but I managed to do it. After you run the server sync program and add those lines (first is the name of the server and the other is the url) you connect to the server and then there is another tab or the top left that lets you download the addons with the correct structure.

It's a bit confusing and I can't remember the exact details but look around and you will see the tab.

Then you change your shortcut (-mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core) as described in the instructions and you are done.

See if your addon folder follows that structure. You need a folder called x in your arma 2 root folder, that contains two more folders (caa1 and oac) etc.

Edited by Master gamawa

Some missions/campaigns work, briefings missing though.

Just tried another mission that worked called "Last tango in Bagango"

i was just about to ask if the arma1 campaign works?

i'd love if we had all the OFP / Arma1 campaigns imported into Arma2. Even if i have to have the original disks to do the import that would be awesome.

maybe BI will listen and release an expansion with them? might be a nice bonus

Some missions/campaigns work, briefings missing though.

These need to be changed yes. We are trying to automate the process though.

@ GunSlingerAUS

A2 shows objects only ~46% of the viewdistance while OFP and A1 still had 66%. :(

Go to potions during SP, to bump up the view distance.

Having object details maxed helps as well. Be careful for Chernarus to revert it again.

Performance killer that one is. ;)

@ SemperFi01

Can you please post your RPT in the CAA1 issue tracker. Thanks!

@ j_frost

A patch of 1-2 GB size? :D

@ touristo

You can only have either PROPER_plants.pbo or CAA1_P_plants.pbo active.

Make sure to move the later out of addons to try PROPER plants.

In terms of concealment. A1 vege had this already. Rg just made the view block larger.

To me it seems that Sahrani/Porto/Rahmadi still have grass layer at distance - visually

to the player at least. Yet I might be wrong.

@ Mandrake5

Did you read this YAS guide by thorhal?

@ Lightninguk

As mentioned several times in here, you are missing the OAC core addon. :)

@ H-street

This is what the OAC project is all about.

OAC had for A1 these campaigns converted:

* Bohemia Interactive

o Cold War Crisis

o Resistance

* Community created

o 1989

o Operation Sharkeye II

o PMC Dynamic CE

o PMC Fury

o PMC Heros Path

o PMC Joint Justice

o PMC Tank Hunter

o Shadows Of The Motherland

o ULOTC

Some more, some less working. OAC is a community project that needs

contributors help play-test, report problems and help improve the missions. :bounce3:

Check this one: Royal Flush, The Cause and Cold War Crisis campaigns in ArmA2 ?

Edited by kju

well. i heard that we were suppose to get the same kind of performance in Arma2 like it was in Arma 1.

Need the grass and trees from the main ArmA2 island and it would be great. Do you need proper tools to do that or can we not just replace the existing for the new ?

Virtually no stutter, frames are 40-60 in all towns / cities and areas, runs like a dream, what a shame this didn't come with the standard ArmA2 install, it would have made the game much more playable :(

Cheers for download.

Since I can't get ArmA2 to run more than a few minutes before I get a BSOD or CDT, has anyone checked to see how my Schmalfelden and Razani maps look & work in ArmA2? Thanks!

Since I can't get ArmA2 to run more than a few minutes before I get a BSOD or CDT, has anyone checked to see how my Schmalfelden and Razani maps look & work in ArmA2? Thanks!

Avagani runs fine, so I think Razani would run fine also.

Ill post some high res. screenshots playing in Razani and Schmalfelden - Extra Heavy Vegetation

tonight.

I downloaded all of the CAA1 Files using the HTTP download. Now the camera for the main menu background is under the sea (Not really a problem) and when i go on the map editor i know have about 6 Utes islands and nothing new. Any advise?

I downloaded all of the CAA1 Files using the HTTP download. Now the camera for the main menu background is under the sea (Not really a problem) and when i go on the map editor i know have about 6 Utes islands and nothing new. Any advise?

Read back thru the first several pages of this thread. Others experienced this and sorted it it.

I installed these files today to get Arma1 islands running in Arma2 using yomas addon synchroniser, an the results are stunning.

Thanks to all who put work into getting this up and sorted.

Who would have thought running arma2 on highest settings with 10,000m view distance at 60fps was possible ?

Awesome, love your work.

regards./

You need to download the OAC files as well.

@Nicholas Bell - Ranzini seems to be working great with CAA1, you would be the best judge about clutter and textures being right, but it looks good to me.

I installed Schmalfelden hv but I'm yet to test it out.

@Anyone - Is there an easy way to get the CWR mod islands in without editing all the configs. Just putting it in gives the 'version 1.14 required' error, and they are the only FP isles I want. No offense to any modders but I'm not interested in 1 texture islands or flashpoint trees, etc, etc.

After you do the automatic download, check that each file downloaded correctly. I had several files that were missing, so used the HTTP link in instructions to manually grab them. Voila, problem fixed.

AWESOM! Works very well and i get very good fps!!!

Arma 2 chernarus = 9 to 20fps

Sharani or what was it = 22 to 60 fps..

and what is best IT LOOKS AS GOOD AS CHERNARUS! Just lower details on buildings, not much difference. I will play this map only from now on. Also converted crcti to sharani and it plays perfectly!!!

This is what the OAC project is all about.

OAC had for A1 these campaigns converted:

* Bohemia Interactive

o Cold War Crisis

o Resistance

* Community created

o 1989

o Operation Sharkeye II

o PMC Dynamic CE

o PMC Fury

o PMC Heros Path

o PMC Joint Justice

o PMC Tank Hunter

o Shadows Of The Motherland

o ULOTC

Do you know where I can download these converted campaigns?

@Anyone - Is there an easy way to get the CWR mod islands in without editing all the configs. Just putting it in gives the 'version 1.14 required' error, and they are the only FP isles I want. No offense to any modders but I'm not interested in 1 texture islands or flashpoint trees, etc, etc.

I just drove / flied over all CWR islands. Made some small config changes, had some errors but worked fine with CAA1 and oac. Fantastic to be back !! :D

Im home just over the night so I will have no time to do anything with it. I hope someone ports over the CWR islands and get permission to do so. If nothing have happened when I get back home I might start looking into it.

@ Nicholas Bell : Wow, thats how it looks , good FPS too even on the Schmalfelden "Extra Heavy Vegetation" map - this stuff is so good that should have been included by BI in the Arma 2 official release or as a patch, all this CAA1 and OAC stuff and these amazing maps - click to enlarge 5040x1050.

7d470011b282592d40625a12aef68d0b6g.jpg

83ddb0037693568a207ae3266494ba306g.jpg

1c2509f3f068cb83a3c0e3a5d6e41a6a6g.jpg

7d0ae9d8873973afb72fe2ea13b16a2c6g.jpg

dd17a3164620cbdd3f8a4adcfd6f7f8b6g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?zftluwfzydy

http://www.mediafire.com/?uiytm4nmyeh

http://www.mediafire.com/?5xgmtkz5zcn

http://www.mediafire.com/?omgddzym2id

http://www.mediafire.com/?hzqjwej1izq

http://www.mediafire.com/?zhmwmt1htw1